Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Main Floor > News

News This is the forum where we post hard news and current events. If it is outside the box then that is where it goes. If it is your opinion, please write in the Op/Ed forum.

Old 09-22-2016, 11:02 PM   #26
Antropologo
Skeptically Inquisitive

Thanked 1,009 Times in 401 Posts
Sinister forces are at work trying to subvert the election to their preferred agenda.

The Charlotte riots have led me to make up my mind about where I'll vote this year. NC absentee ballot it is.
Antropologo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 09:03 AM   #27
flowerchild
Senior Level 1

This is about that 33 million and George Soros. It was the charity that gave out the funding, and was doing it before Furgeson even happened, since 1993.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/busin...osferguson.asp
flowerchild is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flowerchild For This Useful Post:
Ross (09-23-2016)
Old 09-23-2016, 09:19 AM   #28
Ross
Lifetime Member

Thanked 5,757 Times in 2,594 Posts
Flowerchild said .
Quote:
It isn't looking too good right now. The police chief just said the tape they have doesn't definitively corroborate with their version of events.
Have you got a link for that , I recall reading he said their were supportive witnesses .

Thanks .

“If we don’t believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don’t believe in it at all.” ( Noam Chomsky )

‘you can judge a man’s spirit by the amount of truth he can tolerate.’ .... Nietzsche
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 09:30 AM   #29
Exodia
Khan of the Golden Horde

Thanked 4,627 Times in 2,099 Posts
I saw a video clip of the chief saying that the video did not clearly show the suspect pointing a gun.

Family has seen the video, and they have changed their tune from "he didn't have no gun" to "we have more questions than answers".
"Now, mark my words. So long as we are a young and virtuous people, this instrument will bind us together in mutual interests, mutual welfare, and mutual happiness. But when we become old and corrupt, it will bind us no longer" - Alexander Hamilton about the US Constitution.
Exodia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 09:32 AM   #30
flowerchild
Senior Level 1

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37445070

Here it is.

Also, NC is a open carry state, he had a legal right to carry.
Ross (09-23-2016)
Old 09-23-2016, 09:50 AM   #31
Exodia
Khan of the Golden Horde

Thanked 4,627 Times in 2,099 Posts
From the article:

Quote:
"The video doesn't give me absolute, definitive, visual evidence that would confirm that a person is pointing a gun," Chief Putney told a news conference.
"I didn't see that in the video that I reviewed."

But he said all of the evidence together backs up "the version of the truth that we gave about the circumstances that happened that led to the death of Mr Scott".

Officers say he was repeatedly told to drop his handgun before he was shot, but his family say he was reading a book as he waited for his son to be dropped off by the school bus.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Open carry or not, when the police tell you to drop it, you drop it.
"Now, mark my words. So long as we are a young and virtuous people, this instrument will bind us together in mutual interests, mutual welfare, and mutual happiness. But when we become old and corrupt, it will bind us no longer" - Alexander Hamilton about the US Constitution.
Exodia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 09:51 AM   #32
Potemkin
Omne ignotum pro magnifico

Thanked 5,511 Times in 2,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodia View Post
I saw a video clip of the chief saying that the video did not clearly show the suspect pointing a gun.

Family has seen the video, and they have changed their tune from "he didn't have no gun" to "we have more questions than answers".
That is why it is never smart to jump to conclusions before the evidence is presented.

Of course LE could be faster, more transparent, etc.

Notice the LE response in Tulsa and lack of problems there.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:10 AM   #33
Ross
Lifetime Member

Thanked 5,757 Times in 2,594 Posts
Video containing a photo apparently taken by a bystander
showing a gun on the ground .

http://bluelivesmatter.blue/proof-ke...ont-scott-gun/

“If we don’t believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don’t believe in it at all.” ( Noam Chomsky )

‘you can judge a man’s spirit by the amount of truth he can tolerate.’ .... Nietzsche

Last edited by Ross; 09-23-2016 at 10:19 AM.
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 10:12 AM   #34
andy
Senior Level 5

Thanked 1,195 Times in 639 Posts
Everything is financed by Soros and the left to increase voter turnout! The math is simple really.

Follow the money!

Normally, I would call for an investigation by the FBI - except I no longer trust them. I think they have been corrupted by the current Administration. Essentially, the FBI have become Democratic Puppets

I never, ever thought I would see the day when local Law Enforcement would not enforce the law, and Federal Law Enforcement became Liberal Stooges.

My Daughter has NO clue what I am talking about. Her reality has been created by the Village that Hillary built with her Rapist Husband Bill. My Daughter blames the White Man for all of Society's ills and for America for destroying the World.

I am damn near ready to give up..... except for what happened last night.....

After working a 15 hour day, I stopped at a local grocery store for a few brews. When I came out and got in the truck, there was a big commotion on the street out front. I drove slowly to the road's edge and saw the s female college student had rear ended an SUV at like 50 MPH. IT WAS A MESS! After a 2-3 minutes of talking to the first responder(female cop), the girl started falling apart. A middle age black woman - who's car I think the student hit, held the white student like her own Daughter. THAT GAVE ME HOPE!!!

LOVE and GRACE will win out. Soros, and the Globalists will fail as will the Hildabeast!

God save the Constitution, leave the rest up to Trump!
Antropologo (09-24-2016)
Old 09-23-2016, 10:14 AM   #35
flowerchild
Senior Level 1

Just another layer to this. He had a traumatic brain injury. When in a high stress situation, with multiple people screaming directions at him, he may have froze up. Brain injuries can interfere with the ability to process information in a situation like this.
Note that I am not making excuses. I agree when told to drop your weapon you drop it. I also read where at least one was a plain clothes officer. If true, that could have added to the confusion.
Ross (09-23-2016)
Old 09-23-2016, 10:17 AM   #36
A.T. Hagan
Your "Crazy Town" reporter

Thanked 6,591 Times in 2,855 Posts
Bit by bit it's all going to come out.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:31 AM   #37
leistb
There's no justice - it's just us

Thanked 2,774 Times in 1,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerchild View Post
Just another layer to this. He had a traumatic brain injury. When in a high stress situation, with multiple people screaming directions at him, he may have froze up. Brain injuries can interfere with the ability to process information in a situation like this.
Aren't you talking about Hillary Clinton?

leistb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to leistb For This Useful Post:
Antropologo (09-24-2016)
Old 09-23-2016, 11:02 AM   #38
flowerchild
Senior Level 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by leistb View Post
Aren't you talking about Hillary Clinton?

LOL
Old 09-23-2016, 12:01 PM   #39
andy
Senior Level 5

Thanked 1,195 Times in 639 Posts
Ok, OK, I got a question for any legal Eagles out there....

We know that 70% of the people arrested were from out of town.

We also know that protesters were bussed in.

We also highly suspect that the protest was partially funded by Soros since he financed the Ferguson activity.

If any of the protesters that were arrested were on Soros's payroll, would he be financially responsible for the hospital bills to the cops and bystanders (Newspeople), and the various burned out buildings as well as loss of business?

Wouldn't he also be responsible for damages to the City's reputation and loss of income to individual businesses?

Just asking....

Old 09-23-2016, 12:10 PM   #40
Sysiphus
Senior Level 6

Thanked 1,768 Times in 1,022 Posts
Employers have vicarious liability for torts such as property damage committed by employees when they are working. But I doubt Soros would be stupid enough to have any direct relationship with these miscreants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Ok, OK, I got a question for any legal Eagles out there....

We know that 70% of the people arrested were from out of town.

We also know that protesters were bussed in.

We also highly suspect that the protest was partially funded by Soros since he financed the Ferguson activity.

If any of the protesters that were arrested were on Soros's payroll, would he be financially responsible for the hospital bills to the cops and bystanders (Newspeople), and the various burned out buildings as well as loss of business?

Wouldn't he also be responsible for damages to the City's reputation and loss of income to individual businesses?

Just asking....

Old 09-23-2016, 01:24 PM   #41
flowerchild
Senior Level 1

The wife came out and taped it. She tried to warn them about his TBI. The police ignored her. The video is contrary to previously posted pictures, that there is a gun by his foot. There was a plain clothes officer right beside his truck. He was taking meds for his TBI.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:44 PM   #42
A.T. Hagan
Your "Crazy Town" reporter

Thanked 6,591 Times in 2,855 Posts
I've looked at the still photos and the video of the newscast in the "Blue Lives Matter" link above.

Whatever that is laying on the ground I can't quite see that it's a gun, though it might be. Doesn't appear to be a book. If the man did in fact have a TBI what was he doing with a gun in the first place? Presuming he actually had one.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:49 PM   #43
flowerchild
Senior Level 1

Apparently he had a pretty serious motorcycle accident last year.
Old 09-23-2016, 02:31 PM   #44
rb.
Climate Change is FAKE NEWS

Thanked 3,986 Times in 1,877 Posts
Did anyone else catch on CNN the other day that he was a convicted felon, having served several years? I heard it once, but haven't heard it since.

flowerchild, was the reported ankle holster to hold his book?
rb. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rb. For This Useful Post:
rryan (09-23-2016)
Old 09-23-2016, 02:40 PM   #45
flowerchild
Senior Level 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb. View Post
Did anyone else catch on CNN the other day that he was a convicted felon, having served several years? I heard it once, but haven't heard it since.

flowerchild, was the reported ankle holster to hold his book?
I haven't heard either of those things. It hasn't even been established he even had a gun yet.
Old 09-23-2016, 02:57 PM   #46
rb.

Quote:
Scott has a criminal record in three states, including Texas, South Carolina and North Carolina. Texas records show that he was convicted of evading arrest with a vehicle in 2005, and several months later of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

In 1992 in South Carolina, records show Scott pleaded guilty to contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Court records also show a misdemeanor assault conviction in North Carolina from 2004.
http://www.wbrc.com/story/33148104/t...lotte-shooting
Old 09-23-2016, 03:17 PM   #47
flowerchild
Senior Level 1

Thanks, I hadn't seen that.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:30 PM   #48
rb.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/22/us...sts/index.html

Quote:
While the public shouldn't expect to see the video, Todd Walther, spokesman for the Charlotte Fraternal Order of Police, told CNN that he viewed the footage, and it demonstrated Scott was "an obvious threat" to police officers. He said Scott can be seen with a gun and ankle holster in the video.

Scott was in a vehicle when police arrived to serve a warrant on another man at an apartment complex, he said. Some of the officers were not in uniform, but they still had vests or jackets that said "police" on the front and back, Walther said.

"He was seated in (the car) when he was approached, but when he exited that vehicle, he was given clear commands to drop the weapon -- and he did not do that," Walther said. "So he was armed when he came out of that vehicle and refused to listen to officers."
At the link is the photo of "the gun" on the ground while officers are over him. It looks like a gun, not a book. Police report no book found at the scene. It was his daughter's online rant that is the source that stated he was just reading a book.

Additionally, I just saw some of the wife's video at her husband not to do that, or something like that. Don't do what? How did SHE know they were cops (apparently), but he didn't?
Old 09-23-2016, 03:39 PM   #49
rb.

Wife's video. Judge for yourself. Note the plain clothes cops are wearing vests. Also note that the wife does not say on video that the cops planted a gun while she watched.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...-keith-n653426
Old 09-23-2016, 03:43 PM   #50
flowerchild
Senior Level 1

She wasn't telling her husband not to do it, I think she was talking to the police. As in, don't shoot him. She tells her husband to get out of the truck
I said he may have been confused about the plain clothes police because of all the things happening with his TBI.

There is a still of the police officer in red picking up a black glove.

Tags
charlotte, tbmfp, trouble