Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Main Floor > Lookout Tower

Lookout Tower ThisBlueMarble's sentinels keep watch in this tower for imminent danger. Threads here contain essential reports or information that Members need to know about NOW.

Old 06-18-2017, 09:01 PM   #1
Brihard
Non-Electric Pop Up Target

Thanked 1,074 Times in 442 Posts
Default London- car ramming, 18 June

Looks like another terrorist car ramming in London, just breaking. Driver in custody, prod a dozen casualties, unclear if fatalities yet. Finsbury Park. Little solid info yet.
Brihard is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brihard For This Useful Post:
A.T. Hagan (06-20-2017), flourbug (06-18-2017), lonfa (06-19-2017), NowVoyager (06-18-2017)
Old 06-18-2017, 09:44 PM   #2
NowVoyager
Senior Level 6

Thanked 8,574 Times in 3,457 Posts
Exclamation Terror Attack outside Mosque in London

Terrorism is terrorism and this is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!

Prayers for those innocent victims and their families.

White van driver ploughs into and hurts at least 10 people outside well-known Finsbury Park Mosque in new London 'terror attack' before Muslims finishing evening prayers tackle suspect to ground

A van ploughed into a crowd on Seven Sisters Road near Finsbury Park Mosque

Muslims leaving late-night prayers being observed for the month of Ramadan

A clean-shaven white man was arrested by police officers at the scene

More than ten pedestrians were hit by a white van driver who veered onto a pavement near a renowned north London mosque, in what is being described as a 'terrorist attack'.

Several people were reportedly hurt after the van ploughed into a crowd outside Finsbury Park Mosque, where hate cleric Abu Hamza once preached, as they finished Ramadan evening prayers called taraweeh.

Eyewitnesses reported seeing bystanders wrestle the suspect to the floor and pin him down until officers arrived.

Emergency service crews were also spotted trying giving cardiac massages to the injured in a desperate bid to save them.

Twitter users claimed the victims were Muslims leaving late-night prayers being observed for the month of Ramadan.

The leader of Finsbury Park mosque, Mohammed Kozbar, told The Sun: 'Whoever did this, he did it to hurt people and it's a terrorist attack.

'We call it a terrorist attack as we called it in Manchester, Westminster and London Bridge.'

He added he heard there had been fatalities but did not want to 'jump to conclusions.'

A Metropolitan Police helicopter was seen circling overhead as photographs posted on social media showed a huge response from the emergency services.

Dozens of police cars and vans cordoned off a large area of the normally bustling thoroughfare as stunned locals gathered at the scene.

Images on Twitter appeared to show a clean-shaven white man with black hair being detained by police officers behind a van, surrounded by a group of shouting onlookers.

The vehicle in question appears to have been rented from a company based in Wales, Pontaclun Van Hire.

A woman named Hajal said her sister witnessed the immediate aftermath of the incident.

She told LBC Radio: 'Everyone was just running everywhere she didn't realise what was going on at first until she people on the floor.

'She ran to see first victim and realised it was a family friend.'

'An old man didn't have a pulse. Police came and took over. She said it could have been an accident.

'At first she thought there was some sort of fight. There were 15 to 20 people hitting somebody - she didn't realise it was the man who ran over the people.

'She said someone was still under the van but he was breathing. The second [more seriously injured] person was family friend who at first said he couldn't feel his legs.'

Another person who lives nearby, Ishmael, told the station: 'I pray there regularly. I'm there right now. There's a very close friend of mine and in a very bad critical condition.

'I hear from the other guys that they just stand there and have a coffee.

'The van drove to there. I had just left the area because I wasn't feeling very well.

'One of my friends witnessed it. He told me the van went through the people standing there. 6 or 7 people, and one Asian guy is definitely dead.

'My friend is in bad critical condition. He was under the van. His head was bleeding.

'Someone took a video of him. Very shocking video. He's got family and a wife.

'The police answered the phone and told me he's alright. But the other friend they don't really know his condition. They're both in ambulances and heading to a London Hospital.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...de-mosque.html

Walt Whitman
NowVoyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:33 AM   #3
doc_jake
Member Level 4

Location: Northumberland, the last county in england before you hit scotland on the east coast.
Bit strange, but at the moment it looks like an old man collapsed and was receiving CPR from bystander when the van ploughed into the crowed who where watching. This is being reported as the person who subsequently died.

This might of course change as more information is released.
doc_jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:09 AM   #4
Brihard

Yup, I saw the same thing reported in a couple of different places, and police are saying the exact cause of his death will form part of the investigation. The PM has already (quite rightly) referred to this as a terror attack. Apparently the imam of the mosque was able to impose restraint on the crowd who were detaining the suspect. The suspect allegedly stated his intent was to 'kill Muslims' while he was being detained.

This is shaping up more and more to be an act of retributive terrorism.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:57 PM   #5
Dietrich
Niche player

It was bound to happen. You can only poke a bear for so long
Dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dietrich For This Useful Post:
rryan (06-20-2017)
Old 06-19-2017, 07:01 PM   #6
Exodia
Khan of the Golden Horde

Thanked 4,756 Times in 2,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brihard View Post
Yup, I saw the same thing reported in a couple of different places, and police are saying the exact cause of his death will form part of the investigation. The PM has already (quite rightly) referred to this as a terror attack. Apparently the imam of the mosque was able to impose restraint on the crowd who were detaining the suspect. The suspect allegedly stated his intent was to 'kill Muslims' while he was being detained.

This is shaping up more and more to be an act of retributive terrorism.
Also shaping up as to be "desired effect accomplished" by the prior attacks.
"Now, mark my words. So long as we are a young and virtuous people, this instrument will bind us together in mutual interests, mutual welfare, and mutual happiness. But when we become old and corrupt, it will bind us no longer" - Alexander Hamilton about the US Constitution.
Exodia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:27 PM   #7
Brihard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodia View Post
Also shaping up as to be "desired effect accomplished" by the prior attacks.
Yup. The earlier attackers are trying to drive that wedge further in. They have done so, enabled by the nationalists and bigots.

Terrorism cannot win unless we, the targets, voluntarily hand them victory. This, and things like bad and oppressive state security legislation, and open and blind bigotry, is what that looks like. This piece of shit is as evil as the radicals on the other side.

Tags
attack, car, june, london, mosque, ramming, terror