Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Main Floor > News

News This is the forum where we post hard news and current events. If it is outside the box then that is where it goes. If it is your opinion, please write in the Op/Ed forum.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:58 PM   #1
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow Protest about LAPD shooting of a Central American illegal turn into battle with police

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...nt.html?r=news
* The only usable tools for these tasks are guns, and thus I have the right to shoot anyone who would take my guns from me.
Ought Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:52 PM   #2
Brihard
Non-Electric Pop Up Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ought Six View Post
Quote:
""He came after the officers with a knife raised in the air, leading one of the officers to fire at the suspect," LAPD Lt. Andrew Neiman told The Associated Press."
Quote:
"Kelly Flor, a self-described community activist, told KNBC News Jamines could not understand what the police were telling him at the time of the incident.

"He could not speak English, so he could not understand what the officer was saying," she said, "and after that the officer proceeded in shooting him twice in the head.""
Garbage. Everybody speaks 'gun'. When cop points gun at you, do not rush cop with knife. Pretty sure it works the same way in Guatemala.

-Thucydides
Brihard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:49 PM   #3
Glockd
5.56, faster than 911

No, in Guatemala there are no verbal commands. The threat is perceived and acted upon.

Put it this way, if you had a knife in your hand, would you rather find yourself confronted by an American Police Officer or a South American Police Officer. How about a Mexican Cop (especially here lately).

"When the enemy is in range, so are you!" - Murphy
كافر & Proud
Glockd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:27 PM   #4
Auburn Boy
Denizen of the Gold Fields

As if it takes a translation to understand a gun pointed at your head? And the fact that the bearer of said gun is wearing a police uniform?

Duh!
Can't leave the Siwwy Wabbit behind!!
Auburn Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:56 PM   #5
Sonny
Senior Level 4

The officers also told him in Spanish to drop the knife, so it sound like he may have gotten what he wanted, "suicide by cop" Consider that he may have been Catholic and their teachings about suicide.
This then might have been more acceptable to him.
Sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:57 PM   #6
Glockd
5.56, faster than 911

When people start throwing TV's and AC units out of windows onto officers, its time to break out the mini-guns. Pepperballs at first, but if that does not calm shit down, raking a few apartment windows with live rounds will. If this idiot had done this in any South American country he would be just as dead. Likewise, if you start pelting officers with 50-70 lb items from elevated locations, you gonna get your ass shot. In some places, you're likely to find an HE round in your living room. Well, for a microsecond at least until it turns you and yours into a pink mist.

"When the enemy is in range, so are you!" - Murphy
كافر & Proud
Glockd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:00 PM   #7
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

Even free and tolerant societies need boundaries. These idiots crossed them, and need to be punished.
* The only usable tools for these tasks are guns, and thus I have the right to shoot anyone who would take my guns from me.
Ought Six is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american, battle, central, illegal, lapd, police, protest, shooting, turn