Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Our Homestead > Preparedness > Armory

Armory Our modern, fully-stocked armory is where enthusiasts gather to discuss shooting and other martial arts, and related subjects.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:44 PM   #1
Potemkin
Omne ignotum pro magnifico

Thanked 1,805 Times in 1,097 Posts
Default Double Barrel 1911

The AF2011-A1

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/201...e-barrel-1911/

© Gregori Potemkin. All rights reserved. But wait . . . fair use allowed and encouraged. Actually, go 'head and publish the whole thing as is. I don't care.
Potemkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:24 PM   #2
dharma
balrog

That may be the silliest damn thing I've ever seen.

Pretty cool, though.
dharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:41 AM   #3
Hamilton Felix
Part Time Good Guy

I'm sure this is impractical in the real world. Probably jams any time either of the two rounds misfires. And I'll bet if you have to ask the price you can't afford it.

But it just BEGS to start in a zombie killer movie or sci-fi action flick.
America has ten times too many police, a hundred times too many citizens unwilling to take responsibility for their own defense and the consequences of their own actions, a thousand times too many politicians who wrongly believe they have the right to tell others how to live their lives, and a million times too many illegal aliens.
Hamilton Felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:35 AM   #4
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

Reminds me of Benjamin Chudnofsky's double Desert Eagle in 'The Green Hornet'.

* The only usable tools for these tasks are guns, and thus I have the right to shoot anyone who would take my guns from me.
Ought Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #5
Brihard
Non-Electric Pop Up Target

Pfft. As if a single one of us wouldn't drop about anything we're doing and giggle with glee if suddeny presented the opportunity to shoot the thing.

Guns don't always have to the most practical thing that can be designed. Fun has it's own merits.

-Thucydides
Brihard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #6
Glockd
5.56, faster than 911

Ill stick to my Glock 21 thank you. That thing is ugly, and that grip probably feels worse than the double stack Para-Ordinance, which I cannot stand to hold.

"When the enemy is in range, so are you!" - Murphy
كافر & Proud
Glockd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #7
Hamilton Felix
Part Time Good Guy

A comment came up on another forum: BATF might class it as full auto if it fires two rounds with one pull of the trigger. Like the movie gun above (which appears to have a normal sized grip with centered magazine to feed two guns mounted side by side) it just looks really outrageous.
America has ten times too many police, a hundred times too many citizens unwilling to take responsibility for their own defense and the consequences of their own actions, a thousand times too many politicians who wrongly believe they have the right to tell others how to live their lives, and a million times too many illegal aliens.
Hamilton Felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #8
Potemkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton Felix View Post
A comment came up on another forum: BATF might class it as full auto if it fires two rounds with one pull of the trigger. Like the movie gun above (which appears to have a normal sized grip with centered magazine to feed two guns mounted side by side) it just looks really outrageous.
I would think probably not.

If a BMF activator and this Gatling gun kit with two 10/22 rifles isn't NFA Act then probably this pistol isn't.
http://www.tacticalinc.com/gatling-gun-kit-p-571.html

© Gregori Potemkin. All rights reserved. But wait . . . fair use allowed and encouraged. Actually, go 'head and publish the whole thing as is. I don't care.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:14 PM   #9
dharma
balrog

The double barrel 10/22—it is not remotely a Gatling gun, of course—fires one round per trigger pull, which is why the ATF allows it. For that matter, a real Gatling gun does the same. If one were to motorize the BMF activator, one would have an automatic weapon—since one "trigger pull" would result in multiple rounds fired.

No, it doesn't make sense, but that's the way they interpret the law.
dharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #10
Potemkin

http://www.guns.com/arsenal-to-impor...how-11525.html

Double-barrel 1911 lands ATF approval, importation to begin next year
Product Announcement 11.27.2012

The ATF has given Arsenal the green light to import their double-barreled, double-everything 1911. Arsenal turned a lot of heads a few months back when they announced their truly unique handgun, the AF2011-A1, but many assumed that the gun would never wind up for sale in the U.S., because it fires two cartridges with one pull of the trigger, making it a machine gun according to federal law.

Arsenal maintained that their double trigger design, and matching pair of sears and hammers, would not raise the hackles of the gatekeepers of the guns, and they were right on the money. From their press release:

"The US Department of Justice, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) has officially granted import permission and sale in the United States of America of the AF2011-A1 Second Century double barrel pistol, with a total score of 120 Points, according to Form 4590.

"Arsenal Firearms Group proudly announces the official distribution to America of the whole line of double barrel firearms and dedicated accessories starting on January the 1st 2013, through the appointed US Importer of Record, Apex International LLC of Middletown, CT and according to a 'Direct Dealer Distribution.'

"The Company wishes to take this opportunity to thank warmly the millions of followers, enthusiasts and supporters in the United States of America and worldwide: they are part of the dream and indeed our main reason to be."

We can't help but be excited about this crazy handgun. Yes, it's ridiculous, we completely agree with that. It's two inches thick and weighs four pounds unloaded. Even with a full set of magazines it's got a capacity of 8+8+1+1 rounds, and it's probably going to cost a cubic foot of money.

Tags
1911, barrel, double