Captain Luther's Message to Family and Friends
I’d like to share a little information my engineering department has reconstructed using the ship’s trouble call log over the last year.
• In the 12 month period from 15 November 2010 through 15 November 2011, 4054 trouble calls have been placed throughout the entire ship (electrical outlets, doors, leaks, etc.)
• During the same 12 month period, 2,036 of those trouble calls have been associated with heads (i.e., restroom facilities).
• Of the 2,036 trouble calls, 976 have been for commodes and 280 for urinals. The rest are for lighting, ventilation, etc.
• Trouble calls for the heads have been split 51% on the forward loop and 49% on the aft loop.
• Trouble calls for the head mentioned by the blogger include: one (1) each in July, August, and October – all three calls were resolved in less than 24 hours. There were zero (0) trouble calls in September and November. The blogger started commenting on November 7th when every commode in that head was working.
• In each instance, the individual trouble calls were for a single commode within the head. The head has 6 total commodes and 2 urinals. At no time has there been a trouble call for more than a single commode out of service in that particular head.