Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Health and Medicine > Alternative and Survival Medicine > Herbarium

Herbarium A place for discussing alternative medicine in all its forms.

Old 06-10-2015, 04:55 PM   #1
drummagick
new age airy-fairy hippie

Thanked 2,831 Times in 1,168 Posts
Arrow Two excellent articles about cannabis

http://reset.me/story/beginners-guid...binoid-system/

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/20...ana/sides-text
drummagick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drummagick For This Useful Post:
Antropologo (06-10-2015), driveshesaid (06-10-2015), Feather (06-10-2015)
Old 06-11-2015, 06:04 AM   #2
andy
Senior Level 5

Thanked 1,195 Times in 639 Posts
A "Friend" blew out a disc a couple of weeks ago. She has been to the emergency room 3 times in 2 weeks and will most likely lose her job in the morning. The pain is unbearable. She can no longer function. If there is no solution, she is primed to discover the end result of Oxy. I hear the Blues go for about $40 on the streets. This is how you actually build an addict.

I had another "friend" with a similar problem resulting from a car accident. She went so far as to inject into her own personal pick lime. She ended up having a baby sitter compliments of the hospital - that is a person who sits in the hospital room to make sure the patient does not abuse the pick line. This is what happens when pain destroys the soul.

Pot is an unusual drug. I have suggested it several times.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:28 AM   #3
drummagick

I don't know how it works for pain smoking it, because I don't like the high. I can tell you it's amazing for muscle spasms used topically.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drummagick For This Useful Post:
AndreaCA (06-11-2015), Feather (06-11-2015)
Old 06-11-2015, 09:36 AM   #4
andy
Senior Level 5

Thanked 1,195 Times in 639 Posts
I am currently curious about the addictive affects of pot. My personal opinion is that it is a simple drug not a Boogie Man. I think that some people would view it as a gate-way drug.

Do NOT tell me that you can not over-dose on pot! What I consider a very small amount would put someone in the hospital. I consider pot dangerous to potentially very dangerous when efficiently taken by the uninitiated.

Pot would cause a lot of very strange behaviors. A lot of psychosis. A lot of very weird stuff. For people who live in a cell phone world filled with distraction - pot can screw you up because it is a powerful drug.

But, seriously, pot has its place. Unlike alcohol, pot can slow you down to a crawl rather than amp you up and turn you into an asshole. The good thing is that pot is like a tranquilizer. The bad thing is that pot is like a tranquilizer.

Hands down, pot has medical and therapeutic uses and should be readily available. It is no more a gate-way drug that sugar or alcohol - and is safer than either of those (in moderation)

On a separate note (and those of you who know me would understand this), I have been asked to design and build a 6-7 foot hookah. I would be looking at spinning an 8" circle needing to put two 150 cm tubes together for the height. I am not sure what to do with the base. It would be a combination of actually being a working hookah (holy shit Batman) and a marketing tool for a head shop (who approached me). Normally, I would not mix any of my efforts with the drug culture as science and drugs make strange bedfellows. However, money is money and a 6-7 foot hookah would run several thousand dollars - and these people have lots of cash (go figure). It just occurred to me that I could commission an art glass guy to do the base and I could blow/turn the actual pipe!!! This way, aside from solving the base issue, it would present a beautiful piece that would be elegant and functional. Essentially, I would be building a 10 liter bioreactor with multiple ports and a heater. Hell, I could put a #7 port on the side and extract samples for a GC mass spec (via a VCT). I like that! It would be a synthesis between the "artistic" glassblower and the Laboratory glassblower. The problem is that lab glass is really dry, and art glass is mostly artistic. A synthesis would be striking! OK, no I am not stones - but.... taking this just ONE step further (picture this), I could make the lower section a fish tank. Sounds fun. No more "Puff-n-Pass". I am really getting into this!!! I could put in a radial port section that is expandable to from 4-28+ ports! Now THATS a party. Now we are probably $5000 to $7000. I love the modularity! It's like "Do you want a party pipe or a sophisticated intimate experience with spiders, or scorpions, or fish, or a disco ball or optical fibers that change colors.....
Feather (06-11-2015)
Old 06-11-2015, 10:46 AM   #5
dharma
Git it, booger.

Thanked 2,411 Times in 970 Posts
Good lord, Andy.
dharma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dharma For This Useful Post:
drummagick (06-11-2015), Mousehound (06-11-2015)
Old 06-11-2015, 11:08 AM   #6
Mousehound
Senior Level 6

Thanked 2,777 Times in 1,239 Posts
I found it had a bad effect on my memory. I'd recommend slowing way down on that andy.

Don't be afraid to be open-minded. Your brain won't fall out.

Calorie Counter
Mousehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 01:11 PM   #7
AndreaCA
one of those hopelessly disorganized people

Thanked 3,201 Times in 1,433 Posts
I found that when I dabbled with pot in my college days I exhaled any and all ambition and drive along with the smoke. It only took two failed classes for me to get my ass in gear and give up that $hit. However, I am seriously looking into the topical benefits of the stuff. I currently smell like drum's alpine balm and if it weren't illegal to ship across state lines, I would totally invest in her upgraded version!
drummagick (06-11-2015), Feather (06-11-2015)
Old 06-11-2015, 04:37 PM   #8
Feather
Secretly laughing at the cat

Thanked 3,599 Times in 1,472 Posts
I've tried smoking for pain relief and it worked for a while. When it stopped working I stopped smoking. I don't like the high of it but really liked the pain relief. It can be additive to some but not to all. It can cause problems for some also. A friend that used to smoke would get high on Saturday morning and then clean her house. No loss of ambition for her. On the other hand when my ex smoked he just wanted to eat. To each there own.
Old 06-11-2015, 04:43 PM   #9
drummagick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCA View Post
I found that when I dabbled with pot in my college days I exhaled any and all ambition and drive along with the smoke. It only took two failed classes for me to get my ass in gear and give up that $hit. However, I am seriously looking into the topical benefits of the stuff. I currently smell like drum's alpine balm and if it weren't illegal to ship across state lines, I would totally invest in her upgraded version!
I have three pain rubs now. Alpine Balm, Alpine Balm Green (same recipe with cannabis added), and CannaGreen Herbal Balm. That last one is basically the Alpine Balm recipe with cannabis, only 2/3 of the menthol, 2/5 of the strong spice oils (clove and cinnamon, I kept the ginger up there because it's such a good anti-inflammatory) and no camphor. I did add in some herbal essential oils that aren't in Alpine Balm such as rosemary, eucalyptus, marjoram, roman chamomile, pine needle and silver fir.

If I wasn't too chicken to ship this stuff this across state lines I could probably afford to stop working 7 days a week except for 1 or 2 days off a month. lol
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drummagick For This Useful Post:
AndreaCA (06-11-2015), driveshesaid (06-16-2015), Feather (06-11-2015)
Old 06-11-2015, 04:52 PM   #10
drummagick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather View Post
I've tried smoking for pain relief and it worked for a while. When it stopped working I stopped smoking. I don't like the high of it but really liked the pain relief. It can be additive to some but not to all. It can cause problems for some also. A friend that used to smoke would get high on Saturday morning and then clean her house. No loss of ambition for her. On the other hand when my ex smoked he just wanted to eat. To each there own.
A lot of how it affects you depends on whether it's an indica strain or a sativa strain. Indicas tend to lay you back and turn you into a couch potato and sativas give you more energy to do things. Then there are hybrids too. All the ganja that's sold here is marked what kind of strain it is and the percentage of TCH and CBD in it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drummagick For This Useful Post:
driveshesaid (06-16-2015), Feather (06-11-2015)
Old 06-11-2015, 04:56 PM   #11
Feather
Secretly laughing at the cat

Thanked 3,599 Times in 1,472 Posts
I think it depends on how much you are smoking also. DIL would get stupid high on the same stuff that I used for pain relief. I just smoked enough to dull the pain and didn't get carried away.

The gal I bought it from buys which ever strain helps her DH with his pain.

I also wish it was legal to ship your new balm. I'd love to try it. Do you think the type of hemp oil they sell at GNC would help when rubbed into the skin?
Old 06-11-2015, 05:38 PM   #12
drummagick

It might if it has a high CBD percentage. I haven't really looked into hemp oil. You can get CBD oil but it's very expensive!
The Following User Says Thank You to drummagick For This Useful Post:
Feather (06-12-2015)
Old 06-11-2015, 05:57 PM   #13
blue gecko
Simplify, Do or Die

Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,723 Posts
Hemp contains all of the CBD's of 'pot' with the exception of THC. It doesn't get you "high". In leaf form is sold for tea and the cold processed oil is high in polyunsaturated fats. It makes a nice salad dressing. From what I understand many of the CBD's are responsible for its health benefits without the high effect.

Women are Angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible like that
blue gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blue gecko For This Useful Post:
drummagick (06-11-2015), Feather (06-12-2015)

Tags
articles, cannabis, excellent