Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Main Floor > News

News This is the forum where we post hard news and current events. If it is outside the box then that is where it goes. If it is your opinion, please write in the Op/Ed forum.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:36 AM   #26
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samen View Post
The UK has an excellent opportunity to empty its prison system into Falkland Islands, just arm everyone to the teeth and let em loose.

Or they could hire mercenaries, the US is out of their budget at this time but they might afford the Chinese.

Anyway the below link has some pretty interesting speculation on how Falkland Islands could be, if not taken over, at least ground troops delivered and a lot of havoc caused (and 3 interesting links to more of the same).

http://grandlogistics.blogspot.com/2...nds-again.html

Anyway Argentina has close to zero change of pulling anything like this of, and probably would not even try.
All I will say is that their estimation of low level detection distance is laughably wrong.
* The only usable tools for these tasks are guns, and thus I have the right to shoot anyone who would take my guns from me.
Ought Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #27
Potemkin
Omne ignotum pro magnifico

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,166 Posts
Sean Penn isn't happy with the UK.

In case you cared.

'Britain is colonialist, ludicrous and archaic': Sean Penn blasts UK for refusing to hand over Falklands to Argentina

Left-wing U.S. actor said he is 'firmly' on the side of the South Americans
Explosive comments on day he met Argentine President Cristina Kirchner
Tensions between Argentina and UK running high after Prince William's deployment to disputed islands

By Daniel Bates

Last updated at 4:24 PM on 14th February 2012

Sean Penn has branded Britain 'colonialist' for its refusal to hand over the Falkland Islands to Argentina.

The notoriously left-wing actor said that the UK was being 'ludicrous and archaic’ by believing it could hold on to what he called ‘the Malvinas Islands of Argentina’.

Penn, who has no personal connection with the islands at all, added that diplomacy was needed to resolve the issue but that he was firmly on the side of the Argentinians.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Argentina.html

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

From Fark.

Dear Mr. Penn,

Kindly refrain from dictating our foreign policy, and go back to making films. On second thought, please refrain from that also, as you've become a pretentious wanker.

xxxooo

The British

p.s. Kiss our limey arses

© Gregori Potemkin. All rights reserved. But wait . . . fair use allowed and encouraged. Actually, go 'head and publish the whole thing as is. I don't care.
Potemkin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Potemkin For This Useful Post:
proteus (02-14-2012)
Old 02-14-2012, 12:45 PM   #28
Potemkin
Omne ignotum pro magnifico

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brihard View Post
Argentina can suck it. They have zero historical claim to the Falklands. No Argentines have ever lived there. It has never been a possession of Argentina. It was fairly ceded from one nation to another a few times over when such things were the norm, and that's how Britain came to be in possession of them. The Falkland Islanders have voted to remain a British territory.

Any Argentine moves against the Falklands would be, again, aggression in the purest sense.
I case anyone is curious, Wikipedia has a fairly good article on the history of the Falklands.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...lkland_Islands

© Gregori Potemkin. All rights reserved. But wait . . . fair use allowed and encouraged. Actually, go 'head and publish the whole thing as is. I don't care.
Potemkin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Potemkin For This Useful Post:
proteus (02-14-2012)
Old 02-15-2012, 08:44 PM   #29
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-17053609

Falklands tension: Argentina condemns UK MPs visit
* The only usable tools for these tasks are guns, and thus I have the right to shoot anyone who would take my guns from me.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #30
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

'Wake Up and Smell the Flowers', a documentary about the Falklands.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:07 AM   #31
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potemkin View Post
Sean Penn isn't happy with the UK.

In case you cared.

'Britain is colonialist, ludicrous and archaic': Sean Penn blasts UK for refusing to hand over Falklands to Argentina

Left-wing U.S. actor said he is 'firmly' on the side of the South Americans
Explosive comments on day he met Argentine President Cristina Kirchner
Tensions between Argentina and UK running high after Prince William's deployment to disputed islands

By Daniel Bates

Last updated at 4:24 PM on 14th February 2012

Sean Penn has branded Britain 'colonialist' for its refusal to hand over the Falkland Islands to Argentina.

The notoriously left-wing actor said that the UK was being 'ludicrous and archaic’ by believing it could hold on to what he called ‘the Malvinas Islands of Argentina’.

Penn, who has no personal connection with the islands at all, added that diplomacy was needed to resolve the issue but that he was firmly on the side of the Argentinians.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Argentina.html

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

From Fark.

Dear Mr. Penn,

Kindly refrain from dictating our foreign policy, and go back to making films. On second thought, please refrain from that also, as you've become a pretentious wanker.

xxxooo

The British

p.s. Kiss our limey arses
http://en.mercopress.com/2012/02/16/...o-the-mexicans

Sean Penn should return his Malibu estate to the Mexicans
The Following User Says Thank You to Ought Six For This Useful Post:
proteus (02-17-2012)
Old 02-23-2012, 05:02 AM   #32
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

Cristina Kirchner told to leave Falkland Islanders alone, by Argentina's intellectuals

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...llectuals.html
The Following User Says Thank You to Ought Six For This Useful Post:
proteus (02-23-2012)

Tags
argentina, falklands, find, oil, raise, tensions