Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Health and Medicine > Alternative and Survival Medicine

Alternative and Survival Medicine Investigations and discussion into health systems, practices, and products that are not considered part of conventional medicine.

Old 10-24-2016, 07:32 AM   #1
Mousehound
Senior Level 6

Thanked 2,777 Times in 1,239 Posts
Default For High RR and Cholesteral

I haven't tried this yet, but plan on it. It surely can't hurt. There are a number of us with high blood pressure and cholesteral problems on this forum. Together, we should be able to conduct a good testing group.

Quote:
Ingredients

1 grated garlic clove

1 teaspoon of lemon juice

1 piece of grated ginger

1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar

1 teaspoon of organic honey

Preparation

The preparation is simple – just mix all the ingredients and store the mixture in the fridge for 5 days.

Use

After five days, you can take the mixture before breakfast and dinner,but never take it more than three times a day. In only a week, you will feel the results – make a blood test and you will see that your cholesterol levels are down. Your blood pressure should also be normalized.
http://www.myhealthytraining.com/ind...lood-pressure/

Don't be afraid to be open-minded. Your brain won't fall out.

Calorie Counter
Mousehound is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mousehound For This Useful Post:
Feather (10-24-2016), Wojapi (10-24-2016)
Old 10-24-2016, 06:25 PM   #2
Mama Alanna
Eat ALL the cookies!

Thanked 5,071 Times in 1,991 Posts
Lot of questions there, Mouse. How big is "a piece" of ginger? Is that one dose? 2? 5? Can you make a larger batch ahead of time, or does it need to be made fresh with every dose?
Mama Alanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:30 AM   #3
Mousehound
Senior Level 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Alanna View Post
Lot of questions there, Mouse. How big is "a piece" of ginger? Is that one dose? 2? 5? Can you make a larger batch ahead of time, or does it need to be made fresh with every dose?
And there were no answers to be found. None of the ingredients is dangerous, so I wouldn't be worried about getting too large of a dose. Check your blood pressure to see if it is working to establish how much you need IMO. The only thing I would be worried about taking it too often is if you have a sensitive stomach. I plan on making a double batch up today, and going from there.

Calorie Counter
Old 10-25-2016, 06:38 AM   #4
Ter
Voluntary Exile

Thanked 1,934 Times in 676 Posts
I will try it out.
i am a little worried how much such natural remedies interfere or strengthen my usual blood pressure medications.
Ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:26 PM   #5
AndreaCA
one of those hopelessly disorganized people

Thanked 3,203 Times in 1,433 Posts
For high blood pressure, I strongly recommend hibiscus tea:

http://www.drdavidwilliams.com/foods.../#hibiscus_tea
Quote:
Hibiscus Tea

Hibiscus tea has been a traditional remedy for high blood pressure in Iran and other countries around the world. In one study, drinking hibiscus tea for just 12 days reduced systolic pressure by an average 11.7 percent and diastolic pressure by 10.7 percent.

However, this remedy is one that must be used continuously to maintain its positive results. When participants in the same study stopped drinking the tea for just three days, their blood pressure began to creep upward—systolic pressure by 7.9 percent and diastolic pressure by 5.6 percent. I’ve also found this to be true in my own experience.

Look specifically for tea made from Hibiscus sabdariffa. It is generally made from the flowers and fruit of the plant.
http://www.motherearthnews.com/natur...lly-zmgz11zrog

Quote:
Recent studies show that hibiscus tea can lower blood pressure as effectively as some standard hypertension drugs can. Hibiscus is widely consumed around the world as a ruby-colored, lemony beverage (it’s the main ingredient in Red Zinger tea). Hibiscus is safe and, unlike most blood pressure drugs, rarely causes side effects. Plus, hibiscus plants can be grown in much of the United States, so you can actually grow your own blood pressure medicine.

Hibiscus (Hibiscus sabdariffa) has been used to treat high blood pressure in both African and Asian traditional medicine. In 1996, researchers in Nigeria confirmed this age-old wisdom by showing that hibiscus flowers reduced blood pressure in laboratory animals. Soon after, researchers in Iran showed the same benefit in people. After measuring the blood pressure of 54 hypertensive adults, the researchers gave them 10 ounces of either black tea or hibiscus tea for 12 days. Average blood pressure decreased slightly in the black tea group, but decreased a significant 10 percent in the hibiscus group.

Since then, several additional studies have confirmed this effect, including two that tested hibiscus head-to-head against standard blood pressure medications:

Scientists in Mexico gave 75 hypertensive adults either captopril (Capoten; 25 milligrams twice a day) or hibiscus tea (brewed from 10 grams of crushed dried flowers — about 5 teaspoons per 1 to 2 cups water — once a day). After four weeks, the herb had worked as well as the drug, with both groups showing an 11 percent drop in blood pressure.
In another study, the same researchers gave 193 people either lisinopril, (Zestril, Prinivil; 10 milligrams per day) or hibiscus (250 milligrams in the form of a capsule). After four weeks, the herb had worked almost as well as the drug: Blood pressure decreased 15 percent among those on the drug, and 12 percent among those taking hibiscus.
How does hibiscus lower blood pressure? Recent research suggests a combination of reasons: It has diuretic properties, it opens the arteries, and it appears to act as a natural angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor, which means it slows the release of hormones that constrict blood vessels. In addition, hibiscus boosts immune function and provides valuable antioxidants.

Dose recommendations vary from about 1 teaspoon of dried “flowers” (technically, the calyxes surrounding the flowers) per cup of boiling water up to the 5 teaspoons used in one of the Mexican studies. Steep five to 10 minutes. If you have high blood pressure, you should own a home blood pressure monitor. Take readings before different doses and retest an hour later to see what works best for you. Check with your doctor prior to taking hibiscus if you’re currently on medication to lower blood pressure — often a combination of an herb and a lower dose of a pharmaceutical provides the same benefit.
Mousehound (10-26-2016)
Old 10-26-2016, 06:39 AM   #6
Mousehound
Senior Level 6

I really don't like hibiscus tea though...or was it rose hip tea? Usually they are both ingredients in red fruit teas, and I find them too sour. I never sweeten my tea though for health reasons.

Calorie Counter
Old 10-26-2016, 11:30 AM   #7
AndreaCA
one of those hopelessly disorganized people

Thanked 3,203 Times in 1,433 Posts
I usually brew a quart of chamomile hibiscus tea in a quart size canning jar. (4 chamomile tea bags, 1 hibiscus tea bag). I fill it halfway with boiling water and let it steep for 10-15 minutes. Then, I remove the tea bags, stir in a packet of stevia, and fill the remainder of the jar with ice and sparkling water. Since I've quit drinking alcohol to help lower my cholesterol, this has become my nightly cocktail while making dinner.
Hollyberry (11-15-2016), Mousehound (10-27-2016)

Tags
cholesteral, high