Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Main Floor > Politics

Politics Step up and make your case on all manner of political topics.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:00 PM   #26
Glockd
5.56, faster than 911

What case law Ought?

"When the enemy is in range, so are you!" - Murphy
كافر & Proud
Glockd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:14 PM   #27
jane333
Member Level 4

I say we cut right to the chase.

What about so-called devil worshippers getting their moment in the sun at the local football game? Thirty seconds while the speaker makes a three-fingered trident with his right hand. Should anyone really be required to pretend to respect or acknowledge something that is repugnant to them? Or, in the case of the official who bowed his head, to refrain from agreement?

This is what's wrong with directing prayers, either official or student-sponsored, to one of the Christian gods at a public school event. This is what's ALWAYS been wrong with it.

Last edited by jane333; 09-27-2011 at 10:24 PM.
jane333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:31 PM   #28
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockd View Post
What case law Ought?
http://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/schoo...eals_on_s.html
* The only usable tools for these tasks are guns, and thus I have the right to shoot anyone who would take my guns from me.
Ought Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:03 AM   #29
Auburn Boy
Denizen of the Gold Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane333 View Post
I say we cut right to the chase.

What about so-called devil worshippers getting their moment in the sun at the local football game? Thirty seconds while the speaker makes a three-fingered trident with his right hand. Should anyone really be required to pretend to respect or acknowledge something that is repugnant to them? Or, in the case of the official who bowed his head, to refrain from agreement?

This is what's wrong with directing prayers, either official or student-sponsored, to one of the Christian gods at a public school event. This is what's ALWAYS been wrong with it.
"One of the Christian Gods?" What??? You don't seem to understand MONO-theism.
Can't leave the Siwwy Wabbit behind!!
Auburn Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:57 AM   #30
flourbug
fumbling around in the dark

Thanked 3,017 Times in 1,741 Posts
AB, you know that, in order to convert pagans to a "better" religion, the early Church adopted many of their concepts and traditions and made them their own.

The Christian church claims to be monotheistic. But a rose is a rose is a rose. The Christian church absorbed the pagan concept of a triune (three distinct personalities with the same divine nature) godhead, and assigned the same or similar supernatural powers as "lesser gods" to angels, Saints, and Mary.

When called on the trick (as the pagans did, quite loudly) the Church, through St Augustine, claimed God did not reveal himself totally and immediately at Creation, but our knowledge of Him unfolds slowly. Pagan religions were Man's attempt to explain God. They were not all wrong, but neither were they all right. The story of Jesus is the most perfect explanation. Therefor, what we see in Pagan religions as polytheism, PROPERLY explained, reveals the One True God, his angels, and his Saints.
flourbug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:51 PM   #31
jane333
Member Level 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburn Boy View Post
"One of the Christian Gods?" What??? You don't seem to understand MONO-theism.
Are you sure about that?
jane333 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bow, coaches, district, heads, prayer, school, tells