Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Our Homestead > Preparedness > Armory

Armory Our modern, fully-stocked armory is where enthusiasts gather to discuss shooting and other martial arts, and related subjects.

Old 09-21-2011, 09:10 PM   #1
Glockd
5.56, faster than 911

Thanked 1,799 Times in 832 Posts
Default Rules for the Armory

We have grown here at TBM and I have been pondering this post for quite a while now. As the Mod of the Armory, I have a primary duty (as I see it) to protect the good folks that provide us with our little slice of heaven here at TBM. To that end, I feel that there are certain topics that off limits in this forum.

1) Any discussion of illegal modifications to firearms, ie, converting a semi automatic to full automatic, cutting barrels to less than 18 inches for shotguns and 16 inches for rifles in violation of NFA regulations, homemade silencers, etc.

2) The discussion of altering a firearms safety devices (disconnecting a safety) or the discussion of modifications to a firearms trigger mechanism that would produce a "hair trigger".

3) Any discussion of homegrown explosives, no matter the size or intent. I dont care if you want to make your own M-80's, dont talk about it here.

4) Promotion of unsafe acts that, if copied by another may result in injury or death

We may discuss news articles relating to any of the above, of course, I just dont want someone to ask how to turn their propane torch into a tank killing flamethrower. There are websites that offer discussion for these things I am sure. TBM does not need to be one.

"When the enemy is in range, so are you!" - Murphy
كافر & Proud
Glockd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 03:32 PM   #2
Glockd
5.56, faster than 911

Thanked 1,799 Times in 832 Posts
Well, I just realized that I left something out of the above, and need to amend the rules.

Rule #4 (Hey, like how that works, 4 rules for firearms safey, 4 rules for the Armory) concerns the discussion of unsafe or illegal modifications to firearms ammunition. The creation of so-called "dum-dum" rounds, rounds meant to explode on contact (other than the very few commercially available bullets that have been available over the years), using a foreign substance to enhance a rounds lethality, such as mercury tipped bullets, (You are not Chief Brody, and you aint huntin' sharks) or any other type of ammunition alteration that may cause injury or death to the user will not be tolerated.

There is a ton of shit information out there, again, it does not need to be repeated here.

Once again, the discussion of above, as it relates to current or historical events will, of course, be permitted.

We just don't need the other crap here. Enjoy.

"When the enemy is in range, so are you!" - Murphy
كافر & Proud
Glockd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
armory, rules