Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Main Floor > News > Outside the Box

Outside the Box Not necessarily the news, anything oddball fits in here.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:51 PM   #1
caonacl
the truth is precious

Default Montauk's Latest Monster Tale

Montauk's Latest Monster Tale

Here we go again. No matter how hard we try, we just can't avoid the subject. It's become the washed-up corpse in the room that's getting harder and harder to ignore. It, of course, is the Montauk Monster - or should we say, The Montauk Monster, Part Deux!

I successfully avoided the subject last year, but now that they've recast the Montauk Monster for a sequel, it looks like I'm just going to have to deal with the fact that 'it' is here to stay. At least until T-shirt and photo sales start to flatline. For those who haven't seen the video, here's a clip of the latest beast to wash up on the news. And in case you're wondering, yes, this one was also scooped off the beach and stored in a cooler at someone's home. You can get all of the juicy details on this latest monster, which was found in Southold, along with a "biological warfare" theory or two over at montauk-monster.com.

Now, regarding said 'monster,' I feel the need to add a quick, personal side note. I'd like to make a plea to all of the 'raccoon theorists' out there to please stop calling it a raccoon. I'm as skeptical as the next person, but seriously...a raccoon? Where in the world do you live that your first inclination, upon seeing a gigantic, bald, turtle-headed beast, is to call it a raccoon? Unless your answer is "a suburb of Chernobyl," please stop talking - or call it anything else. Literally, anything else. Call it a big fat hoax or a crossbred sea cow -- hell, call it a mutated pig with Swine Flu and abandonment issues, but for the love of God, please stop calling it a raccoon.

http://www.theinsider.com/news/21890...t_Monster_Tale
caonacl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:54 PM   #2
caonacl
the truth is precious

caonacl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
latest, monster, montauk, tale