Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Main Floor > Politics

Politics Step up and make your case on all manner of political topics.

Old 03-05-2017, 05:12 PM   #1
Toner
Hero of Canton

Thanked 2,012 Times in 895 Posts
Default Press coverage of Trump was 88% hostile in first month

Quote:
There was no press honeymoon for President Trump during his first month in office. A meticulous new study by the Media Research Center finds that 88 percent of the broadcast news coverage of Mr. Trump and his team was “hostile” during the first 30 days of office.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...h-of-office-8/

Adopted internet dad of CanadaSue and Key
Toner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 10:48 PM   #2
AndreaCA
one of those hopelessly disorganized people

Thanked 3,119 Times in 1,400 Posts
Wow, that's significantly lower than I thought it was!
Old 03-06-2017, 03:04 AM   #3
rb.
Climate Change is FAKE NEWS

Thanked 3,925 Times in 1,859 Posts
They were just resting up to be able to report fully on his first 100 Days.
rb. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 01:35 PM   #4
Fartacus
Go Cubs Go!

Thanked 3,331 Times in 1,453 Posts
Well, Trumpy,

The Dude abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners.
Fartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:35 PM   #5
rb.

Yes, the MSM must now balance out their pathetic, surreal fawning over Obama for 9 years. You know, the guy who got a Nobel prize for breathing?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rb. For This Useful Post:
AndreaCA (03-06-2017), Cactus Az (03-06-2017), NowVoyager (03-06-2017), Sysiphus (03-06-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 03:28 PM   #6
Fartacus
Go Cubs Go!

I kept a low profile here politically for eight years and didn't retort as you all vented your hemorrhaging spleens about Hitler/Muslim/Communist/Kenyan/Gun-Taker blahdeblahdeblah Obama.

You guys can't take a month of negative press about your precious snowflake without losing your shit.

Please.

Man up.

The Dude abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fartacus For This Useful Post:
Brihard (03-06-2017), freelove (03-08-2017), proteus (03-06-2017), Sysiphus (03-06-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 03:53 PM   #7
proteus
Member Level 4

Gonna be a lot more than a negative month, the "Tangerine Tyrant" hasn't even started yet.........
Old 03-06-2017, 04:06 PM   #8
Dreamweaver
Senior Level 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fartacus View Post
I kept a low profile here politically for eight years and didn't retort as you all vented your hemorrhaging spleens about Hitler/Muslim/Communist/Kenyan/Gun-Taker blahdeblahdeblah Obama.

You guys can't take a month of negative press about your precious snowflake without losing your shit.

Please.

Man up.
This thread is about a hostile press, not hostile TBM members. The MSM and Obama represent the same thing.
NowVoyager (03-06-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 04:08 PM   #9
Brihard
Non-Electric Pop Up Target

Thanked 1,008 Times in 414 Posts
Quote:

Please.

Man up.
Yup, friggin' wait for it. He's barely had the opportunity to start making truly monumental errors yet, he's just had a couple bad court rulings, a few botched appointments, and is in a losing battle with a late night comedy show. That's absolutely nothing. He hasn't had to try to stand up to Russia or China yet, or deal with any significant security incident, or a major domestic or international crisis, or engage in any meaningful diplomacy. If he chooses to keep tweeting targets on his own back, tough shit. he's a big boy, he can handle it.
Brihard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brihard For This Useful Post:
Sysiphus (03-06-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 05:08 PM   #10
dharma
Git it, booger.

Thanked 2,345 Times in 940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fartacus
Hitler/Muslim/Communist/Kenyan/Gun-Taker blahdeblahdeblah Obama.
Yes, you're right, the Hitler part was inaccurate.
dharma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dharma For This Useful Post:
Fartacus (03-06-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 05:26 PM   #11
leistb
There's no justice - it's just us

Thanked 2,699 Times in 1,243 Posts
Quote:

Please.

Man up.
You're still keeping a low profile. Posting juvenile memes and avoiding intelligent discourse isn't what I'd call rising to the occasion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brihard View Post
Yup, friggin' wait for it. He's barely had the opportunity to start making truly monumental errors yet, he's just had a couple bad court rulings, a few botched appointments, and is in a losing battle with a late night comedy show. That's absolutely nothing. He hasn't had to try to stand up to Russia or China yet, or deal with any significant security incident, or a major domestic or international crisis, or engage in any meaningful diplomacy. If he chooses to keep tweeting targets on his own back, tough shit. he's a big boy, he can handle it.
Give me one example where Obama did any of these things and did it well where the rest of the world isn't laughing at us or doesn't view us as inept, weak or irrelevant.

When you support the establishment and its agenda, it's difficult to see the forest for the trees.
leistb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 06:37 PM   #12
Fartacus
Go Cubs Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leistb View Post
You're still keeping a low profile. Posting juvenile memes and avoiding intelligent discourse isn't what I'd call rising to the occasion.
.06? Is that you?

Old 03-06-2017, 06:46 PM   #13
rb.

Quote:

Please.

Man up.
If you can't see that your country's current situation is due more to (ongoing) abuse of power from the last government and admin, than from their MSM lackeys, it explains where your country is currently sitting.

You do realize rule of law is dead in your country, right? It rots from the head down, and that last head was rotten to the core. A lot of that toxic glop still is spattered all over your ruling class, hidden in corners. Bubbling away. Infecting everything.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rb. For This Useful Post:
dharma (03-06-2017), NowVoyager (03-06-2017), Sysiphus (03-06-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 06:52 PM   #14
leistb
There's no justice - it's just us

Thanked 2,699 Times in 1,243 Posts
Quote:
.06? Is that you?
See what I mean? In other threads that don't deal with politics you seem capable of critical thought, articulating said thought and engaging in reasonable discussion. But when it comes to politics, when confronted with facts, you dance, you skirt, you make snide comments or post silly cartoons. It would be fun to engage in an honest debate but you won't do it. Why is that?
leistb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to leistb For This Useful Post:
dharma (03-06-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 07:02 PM   #15
dharma
Git it, booger.

Thanked 2,345 Times in 940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fartacus
.06? Is that you?
C'mon, admit it, you miss the guy.
dharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:37 AM   #16
Fartacus
Go Cubs Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leistb View Post
See what I mean? In other threads that don't deal with politics you seem capable of critical thought, articulating said thought and engaging in reasonable discussion. But when it comes to politics, when confronted with facts, you dance, you skirt, you make snide comments or post silly cartoons. It would be fun to engage in an honest debate but you won't do it. Why is that?
WHo's mind will I change? Why do I want to sit and do the equivalent of

I don't call anyone here names. I crack on Trump and Pence for who they are and what they believe, not you for what you think.

The more reasonable people respond like I'm a retarded child that needs remediation and the less reasonable just call me names. BECAUSE I HOLD A DIFFERENT BELIEF THAN THEY DO.

And then I start getting frustrated with it and end up thinking why do I even bother with this board?

It's a great place, full of genuinely good people (just look at the support threads), but it can be pretty unforgiving when you dare express a different political belief.

And I just don't have the time or energy to devote myself to endless

So I amuse myself here and post things that I enjoy.

Don't expect to drag me into

And that will probably be the last I'll say about that.

MODS: if you want to move this downstairs, I get it.

Last edited by Fartacus; 03-07-2017 at 12:11 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fartacus For This Useful Post:
lonfa (03-08-2017), rryan (03-07-2017), spinnerholic (03-07-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 10:46 AM   #17
Ross
Lifetime Member

Thanked 5,569 Times in 2,523 Posts
I think Fart comes here to enjoy himself as do I .

There is no cause for unpleasantness , especially with somebody like Fart .

Does anybody here really think Trump is perfect , infallible and all knowing .
If not , Fart has not said anything seriously fanciful about him .

As for Obama , even I can see that much of what he did was well
intended even if he was also one of the worst presidents you have
ever had in other ways .

So Fart has defensible arguments whether we like it or not .

Relax guys .

“If we don’t believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don’t believe in it at all.” ( Noam Chomsky )

‘you can judge a man’s spirit by the amount of truth he can tolerate.’ .... Nietzsche

Last edited by Ross; 03-07-2017 at 10:01 PM.
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:04 AM   #18
Exodia
Khan of the Golden Horde

Thanked 4,551 Times in 2,067 Posts
Painting with a broad brush a bit there Fart? Nobody here "lost their shit". There was an article that was posted, which summed up pretty much what anyone with a few neurons has watched unfold over the last month.

Quote:
The more reasonable people respond like I'm a retarded child that needs remediation and the less reasonable just call me names. BECAUSE I HOLD A DIFFERENT BELIEF THAN THEY DO.

And then I start getting frustrated with it and end up thinking why do I even bother with this board?

It's a great place, full of genuinely good people (just look at the support threads), but it can be pretty unforgiving when you dare express a different political belief.
This is a discussion board about current events. I find it strange that you'd be surprised that people want to discuss things. I don't think anyone here really wants an echo chamber, because that doesn't allow anyone to grow. There are a lot of well read people here who do their homework. They expect the same in return from others when they make a statement, accusation, whatever. If someone is going to just regurgitate the talking points of the day, or make some dry-by pot shot, then they should expect some push back on that.
"Now, mark my words. So long as we are a young and virtuous people, this instrument will bind us together in mutual interests, mutual welfare, and mutual happiness. But when we become old and corrupt, it will bind us no longer" - Alexander Hamilton about the US Constitution.
Exodia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 01:18 PM   #19
rb.

Fart, if the MSM would get off their biased bandwagon, they could actually do their jobs and examine his policies and actions that affect your country, and the rest of the world. It's not like "Trump-lovers" love Trump himself, but his anti-establishment (corruption) stance. If they covered him fairly, a lot more people would openly admit to his shortcomings.

MSM is to politically blinded or biased to see that, though.
The Following User Says Thank You to rb. For This Useful Post:
NowVoyager (03-07-2017)

Tags
88%, coverage, hostile, month, press, trump