Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Our Homestead > Preparedness

Preparedness Join us to discuss all aspects of preparedness.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:33 AM   #1
Greta

Default emergency preparedness video

Here is a short seven minute emergency preparedness video by survivalist, Cody Lundin. I am not sure how to embed a YouTube video so I will just post the link. I like the way he opens the can of tuna.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmmpg-XCU-k
Greta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Greta For This Useful Post:
Dude111 (07-01-2013)
Old 10-01-2008, 11:34 PM   #2
neilyoungfan
Member Level 4

Interesting video, especially how to open a can without a can opener. However, why is he barefoot? That seems like a dumb thing to do, even during "normal" times. He could step on something and injure himself, contract a nasty infection, etc.
neilyoungfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:36 AM   #3
Teal
Not Active

I could take him more seriously if not for his costume.

BTW: Tuna. It's a pretty common allergen, and if forced to eat a lot of it, many people would become ill or die from it. Diversify your preps. Canned chicken and beef seem to have a better shelf life, too.

I tried that can opening thing a few years ago. I liked it so much that I went to the dollar store and bought 4 more cheap can openers (car, bug out bags, etc) so I'd never get stuck doing that.
Teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:32 AM   #4
neilyoungfan
Member Level 4

I have several Swingaways. I haven't owned an electric can opener for more than 20 years!
Old 10-02-2008, 08:18 AM   #5
Greta

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilyoungfan View Post
Interesting video, especially how to open a can without a can opener. However, why is he barefoot? That seems like a dumb thing to do, even during "normal" times. He could step on something and injure himself, contract a nasty infection, etc.
That is a good question. Cody Lundin is actually more of a wilderness survival expert. I have seen videos on YouTube where he also walked around in the woods with no shoes. The only video I have seen him with shoes on was in a cold climate area, like Alaska. There are some hardcore survivalists that do that. Apparently, walking without shoes toughens the feet, although I don't see the point if shoes are available. I was hiking in the mountains of North Carolina one time, and I saw several people in a wilderness area that had no hiking gear, no shoes on, and homemade survival knives.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:39 PM   #6
neilyoungfan
Member Level 4

Yeah, I got the wilderness survival expert part from the way he was dressed! I would have no problem if he was in the woods without shoes. I go barefoot in the house, on the deck, and out in the yard. However, I draw the line at going to the grocery store like that! You never know what you might step on (or in).
The Following User Says Thank You to neilyoungfan For This Useful Post:
NowVoyager (07-01-2013)
Old 10-03-2008, 03:01 PM   #7
Greta

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilyoungfan View Post
Yeah, I got the wilderness survival expert part from the way he was dressed! I would have no problem if he was in the woods without shoes. I go barefoot in the house, on the deck, and out in the yard. However, I draw the line at going to the grocery store like that! You never know what you might step on (or in).
Yeah, I am surprised the store let him in because some stores have signs saying, "shirt and shoes required". I believe Cody Lundin would be the first to admit that he is a little odd. In fact, I remember seeing an interview where he referred to himself by saying, "there is definitely the weird guy factor". Perhaps spending so much time in the woods causes this. I am reading his book, When All Hell Breaks Loose. I like his lighthearted nature and sense of humor.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:28 AM   #8
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Very good video!!!!!!!

All the stuff he does is quite useful
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
emergency, preparedness, video