Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Our Homestead > Our Leisure Time > TV, Movies and Music

TV, Movies and Music Discuss your favorite television shows, movies, and music here.

Old 05-18-2010, 04:26 PM   #1
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow Cancelled CBS series: Cold Case, Numb3rs, Ghost Whisperer, Miami Medical, three others

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...68IwAD9FPEN305
* The only usable tools for these tasks are guns, and thus I have the right to shoot anyone who would take my guns from me.
Ought Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:35 PM   #2
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE64D15K20100518

Ten new shows from ABC.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:42 PM   #3
rb.
Hey, USA, you're not the boss of me!

Cancelling Flash Forward?! Crap
rb. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:44 PM   #4
Twoolf
Searcher for Truth and a good Carpachio

Looks like the best shows will still be on Syfy and Discovery.
Twoolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:45 PM   #5
flourbug
fumbling around in the dark

Thanked 3,275 Times in 1,862 Posts
Quote:
Cancelling Flash Forward?! Crap
+1
“When the situation was manageable it was neglected, and now that it is thoroughly out of hand we apply too late the remedies which then might have effected a cure. There is nothing new in the story. It is as old as the sibylline books. It falls into that long, dismal catalogue of the fruitlessness of experience and the confirmed unteachability of mankind. Want of foresight, unwillingness to act when action would be simple and effective, lack of clear thinking, confusion of counsel until the emergency comes, until self-preservation strikes its jarring gong–these are the features which constitute the endless repetition of history.”
— Winston Churchill, House of Commons, 2 May 1935.

Price history
flourbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:49 PM   #6
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

I hate network execs.
* The only usable tools for these tasks are guns, and thus I have the right to shoot anyone who would take my guns from me.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:04 PM   #7
Old Hawk
Elderest

Pretty sure Numbers was already cancelled, they did a definite finale show with all the characters going off in different directions. GW was definitely running out of steam. CC used a routine plot formula that was getting tiresome. Still, they will have to come up with really good shows to replace them.

Miami Medical was so new I'd not seen it yet, but did we really need another medical show?

Shatner could be funny with the right material. Sellick does a great cop on Jesse Stone but do we really need another cop show?

OH
Old 05-18-2010, 06:22 PM   #8
kaneohegirl
I LOVE Fairys too

I like miami medical...BUT it is too technical in jargon... the hubby was totally lost... kept asking what things mean LOL so it wasnt geared for "regular" ppl he can follow grays and private practice fine
Old 05-19-2010, 04:54 PM   #9
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...-update3-.html

CBS is airing a remake of Hawaii Five-O. Cast photos here:

http://www.alexoloughlinonline.com/#
Old 05-19-2010, 05:25 PM   #10
sandyd
Beach Fun

The New Adventures of Old Christine-beyond stupid IMO

Gary Unmarried-another really stupid one. Glad to see it go.

Miami Medical-too new. Not attached to it at all.

Accidentally on Purpose-funny but not all that great.

FlashForward started good but had too many mistakes. OMG, a gun is pointed at someone by a wired up controlled thingy....knock it over rather than put on the safety. Right?

The only way to win is to not play...(like global thermal nuclear war).
sandyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 05:44 PM   #11
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

A Glock does not have a safety to put on, and the device was wired to fire if tampered with in any way.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:49 PM   #12
sandyd
Beach Fun

They showed a close up of the safety or what looked like one....at that point they lost me....

Old 05-19-2010, 07:01 PM   #13
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

I saw the episode, too. No mention of a safety, or turning on a safety that I recall.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:32 PM   #14
sandyd
Beach Fun

It was in the picture...they didn't say anything and if it should have been a gun with no safety, then the prop they used was a fail...cuz it sure looked like one.

Then again, I see stuff on medical shows that is not real and get bummed....after awhile they get turned off too cuz of it.

They can use simple words to explain stuff but keep it like real life...don't take someone off a machine breathing for them to oxygen and a nasal cannula and claim they need to go back on the machine 'in a few minutes but this will work for a short time'....

Old 07-10-2010, 01:16 AM   #15
Arianwen
This runner/cyclist fueled by Irish Tea

No more Numb3rs??? fffuuu-

I was a Goatse Whisperer watcher until it started to get lame.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:05 PM   #16
Potemkin
Omne ignotum pro magnifico

Thanked 1,810 Times in 1,101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneohegirl View Post
I like miami medical...BUT it is too technical in jargon... the hubby was totally lost... kept asking what things mean LOL so it wasnt geared for "regular" ppl he can follow grays and private practice fine
I was thinking the opposite is why Numb3rs failed.

High math cred, high geek cred in the beginning.

Then, they started making it simpler to try to have a broader audience.

The geeks bailed because it was lam3rz (me), it couldn't hook the norms, and it went down hill.

© Gregori Potemkin. All rights reserved. But wait . . . fair use allowed and encouraged. Actually, go 'head and publish the whole thing as is. I don't care.
Potemkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:26 PM   #17
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

P:
Quote:
"I was thinking the opposite is why Numb3rs failed."
"Numb3rs failed" ?!?

The networks would piss themselves in sheer joy if their other shows could 'fail' the way Numb3rs did. Granted, it never reached the popularity of the 'CSI' series, but just about no other series has. It had a pretty steady fan base (and still does) for its six-season run. It has been a good performer for CBS.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:16 AM   #18
gsgs
searching for truth

I don't watch US-TV, but I'm following Ed Pegg http://mathpuzzle.com
who after initial enthusiasm reported Nov/2009
>For some reason, Numb3rs has been steadily losing its audience, and CBS has
> reduced the season order from 23 episodes to 16 episodes
Old 07-15-2010, 03:12 PM   #19
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

As shows run on for multiple seasons, a slow, steady decline in ratings is the normal course of events for all but the most popular shows.

Tags
cancelled, case, cbs, cold, ghost, medical, miami, numb3rs, series, whisperer