Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Main Floor > News > MidEast Turmoil

MidEast Turmoil The world has its eyes on the uprisings in Tunisia, Egypt, Jordan and Syria. TBM has created a special forum for up to the minute news and discussion of rapidly changing events.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:37 PM   #1
leistb
Senior Level 6

Default Jordan's Muslim Brotherhood: Mubarak's Fate "Should Be A Lesson To All Arab Regimes"

Article notes that not even an hour has passed since Mubarak resigned and religious tensions are flaring.
leistb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:40 PM   #2
CanadaSue
SuperModerator

Thanked 3,208 Times in 1,821 Posts
Yup - they've no doubt been 'lining up' from the get go. I'm surprised to see public statements this quickly. Are they just feeling cocky? Or are they really getting their ducks in a row?
Old 02-11-2011, 01:45 PM   #3
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

I think MB is engaging in a carefully orchestrated plan to gain power. I expect to see an ongoing propaganda campaign, large anti-government Islamist demonstrations (probably violent ones to provoke a government reaction), and Hamas terrorist attacks against the government. At the same time, MB will be giving charity to the poor to improve their image. This is pretty much what Hamas did in Palestine before the election there.
* The only usable tools for these tasks are guns, and thus I have the right to shoot anyone who would take my guns from me.
Ought Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:58 PM   #4
Sysiphus
Senior Level 5

MB will have to contend with the military, though. I don't think the military is very pro-MB.
Sysiphus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:16 PM   #5
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

The military is full of MB people. The only questions are, how many, and how highly placed.
* The only usable tools for these tasks are guns, and thus I have the right to shoot anyone who would take my guns from me.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:24 PM   #6
Sonny
Senior Level 4

First up: the Jordan Muslim Brotherhood has immediately taken advantage of a vacated podium and said that what happened in Egypt should be a lesson to all Arabs.

And likewise in Iran, that evil clown Ahmadinejab spoke to cheering crowds of thousands.

TEHRAN — Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Friday that a new Middle East is being carved out that will be free of the United States and Israel, as he backed the revolts rocking the Arab world.

"We will soon see a new Middle East materialising without America and the Zionist regime and there will be no room for world arrogance (the West) in it," Ahmadinejad told the cheering crowds, who gathered despite the cold and cloudy weather. http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...85c89de338.7d1
Sonny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #7
Sysiphus
Senior Level 5

We will soon find out. Historically, the Egyptian military has been pretty professional.
Sysiphus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:29 PM   #8
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

Iran's day is coming as well. We will see what Amadjihadi has to say when the protesters in the streets demand his resignation.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:37 PM   #9
lilly
Senior Level 5

No telling which way the tide will turn. It all depends on the military now. They are in the catbird seat.

The people will expect miracles that no one can bring about.

But Mubaraks billion's have been frozen, so that is something.

Has been a wonder to watch.
lilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brotherhood, fate, jordan, mubarak, muslim