Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Health and Medicine > Alternative and Survival Medicine

Alternative and Survival Medicine Investigations and discussion into health systems, practices, and products that are not considered part of conventional medicine.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:44 AM   #1
blue gecko
Simplify, Do or Die

Thanked 4,218 Times in 1,742 Posts
Default Earth Grounding

Interesting documentary. I hope you'll watch and discuss your impressions.

Women are Angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible like that
blue gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
Sarrah
Granny has danced 6,809 plus--->

I am sure that is why gardeners down in the dirt feel so good. I always felt great after working in the garden.
NowVoyager (10-26-2013)
Old 10-26-2013, 08:04 PM   #3
Twoolf
Stop the world; I want to throw a few people off.

Thanked 1,819 Times in 880 Posts
I hate shoes. Always have. I do a lot of yard work barefoot, and just about all "me" time is barefoot. Can't say its done me any good, and considering the splinters, sand spurs, the neighbors dog crap, I probably would have been better off with at least flip flops. As for the film, it was an excellent production, some amazing photography, and probably achieved it goal: to draw attention to the film maker, and his town.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:39 AM   #4
blue gecko
Simplify, Do or Die

I've been casually experimenting with this for quite some time now. The apparatus I'm using is a length of extension cord wire with one end stripped and the copper wires folded and twisted to make a 'peg' to be inserted into the ground connection of a household outlet. The ground was tested to be sure it was truly grounded and wasn't hot. The other end of the wire was split and the ends of each split were stripped for about 4 inches and then inserted into a piece of cardboard with a slit on each end making application pads. The wire was exposed on one side of the cardboard and taped to the back side. It was very easy to do and the end result looks like a long wiry "Y".

With the peg end plugged into the ground hole of an outlet, the 'pad' ends are placed against the skin. I started with one in each sock to hold them in place. At first I noticed I felt more relaxed and even sleepy. After a few times (about 20 minute sessions) I noticed a significant reduction in overall body aches and pains plus I slept better at night. I also had very vivid, pleasant dreams.

As a test, I stopped the sessions and within a period of a couple of weeks my body aches began to return and I began to have trouble sleeping. Once I started the sessions again it all went away and I would wake up in the morning feeling good, really good.

Over the last several months I have stopped and started each time with the same results. Then I got busy and because I felt good I just forgot to keep up the sessions. Lately, I've been fighting pain and sleeplessness and last night I happened to see the apparatus and a light went off. After a session once again I slept well and feel better.

Since this hasn't been a true experiment, its hard to say if this is all psychosomatic or real. I just thought I'd share my experience.

Women are Angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible like that
Old 05-10-2014, 11:46 AM   #5
kanuck57
NeverAcceptQuestionAll

Default Earthing

Earthing has caught my interest. Found a kit on Amazon. Have to pound a ground rod ( for a natural ground) through a hole in the basement floor rather than use the house electrical wiring ground.

Amazon

kanuck57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:49 AM   #6
blue gecko
Simplify, Do or Die

I've seen set ups using speaker wire run out a window to the house system ground rod or a separate copper ground rod. Speaker wire is very inexpensive.

Old 05-10-2014, 06:33 PM   #7
andy
Senior Level 5

Thanked 1,215 Times in 652 Posts
I think what you are all saying is interesting. I am curious....

I can talk about grounding..... You want to know about grounding.... yep, I can talk....

First thing..... DO NOT PLUG YOURSELF INTO AN OUTLET UNLESS YOU REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!!!!!!!! And I will tell you why and how.

2-3% of the electrical outlets in the US are miss-wired. Out of the three connections - two could be reversed. The outlet might work fine for 30 years. Then, one day you plug a wire into the "Ground" connection and touch your computer which is plugged in to a different outlet and you get shocked or worse. The solution is supposed to be that you get an electrician to check it out. NOT a handy-man. Another possible solution is to get an "outlet tester" from Home Depot. They run about $10.00.

Some houses have very bad grounds. In the old days, plumbing used to be metal - like copper. Copper is conductive. If the copper pipe in run through the concrete foundation - that should be a great ground (the reason is because the foundation is well connected to the Earth (presuming the foundation is big enough)). If it is suspect, then consider a ground rod. Many new houses have PVC pipes.

You need to clamp your 16 gg or thicker wire to the ground rod. The connection MUST be free of corrosion - and kept that way. Shiny metal to shiny metal. A hose clamp will work. After clamping the wire, you might consider spray painting the connection with clear acrylic paint. This will help prevent rust and oxide (which are poor conductors).

I think Radio Shack might sell a little ground rod. An 8 foot rod might be overkill - it depends on how critical you approach the subject. I talked with a field technician last year that insisted on having his ground rod go under the water table. Not to the water table - under the water. The reason is that a drought might reduce the protection a good ground delivers. I my application, I insist on going just short of the water table. The reason I am critical is because I am trying to reduce "noise". If you look on the back of any good home stereo, you will see a ground screw along with antenna screws. When I was a kid, my friends used to pour 20 pounds of salt into the ground rod hole (do not do this).

a ground theoretically gives you a point of zero voltage relative to the Earth. Everything else including the Earth a short distance away, and the air (etc.) is charged. Your body is filled with different voltages, amperages, and conductive pathways. I study voltages, amperages, and conductive pathways in animals. The fluid your blood flows through is charged. A plant's cells are charged. The fluid and cells are charged oppositely.

I have seen groups of pseudo-techies inject low level audio frequencies into themselves to kill "parasites"?! There are also a bunch of "silver" people who do theing to their body with silver?!

I certainly believe what you are describing is actually occurring. If you go to the grocery store today, you can get the current edition of Yoga magazine. In it, there is a article about the positive affects 30 minutes of daily meditation will have on your body and well being. What you are describing is word for word what you should expect. I plan to start in the morning with 30 minute meditation events every morning. Grounding your body out may or may not be a different issue.

Going further: regardless of what is really going on, there are a few things left to consider. First, if you are going to connect yourself to a wire, make your skin conductive. Salty water of sweaty skin should work. Hospitals use conductive gel. Next, you might be able to cover yourself in an aluminized emergency blanket available from any camping store. Electrically, this would put you inside a Faraday cage. You might consider wearing minimal clothes. And if you sweat - cool - you will just be more conductive.

Just make sure you meditate while you de-energize.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 07:18 PM   #8
rryan
Deplorable

Thanked 1,475 Times in 672 Posts
Good points Andy--except never use a hose clamp for a long term solution. Heavy grounding lugs are not expensive.

Another point about wiring---I have witnessed situations where the following exist and can be bad news"

220 circuits split to make a 110 tail ---if you don't understand why that isn't safe trust me and don't ground yourself to it

two 110 circuits linked from their ends to create 220--which works but electricity is not a one way phenomena

It's still we the people, right?
rryan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rryan For This Useful Post:
Feather (05-10-2014)
Old 05-10-2014, 07:42 PM   #9
blue gecko
Simplify, Do or Die

We tested our outlets to be sure they were correct before we plugged in. Good points Andy!

Tags
earth, grounding