Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Main Floor > News

News This is the forum where we post hard news and current events. If it is outside the box then that is where it goes. If it is your opinion, please write in the Op/Ed forum.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:01 PM   #1
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow Freshwater pirates robbing Americans on Falcon Lake at Texas border

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/sta...ull Article=y
* The only usable tools for these tasks are guns, and thus I have the right to shoot anyone who would take my guns from me.
Ought Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:04 PM   #2
Potemkin
Omne ignotum pro magnifico

Thanked 1,970 Times in 1,167 Posts

© Gregori Potemkin. All rights reserved. But wait . . . fair use allowed and encouraged. Actually, go 'head and publish the whole thing as is. I don't care.
Potemkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:24 PM   #3
Sonny
Senior Level 4

^ +!
Looks to have a high percent of stainless, thats good, especially for mariners.

http://users.wolfcrews.com/toys/vikings/
Sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:33 PM   #4
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

That is the Winchester Stainless Marine Model 1300. Nice weapon, but not my first choice to go up against fake Mexican cops armed with AR-15s.
* The only usable tools for these tasks are guns, and thus I have the right to shoot anyone who would take my guns from me.
Ought Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:58 PM   #5
dyrt
. . .

LOL. Some redneck gun toting bible clingers and I had an ongoing conversation about this today. Some of these bass fishermen have weapons of equal ability and a lot of recent experience using them. I have no doubt that they would use whatever weapon they happened to have and win the battle considering their recent careers. I can also tell you that they will have better weapons if fishing on any of the border waters in the future. They won't be shy. In fact, they just might consider the threat a benefit. After all they are flying up and down the lakes with 200 hp motors. If you have seen them, then you know flying is right word because only a few inches of the boat is actually on the water. And don't forget, Texas sends, by far, more young people into the military and especially the Marines, than any other state. Many of these are country folks who like to fish . . . and shoot.

My opinion: No drug gang member is going out to steal a couple hundred dollars. This is about clearing space for the boss. Big boss drug dealer has probably built a house on Falcon and having Americans fishing in "his" water is disrespect. So he sends the newbies, clamoring to make a name for themselves, out to terrorize a few fishermen and hopes the media picks up the story. After three tries, his side of the lake is a lot more peaceful.
dyrt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
americans, border, falcon, freshwater, lake, pirates, robbing, texas