Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Our Homestead > Within Our Home > Vehicle Maintenance and Repairs

Vehicle Maintenance and Repairs Tips for maintaining your car, boat, and all things mechanical.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #1
Glockd
5.56, faster than 911

Thanked 1,685 Times in 792 Posts
Default Rock Auto - Will Use Again!

On Wednesday, I ordered a Multi-Function Switch for my 05 Avalanche, after the original broke. This unit encompasses the hazard button, blinker arm, cruise control, wiper controls and brights. Removal was 2 small bolts to remove the lower panel below the steering column, removal of the dash trim, removal of the upper and lower covers of the steering column, and then two screws holding the part in place. After that, it was a matter of unplugging 3 connectors on the part and a connector for the cruise control. Not quite the nightmare I envisioned when I first saw the broken arm hanging from the column.

As promised, it arrived today. From opening the box to unveiling to the wife the end result, with everything back together, maybe 30 minutes, maybe a few more.

Of course, none of this has to do with Rock Auto, except that I bought the replacement part from them. I first called the dealership, who wanted $230.00 for the part and approx. $150.00 for install. NEXT!!!

Autozone wanted about $50 less for the part, and of course, they would not install. Now Autozone is my usual go-to for parts, but this time I decided to try looking online. Rock Auto had it to me, by Priority Mail, for $79.45, with a shipping confirmation and tracking number in my e-mail about two hours after I made the purchase.

Anyways, I am happy with the transaction all the way around. Saving money is fine, but saving money, fast shipping and great communication is awesome. Thought I'd pass the experience along.

"When the enemy is in range, so are you!" - Murphy
كافر & Proud
Glockd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
rryan
Deplorable

Thanked 1,384 Times in 642 Posts
I've had great luck with them too

It's still we the people, right?
rryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:29 PM   #3
Twoolf
One more day in the world. Life is good!

Thanked 1,772 Times in 853 Posts
I used them a couple months ago when the resistor pack on my blower went out. Excellent prices, fast shipping. Definitely a recommend for me.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #4
Potemkin
Omne ignotum pro magnifico

Thanked 5,331 Times in 2,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockd View Post
On Wednesday, I ordered a Multi-Function Switch for my 05 Avalanche, after the original broke. .
Everyone knows the 2002 is the best.

Tags
auto, rock