Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Main Floor > News > Outside the Box

Outside the Box Not necessarily the news, anything oddball fits in here.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:22 AM   #1
drummagick
new age airy-fairy hippie

Thanked 2,908 Times in 1,190 Posts
Default Bigfoot in the hood?

Note - You have to be a subscriber to read full stories, which is why I am posting the full story and not just a snippet and a link. Admin, please remove post if you have to. This area is at the north end of Wenatchee

Bigfoot researchers study Sunnyslope prints
by Pete O'Cain
Feb. 16, 2017, 6:50 p.m.
Outdoors, Public Safety

SUNNYSLOPE — Paul Graves stands in a field buried in a foot of snow with his legs stretched one in front of the other like some cruel game of Twister. He’s trying to mirror a mysterious set of tracks that recently appeared in Sunnyslope.

Each individual track is about two feet long, a couple inches deep and 4 to 6 feet apart, heel to heel. They stretch for a half-mile in a near perfect single file line from an orchard through a field, into another orchard, across Easy Street and past an irrigation canal.

The way Graves is standing, a stiff breeze may knock him down.

“It’s not a person on snowshoes,” Graves said. “There’s no way that you could keep your snowshoe that in-line and for that far — all the way through that field, perfectly in-line.”

Graves is a Bigfoot researcher, has been for almost 30 years. He’s well-known in the Bigfoot community and was featured in a December 2015 special edition of Newsweek focused on the mythical creature.

Graves and five others, including a Wenatchee World reporter, on Tuesday followed the tracks from Summer Blossom to an irrigation ditch north of Easy Street, where the most prominent prints were found.

The tracks continued further toward a treeline, but the group declined to go further, pending breakfast. Before leaving to eat, Graves filled one with plaster to make a cast of the print.

The prints were discovered by Roy Bianchi, of Rock Island, who found them Monday behind the under-construction Summer Blossom development on Sarah Drive.

“I knew they were Bigfoot tracks,” Bianchi said, a friend of Graves. “I’m a believer.”

Bianchi knocked on Graves’ door at 7:30 a.m. Tuesday to tell him what he’d found. His best guess is that they were made Feb. 9.

Graves said all signs lead to the “big guy.”

“If it was a fake track (the print) would be even,” Graves said. “These show contours of a live foot.”

The tracks aren’t very deep, but he thinks that’s due to a combination of snow or rain accumulation and the snowshoe effect that he says comes with a foot of this size.

“…these Bigfoot prints often are deeper in the ground, but at the same time they have a wider foot to disperse their weight so it all comes down to mathematics and you’d have to figure out the weight of the creature and all that,” Graves said.

Examining a print, he notes what he believes is a heel impression and a midtarsal break behind what would be the ball of the foot.

“You’ve got the shape that’s consistent, you’ve got size that’s consistent, you’ve got stride that is definitely consistent, but … the most is this linear (trackway) through here,” Graves said.

The tracks don’t stagger side-to-side the way human tracks do, but instead are a single column.

Josh Lawrence, a Bigfoot researcher who investigates with Graves, noted that the tracks bear some resemblance to deer postings, but lack indentations from hooves.

“To see zero hooves? It’s weird,” Lawrence said. “There’s not very much other things it could be.”

The state Department of Fish and Wildlife was provided photos of the prints for comment, but did not reply.

Perhaps most bewildering for the group was a segment of tracks in an orchard that maintained four-foot dispersion as they passed directly below waist-high branches. No hairs or broken tree limbs were found.

“How are you that consistent under (branches) this low?” wondered Derek Bianchi, Roy’s son. Adding, “Like, how do you duck under that and not rub your back?”

Dave Hanson owns the company that’s building Summer Blossom and followed along with Graves and others.

“I’m not a Bigfoot believer, but this is really weird,” Hanson said.

drummagick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drummagick For This Useful Post:
blue gecko (02-17-2017), flourbug (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 09:27 AM   #2
drummagick

Almost 20 years ago when I lived in the western foothills of the Cascades, we found some really odd, really big prints in the snow. We also had a Bigfoot researcher come check it out. Actually, it was the guy who did some consulting work for the movie Harry and the Hendersons. So, yeah, I'm a believer. But my thought is, they're extra-dimensional, not of this dimension, although they 'phase in' occasionally. Which is how I figure you could get something like an unbroken line of prints even going under waist high tree branches.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:35 AM   #3
drummagick

I have a very tall friend with very big feet who lives in that neighborhood. He is playing the part of the monster in a production of Young Frankenstein here soon and recently got himself a pair of 'monster boots' for the play. I wonder if he was out for a walk?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drummagick For This Useful Post:
Exodia (02-17-2017), Feather (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 09:45 AM   #4
flourbug
Don't wrestle with a pig. The pig enjoys it and you get muddy.

Thanked 10,542 Times in 4,605 Posts
Rabbit tracks.
flourbug is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flourbug For This Useful Post:
Ross (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 09:52 AM   #5
Ross
Lifetime Member

Thanked 5,888 Times in 2,641 Posts
Bitch . You ruined their day .

Shame on you .

“If we don’t believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don’t believe in it at all.” ( Noam Chomsky )

‘you can judge a man’s spirit by the amount of truth he can tolerate.’ .... Nietzsche
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:52 AM   #6
flourbug

Old 02-17-2017, 09:56 AM   #7
drummagick

In my experience, something big had come down a hill near the garden, crossed the driveway where it left one print in a thin layer of snow in the middle of the driveway, then continued on down a muddy slope, across the runoff creek and up the other side into the woods. There was the one good print in the snow. It was definitely a big, bare foot, toes and all.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:05 AM   #8
Fartacus
Go Cubs Go!

Thanked 3,396 Times in 1,469 Posts
I believe.

The Dude abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners.
Fartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fartacus For This Useful Post:
Feather (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 10:15 AM   #9
drummagick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flourbug View Post
Rabbit tracks.

You think? If I came across those tracks, my first thought would not
have been 'something big and bipedal'.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:34 AM   #10
flourbug

Exactly like that. We don't have Sasquatch in the NorthEast but we do have a lot of rabbits. Rabbits jump from spot to spot, and travel in a straight line like we see in the picture. They land on their front feet. Usually one foot is slightly in front of the other, which can make it look like a big toe. Their chest makes an indentation that looks like the ball of the foot, then they kick off with their back feet, which we also see in the picture. They can also continue under bushes.
The Following User Says Thank You to flourbug For This Useful Post:
drummagick (02-17-2017)

Tags
bigfoot, hood