Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Main Floor > Economy > Investing for Peak Oil

Investing for Peak Oil Surviving Peak Oil financially is a problem we will all confront sooner or later.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:21 PM   #1
Ought Six
Lifetime Level 3

Arrow Clean Coal Technologies, Inc.

I couple years ago, I bought a small amount of a stock called Clean Coal Technologies, Inc. (OTCOTHER: CCTC) for about two and a half bucks a share. They have patented several coal processes. One is a cleaning burning process for coal that converts low-grade coal into high grade coal, greatly reducing smokestack emissions. There is a test plant for this process being built in Mongolia. Another process stabilizes coal for transport and prevents it from absorbing moisture. They are also into coal-to-liquids technology, creating synthetic fuels and chemical feedstocks from coal.

I was horrified to watch the stock start to plummet in value. By the end, it dropped to two cents a share. I looked into it, and found that the management was widely viewed as grossly incompetent, and there were serious questions about whether the company could even continue operating. But I had a feeling, and the stock was ubercheap, and they still owned all those patents, so I made a small bet. At two cents a share, I upped my holdings to ten thousand shares.

In the last few weeks, the stock suddenly started climbing in value again. It had gone up and down a few times before, so I did not think much about it. But today, I looked and it is over 12¢ a share. At this point, I have recouped my initial losses and more than doubled my original investments. I was wondering why it was going up, so I check it out. It seems that CCTi has entered into a partnership with Jindal Steel & Power, an big Indian multinational. They are building a large facility in Shanxi Province, the largest coal producing area of China. Jindal also has large holdings of high-moisture coal in Indonesia which will benefit from CCTi's coal drying and anti-moisture absorption process.

This may be a worthwhile stock to invest in while it is still cheap. Or it may not. You have to do your own homework. I am merely telling you my experience here. If you sink a bunch of money into it and it goes tits up, do not come crying to me. Weigh the risk and potential rewards, and make your own decision on this.
Ought Six is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clean, coal