Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Main Floor > News

News This is the forum where we post hard news and current events. If it is outside the box then that is where it goes. If it is your opinion, please write in the Op/Ed forum.

Old 09-26-2016, 08:31 AM   #1
Ross
Lifetime Member

Thanked 5,897 Times in 2,647 Posts
Default Active Shooter Houston .- Sept. 26, 2016

Quote:
As we detailed earlier, an active shooter situation is underway at a supermarket strip mall in southwest Houston. ABC reports at least 7 injured after a black male with a revolver was shooting at vehicles.

Source
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...tion-live-feed

“If we don’t believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don’t believe in it at all.” ( Noam Chomsky )

‘you can judge a man’s spirit by the amount of truth he can tolerate.’ .... Nietzsche
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 08:34 AM   #2
Exodia
Khan of the Golden Horde

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,130 Posts
Quote:
At least seven people have been injured in an active shooter incident in Weslayan in Houston, Texas, local media report. Police say the scene is contained, but residents are asked to avoid the area.
The Houston Police Department has confirmed "an active shooter situation in a shopping center near the corner of Weslayan and Bissonnet in southwest Houston."

Police also tweeted that the active shooter was shot by law enforcers. There are no reports of other suspects at this time.
https://www.rt.com/usa/360633-shooti...njured-active/
"Now, mark my words. So long as we are a young and virtuous people, this instrument will bind us together in mutual interests, mutual welfare, and mutual happiness. But when we become old and corrupt, it will bind us no longer" - Alexander Hamilton about the US Constitution.
Exodia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Exodia For This Useful Post:
Ross (09-26-2016)
Old 09-26-2016, 09:24 AM   #3
flourbug
Don't wrestle with a pig. The pig enjoys it and you get muddy.

Thanked 10,546 Times in 4,606 Posts
These store shootings are happening more often... and I am not so sure all of them are making it into the news. Yesterday I was on FB when a local news agency reported a shooting in a local clothing store. ( https://www.facebook.com/tampabaycom...55219021229838 ) The article said: "A male with a handgun walked into a Ross discount clothing store in north Tampa on Saturday night, shots were fired and he was found dead there by deputies"

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...-fired/2295141

When I clicked back to FB, these were a few of the comments (I removed the individuals names):

Quote:
Multiple shots fired sure doesn't sound like a suicide folks. Betting a citizen with a concealed weapons permit took this guy down but the media doesn't like that narrative so they omit the important details
Quote:
I noticed that this was originally reported specifically as a WHITE male. Now this article fails to ID that. If it was a black guy, would you have mentioned that?

Quote:
Isis..the american version....
(Locals know the store is located on the edge of Tampa's very large ME community and across the street from a mosque.)

Quote:
I was there and it was first 4 shots and then 7-8 more shots and lots of screaming. Never been so afraid! Horrible! Something isn't right about this.
I agree. It doesn't take 11-12 shots to commit suicide. Absolutely NOTHING in the news since this article appeared. The silence is deafening.
flourbug is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flourbug For This Useful Post:
NowVoyager (09-26-2016)
Old 09-26-2016, 11:31 AM   #4
Brihard
Non-Electric Pop Up Target

Thanked 1,073 Times in 441 Posts
Sorta seems like random non-school shootings down there with a deceased suspect are barely newsworthy anymore unless there's still someone on the loose, or a particularly high score. I don't even raise an eye brown anymore when I read 'seven shot, three dead' somewhere in the States, and news coverage seems to seldom extend past 24 hours. It's become normal.
Brihard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 12:48 PM   #5
A.T. Hagan
Your "Crazy Town" reporter

Thanked 6,879 Times in 2,947 Posts
Police kill disgruntled lawyer who 'shot NINE people with a revolver at a Houston strip mall after filling up his Porsche with weapons'
Quote:
Nine people were shot in Houston when a man with a revolver opened fire at a strip mall near Weslayan and Bissonnet streets
Sources say the suspect is Nathan DeSai, a disgruntled lawyer having problems at his firm
Police said additional weapons were found in a Porsche Boxster they believe belongs to DeSai
The gunman was shot by police and later died at the scene
Of the nine wounded, one is in critical condition, another is in serious condition and three people were treated and released
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-revolver.html

A bomb squad has been deployed in Houston
to the scene where six people appeared to have
been shot early Monday. One official with the
Houston Fire Department says ambulances have
transported at least six people to local hospitals.
The suspect, described as a black male, was
reported about 6:30am as firing on vehicles with
a revolver near a strip mall. Police consider the
scene active and have deployed a bomb squad
after a suspicious vehicle was reported near the
scene.
Old 09-26-2016, 06:49 PM   #6
Ross
Lifetime Member

Thanked 5,897 Times in 2,647 Posts
How did a Black shooter become a White Gunman ?

Never mind , I suppose mistakes like that in a high stress situation are
easy to make .

Meanwhile we have ....
Quote:
Leaked FBI Data Reveal 7,700 Terrorist Encounters in USA in One Year;
Border States Most Targeted
Source of Quote and more details here .

“If we don’t believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don’t believe in it at all.” ( Noam Chomsky )

‘you can judge a man’s spirit by the amount of truth he can tolerate.’ .... Nietzsche
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 06:59 PM   #7
flourbug
Don't wrestle with a pig. The pig enjoys it and you get muddy.

Thanked 10,546 Times in 4,606 Posts
I believe DeSai is an Indian name. One of my sister's physicians had the same name. He was quite dark. While the shooter looks to be much paler, it is summertime. A good tan could result in confusion.
flourbug is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flourbug For This Useful Post:
Ross (09-26-2016)
Old 09-26-2016, 08:40 PM   #8
Sysiphus
Senior Level 6

Thanked 1,829 Times in 1,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flourbug View Post
I believe DeSai is an Indian name. One of my sister's physicians had the same name. He was quite dark. While the shooter looks to be much paler, it is summertime. A good tan could result in confusion.
It is. And a high-caste name at that. Known quite a few over the years.

Tags
active, houston, shooter