Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Health and Medicine > Flu Clinic > Personal Accounts

Personal Accounts From those who've been there: self, family, media

Old 11-18-2009, 03:40 PM   #1
MicheleMaBell
Member Level 3

Default Yay I finally got the H1N1 shot! Dh didn't want to go.

I finally went to get the shot, it's the very first day it was offered for us, only a 10 minute line up, then a 15 minute wait, got the needle it didn't hurt, waited 15 minuted then left.

Dh was supposed to go then BUT his friend emailed him this article about how much of a scam H1N1 is, conspiracy governmental theories and everything else and he said he wouldn't go. I pleaded with him to go and he said "oh alright" and went. As he was going down the driveway I said "you'll thank me for this when you aren't on a respirator in ICU this winter honey".

MMB
MicheleMaBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:31 PM   #2
MicheleMaBell
Member Level 3

I have had side affects from the H1N1 vaccine I rcvd yesterday. Very sore arm, starting last night I felt very tired and this morning I woke up feeling horrible,a headache. very tired, nausea as well. Just now starting to feel better.

To make matters worse we saw on the news tonight that a bad batch of vax was used near here but luckily not here. Also a Dr on the news tonight here saying that only high risk people need the vax, we are past the peak etc which I don't believe but still seems like negative press on the vax going on right now.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:03 PM   #3
drummagick
new age airy-fairy hippie

Thanked 2,906 Times in 1,189 Posts
2 of my kinds and I got the vax Tuesday. I was worried because I had a strong reaction to the season vax/pneumovax in October. But I feel fine and don't even have a sore arm.

Sorry you feel bad!
drummagick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:31 PM   #4
MicheleMaBell
Member Level 3

That's good that you didn't have a reaction, most people don't. Could be that I've never had a flu vax before so it was a bit of a shock for my system.
I'm feeling fine now though!
Old 11-20-2009, 06:48 AM   #5
Kassy
Eurothrash

I never get a reaction at all.

Went in for the vaccine Tuesday (waiting in line for a minute, then got the shot and was out in under three minutes).

Have you ever had influenza before? (Just wondering about that shock to the system).
Old 11-20-2009, 07:28 AM   #6
CanadaSue
SuperModerator

Thanked 11,047 Times in 5,057 Posts
I've been hearing about the whole range of possible reactions here save for the most serious. MOST are experiencing a arm slightly more sore than usual. In general, a sore arm, a bit of extra fatigue & yes, sometimes a day of feeling bleah!
Old 11-20-2009, 02:16 PM   #7
oceantoad
Member Level 1

I am scheduled for 11 December to receive my shot.
oceantoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 05:45 PM   #8
MicheleMaBell
Member Level 3

My arm is still a bit sore today but not bad, I only noticed today that I have red around the area of my arm where I got the shot.

Kassy yes I have had the flu before, last year and the year before a very bad case of it, could barely walk to the bathroom. The kids got it first so great that I was able to care for them, then dh got it and just when I was feeling invinsible it hit me like a ton of bricks! Good that I was the last one to get it, dh isn't the most handy in the kitchen to say the least.

Tags
finally, h1n1, shot, yay