Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Main Floor > Politics

Politics Step up and make your case on all manner of political topics.

Old 01-02-2017, 08:05 AM   #1
flourbug
Don't wrestle with a pig. The pig enjoys it and you get muddy.

Thanked 10,196 Times in 4,478 Posts
Default Leaked Audio of Secretary Kerry Reveals President Obama Aided Rise of ISIS

Quote:
What the recording reveals is substantive:

♦ First, only regime change, the removal of Bashir Assad, in Syria was the goal for President Obama. This is admitted and outlined by Secretary John Kerry.

♦ Secondly, in order to accomplish this primary goal, the White House was willing to watch the rise of ISIS by placing their bet that ISIS’s success would force Syrian President Bashir Assad to acquiesce toward Obama’s terms and step down.

♦ Thirdly, in order to facilitate the two objectives, Obama and Kerry intentionally gave arms to ISIS and even, arguably, attacked a Syrian government military convoy to stop a strategic attack upon the Islamic extremists killing 80 Syrian soldiers.

Pause for a moment and consider those three points carefully before continuing. Because this audio (below), along with accompanying research now surfacing, not only exposes these three points as truth – but also provides the specific evidence toward them.

The problem in the Obama/Kerry’s secret strategy became clear when ISIS grew in sufficient strength to give the White House optimism for the scheme – however, instead of capitulation Assad then turned to Russia for help.
Quote:
President Obama, Secretary Clinton and later Secretary Kerry, together with John McCain, and the CIA tentacled team within the Republican party, were willing to support ISIS (under all factional names) in order to overthrow Bashir Assad…

…THIS WAS THE POLICY. Nothing else mattered.
https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-rise-of-isis/

I look forward to the reopening of the Benghazi hearings.

JFYI:

18 U.S. Code § 2381 - Treason

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 807; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(2)(J), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2148.)
flourbug is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to flourbug For This Useful Post:
Cactus Az (01-02-2017), dharma (01-02-2017), Dreamweaver (01-02-2017), Glockd (01-02-2017), leistb (01-02-2017), lonfa (01-02-2017), NowVoyager (01-02-2017), Oric (01-02-2017), Ross (01-02-2017), rryan (01-02-2017), Thymeless (01-02-2017)
Old 01-02-2017, 09:27 AM   #2
Ross
Lifetime Member

Thanked 5,746 Times in 2,591 Posts
There are multiple opposition groups in Syria , not just ISIS .

I heard Kerry admit currently helping the opposition but I did
not hear him say they are currently helping ISIS .

I did hear him say the US is currently bombing ISIS .

I think we all new or guessed that the US might have helped
ISIS initially .

It is late at night , I do not want to play that recording again .
Are my comments above correct or did I miss something ?

Thank-you .

“If we don’t believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don’t believe in it at all.” ( Noam Chomsky )

‘you can judge a man’s spirit by the amount of truth he can tolerate.’ .... Nietzsche
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:35 AM   #3
Oric
El Turco

Thanked 2,116 Times in 939 Posts
One may bomb a proxy from time to time for mutual disguise.
Oric is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 02:28 PM   #4
Ross
Lifetime Member

Oric said ...
Quote:
One may bomb a proxy from time to time for mutual disguise.
It is possible the West is not particularly enthusiastic about bombing
ISIS in Syria but I think there is little doubt the West is serious
about fighting ISIS in Iraq .

“If we don’t believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don’t believe in it at all.” ( Noam Chomsky )

‘you can judge a man’s spirit by the amount of truth he can tolerate.’ .... Nietzsche
Old 01-02-2017, 02:57 PM   #5
Sysiphus
Senior Level 6

Thanked 1,759 Times in 1,018 Posts
True this. I would say that when we move against them in Syria, it is mostly to cut off their supply chain and other logistical support for their ops in Iraq. We don't seem too fussed about them in NW Syria and other areas outside of NE Syria. However, that is not the same as supporting them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Oric said ...

It is possible the West is not particularly enthusiastic about bombing
ISIS in Syria but I think there is little doubt the West is serious
about fighting ISIS in Iraq .
Old 01-02-2017, 02:14 PM   #6
Sysiphus
Senior Level 6

This is not news; everyone with half a brain knows we did this. Oric, we are not bombing ISIS now "as a disguise". Frankly, I don't think we have a clue what to do. But propping up ISIS, even tacitly, is not on the agenda and hasn't been for a long time. This morass is yet another example of our complete failure to understand how things work in the Middle East. Russia doesn't understand either, and will get their asses bitten again just like they did in Afghanistan. It is just a question of when, not if. This is what happens to any outsider with big plans in that part of the world.
Old 01-02-2017, 03:08 PM   #7
Oric
El Turco

Thanked 2,116 Times in 939 Posts
I am not saying you are only supporting them

You CREATED Isis as a tool to reshape the region.

How can a force come out of nowhere that can beat two national armies (Iraq & Syria), fight neck & neck with a NATO army (Turkey) without having an airforce, control an area as big as Syria and can only be beaten by Kurdish Peshmerga (this is the funny part) and lose almost 1/3 of their territory to them and still losing ..

Yes you say you focus on Iraq not Syria .. why ?? Isn't the enemy the same in two fronts ? You don't try in Syria because Turkey has already made it impossible for Kurds to advance, now it is time to give them (Kurds) as much as Eastern Syria and rest of ISIS-held Iraq as you can.
Oric is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 05:33 PM   #8
Ross
Lifetime Member

Oric said ...
Quote:
You CREATED Isis as a tool to reshape the region.
When ISIS started they were seen as just another opposition group .
It took some time for them to emerge as a powerhouse of Islamic
extremism and evil .

Need I point out the long history of significant Turkish support for ISIS
with Erdogan obviously heavily involved . Numerous governments share blame .

Old 01-02-2017, 07:08 PM   #9
Sysiphus
Senior Level 6

Quote:
Yes you say you focus on Iraq not Syria .. why ?? Isn't the enemy the same in two fronts ?
Precisely why things are so effed up. The impact of the same group in two different theaters can be completely different, even though they are interrelated. You are asking the US to put idealism ahead of pragmatism; as if Russia, Turkey and Syria would follow suit and do the same. When in the history of the universe has that happened? Someone will have to blink first, and that ain't gonna happen with these four players.

Tags
aided, audio, isis, kerry, leaked, obama, president, reveals, rise, secretary, tbmfp