Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Main Floor > Politics

Politics Step up and make your case on all manner of political topics.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:07 PM   #1
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow Thirteen lawsuits against healthcare mandate headed for Supreme Court

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...t-court-steps/

Obama may soon have cause to regret attacking the Supreme Court in his State of the Union speech, as they will now decide the fate of Obamacare.
* The only usable tools for these tasks are guns, and thus I have the right to shoot anyone who would take my guns from me.
Ought Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:58 PM   #2
dyrt
. . .

The cases could not only decide the fate of Obamacare but the powers of Congress. The problem for all of us, pro and con, is that it may take years before the case is ever heard.

OOH, many of the Democrats would probably like to see a very quick path to the court, like before November. If Obamacare is stopped by the court then the mooch and looting class will be outraged and vote like they have never voted before. If the court sides with the Obamarama, then it is a done deal.

OTOH, if the justice system takes its usual process then Obama could very well have put new judges on the court by the time the case arrives.

Seems to me that even if I was a hand waving liberal, I would not want to give Congress this much power. One of these days, Congress will be under Republican control again and it boggles the mind what they may require us to buy.

How about every person must have a gun with training? How about everyone must donate money to a church? I am sure we can think of many mandated purchases that would drive the liberal elite crazy. Yeah, I know, by definition a conservative is not going to do anything like that but you never know what Republicans are going to do.
dyrt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
court, headed, healthcare, lawsuits, mandate, supreme, thirteen