PDA

View Full Version : Ice Cream In A Ziplock Bag * 1/2 cup half-and-half * 1 tablespoon sugar * 1/4 teaspoon vanilla * 1 sandwich

Potemkin
07-05-2010, 03:02 PM
http://ghosttraveller.com/ziplockbagicecream.htm

Ice Cream In A Ziplock Bag

* 1/2 cup half-and-half
* 1 tablespoon sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
* 1 sandwich ziploc bag
* 1 gallon ziploc bag
* 3 cups crushed ice
* 1/3 cup rock salt/coarse salt

1. Put first 3 ingredients in the smaller Ziplock bag and seal bag (Make sure it is tightly closed!). Put ice and rock salt in the larger bag and then add the filled small bag. Seal the large bag.
2. Squeeze bag until ice cream is thickened, about 10-15 minutes.
3. Remove small bag, unseal, and eat with spoon.

Potemkin
07-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Well, it worked.

First picture is the quart bag in a 2 gal bag with ice and salt.

The second picture is the quart bag, frozen.

CanadaSue
07-05-2010, 08:48 PM
I have so got to try that...

rb.
07-05-2010, 11:05 PM
So...how did it taste, Pot? I think I have everything here, except the half and half. Got me some gooood vanilla (double N. American strength) that my neighbour brought me back from the Dominican.

Potemkin
07-06-2010, 03:51 PM
So...how did it taste, Pot? I think I have everything here, except the half and half. Got me some gooood vanilla (double N. American strength) that my neighbour brought me back from the Dominican.

Honestly I thought it was good. I and Ms. Pote enjoyed it.

It was frozen but could have some time in the freezer before consumption. It was as hard as you would get in a churn, but over the years I have gotten used to it being more frozen.

However, we didn't let it get to that point, we just went for it.

The only thing I would add is that the bag probably needs a quick rinse with clear water to get rid of the salt.