PDA

View Full Version : Are we being stampeded?

Ought Six
11-26-2008, 09:32 PM
I saw a post on another board that made me think. Remember the rice scare? The price of rice shot up, and people were buying big quantities at inflated prices 'before it ran out'. The same is happening now with PMs. Gotta get that gold at nearly $1000/ounce before it goes to $2000/ounce. Had to buy stocks when the Dow was at 14,000 before it went to 20,000 and you lost out on all those profits. And buy that $350,000 condo before they went up to $500,000. Now we have to buy milsurp ammo at 50/round while we can still get some. Same with 'black rifles' and high-capacity mags. A few years ago, we had to buy up a ton of primers because the government was going to ban them.

There are constant scares that drive up the price of whatever, and cause a buying frenzy, followed by a crash in the value of that item. It just seems to keep happening, and we keep going for it.

VT9
11-26-2008, 09:38 PM
I haven't bought anything at these urgency induced prices as I was buying, primer, powder, and ammunition as the prices started to rise a couple years ago.

When the AWB sunsetted I waited a bit for mag prices to come down and started buying.

There's going to be a lot of Glocks and AR's that have been purchased at inflated prices in the last few weeks. Chances are most won't get shot. Just posed with in front of a mirror.

Twoolf
11-26-2008, 10:34 PM
There's going to be a lot of Glocks and AR's that have been purchased at inflated prices in the last few weeks. Chances are most went get shot. Just posed with in front of a mirror.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: