Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Main Floor > News

News This is the forum where we post hard news and current events. If it is outside the box then that is where it goes. If it is your opinion, please write in the Op/Ed forum.

Old 03-06-2017, 10:42 PM   #1
Potemkin
Omne ignotum pro magnifico

Thanked 5,424 Times in 2,715 Posts
Default TSA becoming pervs

"Abnormal" frisking.

Well I guess they won't have a problem filling positions now.

I wonder what the percentage of secondary inspections will be for hot women?

TSA Warns Local Police About Its New Airport Pat-Downs

The U.S. Transportation Security Administration has declined to say exactly where—and how—employees will be touching air travelers as part of the more invasive physical pat-down procedure it recently ordered.

But the agency does expect some passengers to consider the examination unusual. In fact, the TSA decided to inform local police in case anyone calls to report an “abnormal” federal frisking, according to a memo from an airport trade association obtained by Bloomberg News. The physical search, for those selected to have one, is what the agency described as a more “comprehensive” screening, replacing five separate kinds of pat-downs it previously used.

The decision to alert local and airport police raises a question of just how intimate the agency’s employees may get. On its website, the TSA says employees “use the back of the hands for pat-downs over sensitive areas of the body. In limited cases, additional screening involving a sensitive area pat-down with the front of the hand may be needed to determine that a threat does not exist.”

Now security screeners will use the front of their hands on a passenger in a private screening area if one of the prior screening methods indicates the presence of explosives, according to a “security notice” that the Airports Council International-North America (ACI-NA) sent its U.S. members following a March 1 conference call with TSA officials. 1

“Due to this change, TSA asked FSDs [field security directors] to contact airport law enforcement and brief them on the procedures in case they are notified that a passenger believes a [TSA employee] has subjected them to an abnormal screening practice,” ACI wrote. 2

More here https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...port-pat-downs
Old 03-06-2017, 11:35 PM   #2
rb.
Climate Change is FAKE NEWS

Thanked 3,942 Times in 1,865 Posts
Quote:
Now security screeners will use the front of their hands on a passenger in a private screening area if one of the prior screening methods indicates the presence of explosives,
Really? I think they have problems with their "explosives" testing. I've been pulled aside for pat-down at least TWICE in the US, due to "presence of explosives" due to prior screening methods. And my hands were swabbed EVERY FREAKING TIME I went through a US airport, larger than the local "podunk" one. It has continued in Canadian airports (local, international flights, since I've stopped entering the US), which pisses me off, but at least they don't pat me down a la US style. It happens EVERY SINGLE TIME, and has become a running joke in my family that I will get extra scrutiny.

Mexico, Scotland and Ireland have not treated me this way. TSA won't get the chance ever again. They're as bad as the reptilian border guards at land crossings.
rb. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 04:58 AM   #3
Oric
El Turco

Thanked 2,066 Times in 923 Posts
ISIS has attacked Istanbul Airport, they barely made it past the outside gates leading to the ticket sales offices. We also have PKK who attacks civilian targets. Turkish Airlines is a good candidate for a terror attack but yet there are zero incidents. The double screening entering the airport and entering the gates are more than enough, we don't take off our shoes or expose ourselves into z-ray machines and we seldom have pat downs (if we forget the belt or the coins that beeps the machine). The TSA's obsession with security is absurd. We feel it every time we travel to North America.

When do you plan to raise your voice and put an end to this ?
Oric is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pervs, tsa