Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Our Homestead > Outdoors > Sports

Old 09-29-2010, 09:30 AM   #1
Fartacus
It's like that, is it?

Default Dallas Cowboys rookie's hazing exceeds average US household income

What a bunch of a$$holes.

Quote:
At some point, Dallas Cowboys rookie wide receiver Dez Bryant was going to get his comeuppance. Teammate Roy Williams all but guaranteed that during training camp.

Bryant made national news in training camp when he refused to carry Williams' pads after practice -- bucking the trend of veteran NFL players hazing rookies. Bryant later said he didn't know about such tradition.

"I'm not doing it," Bryant said then. "I feel like I was drafted to play football, not carry another player's pads."

Williams excused it, saying then that Bryant, who received $8.3 million in guaranteed money from his rookie contract, would just have to take the team out to dinner and get him some new shoes.

Well, that dinner happened Monday night. The final tab: $54,896.

Players ordered basically everything on the menu and even took home bottles of wine.

After checking out the 90-page wine book, it's anybody's guess if anybody took home a bottle of Chateau Latour for $9,000. It's also possible a few players ordered a bottle of PlumpJack Reserve for $600.
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=5626300

Quote:
In 2007, the "real" (adjusted for inflation) median annual household income rose 1.3% to $50,233.00 according to the Census Bureau.[4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Househo..._United_States

The Dude abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners.
Fartacus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
average, cowboy, exceeds, hazing, household, income, rookie