Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Main Floor > Politics

Politics Step up and make your case on all manner of political topics.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:46 AM   #1
Renegade
Certified Southern Moderator

Default Bill Clinton Revives 'Vast, Right-Wing Conspiracy'

The ex-president made the comment in a television interview when he was asked about one of the signature moments of the Monica Lewinsky affair over a decade ago.

AP

Monday, September 28, 2009

WASHINGTON -- Bill Clinton said a vast, right-wing conspiracy that once targeted him is now focusing on President Obama.

The ex-president made the comment in a television interview when he was asked about one of the signature moments of the Monica Lewinsky affair over a decade ago. Back then, first lady Hillary Rodham Clinton used the term "vast, right-wing conspiracy" to describe how her husband's political enemies were out to destroy his presidency.

Bill Clinton was asked on NBC's "Meet the Press" whether the conspiracy is still there. He replied: "You bet. Sure it is. It's not as strong as it was because America has changed demographically. But it's as virulent as it was."

Clinton said that this time around, the focus is on Obama and "their agenda seems to be wanting him to fail."

The former president said he believes Democrats won't suffer the kind of political meltdown that hobbled his administration after the 1994 elections, when the party lost control of the House for the first time in 40 years.

Clinton said what losses Democrats do suffer in the 2010 elections will be manageable and blamed the party's stance against the gun lobby for more than a dozen lost seats in 1994.

As for Hillary Rodham Clinton making another run for the White House, the former president said that's up to her. But added, "We're not getting any younger."

The former president said he's happy running his global initiative that brings together the public and private sector to discuss solutions to climate change, poverty, global health and education.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...focused-obama/
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:57 PM   #2
BirdGuano
H1N1 Crash Dummy

Well they have mostly re-treads from the Clinton era in the Obama Administration.

Why not ?

Quote:
"It is better to have lived one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep." -- Tibetan proverb
News and commentary updates on Twitter @guanosphere
BirdGuano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:12 PM   #3
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

Clinton was not getting any facetime with the cameras, so he said something provacative that would guarantee he would get some media attention. He is just feeding his narcissism.
* The only usable tools for these tasks are guns, and thus I have the right to shoot anyone who would take my guns from me.
Ought Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:33 PM   #4
leistb
Senior Level 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ought Six View Post
Clinton was not getting any facetime with the cameras, so he said something provacative that would guarantee he would get some media attention. He is just feeding his narcissism.
leistb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:38 PM   #5
Potemkin
Omne ignotum pro magnifico

Thanked 1,699 Times in 1,047 Posts
Christ! Democrats control the House, the Senate and the Presidency and they still have to pull out this tired old saw?

The House Majority Leader can't even control her own Party.

© Gregori Potemkin. All rights reserved. But wait . . . fair use allowed and encouraged. Actually, go 'head and publish the whole thing as is. I don't care.
Potemkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bill, clinton, conspiracy, revives, rightwing, vast