This is a recipe from a woman who was a friend of the family when I was a kid. She helped raise me and two of my sisters. We just called her 'Granny'. She was an outstanding cook.
3 cups sifted flour
1-1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup margarine
2 tsp. corn syrup
1 tsp. warm water
grated rind of one large orange
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. ground ginger
- Cream together sugar and margarine in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in egg and corn syrup.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the warm water, then mix in.
- Blend the dry ingredients and orange rind, and mix in.
- Shape the dough into two rolls 3-4" in diameter.
- Chill the dough rolls in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Slice the dough into cookies and place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes.
I hope that works out for you. I would guess that you want to wrap the dough rolls in plastic wrap while chilling them so they do not dry out, but that is just my guess.
* I have the right to live, thus I have the right to defend my life from attackers who would take it from me.
* I have the right to my private property, thus I have the right to defend my property from thieves who would take it from me.
* I have the right to self-determination, thus I have the right to defend my liberty from tyrants who would take it from me.
* The only usable tools for these tasks are guns, and thus I have the right to shoot anyone who would take my guns from me.