Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Health and Medicine > Flu Clinic > Personal Accounts

Personal Accounts From those who've been there: self, family, media

Old 02-23-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
preppiechick
Senior Level 1

Default Pneumonia

(Don't know if this is the place for this, please move if it belongs somewhere else.)

Just a heads up for any parents with sick kids. A senior high school student just passed away today from pneumonia. She had been sick but had gotten better. Unfortunately her kidneys shutdown and she passed away. It's devasting. Good kid,from what I heard, and she was just accepted to an ivy league school, too. (I didn't know her but word spreads fast.) It just surprised me that a young otherwise healthy person could die from this. Please have your kids checked if they're ill. So depressing...
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands now deserves the love and thanks of men and woman. Tyranny like hell is not easily conquered yet we have this consolation with us, the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value."

-Thomas Paine
preppiechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:57 PM   #2
CanadaSue
SuperModerator

Thanked 11,047 Times in 5,057 Posts
It CAN happen - it's catastrophically fast sometimes & must be utterly devestating to families.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:00 PM   #3
Amberglass
Senior Level 3

I was reading on another forum ( I sent the info to you Sue) . A gentleman in Florida got very I'll suddenly. He is so sick he suffered heart attacks. His lungs are full of fluid and a very bad case of pneumonia. The wife was told that he is suffering from 2 strains of flu...one being bird flu.
Amberglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:30 AM   #4
Exodia
Khan of the Golden Horde

Thanked 4,749 Times in 2,138 Posts
Amber, I was reading this thread also, but the person's description of the flu type doesn't make any sense (type AG??). I think we have a nurse with some bad info and a case of whisper down the lane with people not versed in the terminology.
"Now, mark my words. So long as we are a young and virtuous people, this instrument will bind us together in mutual interests, mutual welfare, and mutual happiness. But when we become old and corrupt, it will bind us no longer" - Alexander Hamilton about the US Constitution.
Exodia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:43 AM   #5
CanadaSue
SuperModerator

Thanked 11,047 Times in 5,057 Posts
AG is a type of flu test - yes. Rapid reaction. Bad phone lines, an accent - leading a person to hear first AG, (meaning the test), then when they hear H3, thinking they've again hard AG & thinking it's a flu type.

Heck I've been following that thread too & were I that poster, I'd be worried so sick right now, misunderstandings would be very easy.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:23 AM   #6
Exodia
Khan of the Golden Horde

Thanked 4,749 Times in 2,138 Posts
Agreed. It must be very difficult to have that going on hundred of miles away.
"Now, mark my words. So long as we are a young and virtuous people, this instrument will bind us together in mutual interests, mutual welfare, and mutual happiness. But when we become old and corrupt, it will bind us no longer" - Alexander Hamilton about the US Constitution.
Exodia is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
pneumonia