Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Our Homestead > Preparedness > Armory

Armory Our modern, fully-stocked armory is where enthusiasts gather to discuss shooting and other martial arts, and related subjects.

Old 03-14-2017, 01:55 PM   #1
Potemkin
Omne ignotum pro magnifico

Thanked 5,638 Times in 2,801 Posts
Default Hipocrit Liberals

By that I means people spending all their lives talking down to those that to own weapons taking self protection on.

NOW they understand but forget their past and are like "We good?".

I wonder how many times over the decades groups like Pink Pistols, Dykes on Bike and Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership (JPFO) were mocked? (All advocating forearm ownership and advocating self protection.

More at link http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-38297345

Why US liberals are now buying guns too

By Brian Wheeler*BBC News, Washington DC*
BBC News

Gun ownership has traditionally been associated with the right wing in America but the election of Donald Trump has prompted some left-wingers to join gun clubs - and even start preparing for the collapse of society.
"I really didn't expect to be thinking about purchasing a gun. It was something that my father did and I rolled my eyes at him."

Clara, a 28-year-old nursing student, grew up in the Mid-West, where "the folks that had guns were seen as hicks" or were just "culturally different", she says.

But since the election of Donald Trump in November she has started going to a gun range for the first time and is shopping around for a semi-automatic pistol.

"It's been seeing the way that Trump's election has mobilised a lot of the far right and given them hope," she says, citing a rise in reports of hate crimes and neo-Nazi activity.

As a transgender woman, she does not fear for her personal safety in the Californian city where she now lives but she says she knows people in rural areas "who woke up and found a bunch of swastikas and words like 'faggot' and 'trannie' scrawled all over their building".

She foresees a wide-ranging struggle between the Trump administration and the left over issues such as immigration and racial politics.
But won't buying a gun just increase tensions?

"Things are already escalating and they will continue to do so and me not engaging or being prepared to defend my friends by force... isn't going to stop people from being attacked or harassed," Clara says.

Gun sales in America hit record levels in October amid fears a Hillary Clinton election victory would lead to increased controls.

Many expected the election of Donald Trump, whose candidacy was backed by the National Rifle Association, to bring an end to the panic buying. Shares in gun manufacturers dropped by as much as 18% following his victory.
But instead FBI background checks for gun transactions soared to a new record for a single day - 185,713 - during the Black Friday sales on 25 November, according to gun control news site The Trace.
Old 03-14-2017, 02:15 PM   #2
Sysiphus
Senior Level 6

Thanked 1,828 Times in 1,053 Posts
More "do as I say, not as I do". No big surprise. My wife and I always laugh about how, here in Seattle, the whitest neighborhoods and schools are also the most liberal. Lots of rhetoric about diversity, but when it comes to the major decisions that goes completely out the window.
flourbug (03-15-2017), NowVoyager (03-14-2017)
Old 03-15-2017, 05:18 PM   #3
andy
Senior Level 5

Thanked 1,210 Times in 650 Posts
Lots of spelling errors.....
Old 03-15-2017, 05:34 PM   #4
spinnerholic
Senior Level 3

Thanked 1,434 Times in 418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potemkin View Post
I wonder how many times over the decades groups like Pink Pistols, Dykes on Bike and Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership (JPFO) were mocked? (All advocating forearm ownership and advocating self protection.
I am also a strong advocate of above mentioned "forearm ownership."

Peace on Earth and Goodwill to All.
spinnerholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:24 AM   #5
Exodia
Khan of the Golden Horde

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinnerholic View Post
I am also a strong advocate of above mentioned "forearm ownership."
I in fact own two forearms, and they are with me everywhere I go. Be forewarned.
"Now, mark my words. So long as we are a young and virtuous people, this instrument will bind us together in mutual interests, mutual welfare, and mutual happiness. But when we become old and corrupt, it will bind us no longer" - Alexander Hamilton about the US Constitution.
Exodia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hipocrit, liberals