Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Health and Medicine > Alternative and Survival Medicine > Herbarium

Herbarium A place for discussing alternative medicine in all its forms.

Old 02-17-2009, 01:50 PM   #1
blue gecko
Simplify, Do or Die

Thanked 4,172 Times in 1,723 Posts
Default 20 Drop Spritz

Several years ago I developed this spritz for use in my Day Spa. It has antimicrobial, antiviral and antifungal properties and is useful for disinfecting phones, shopping carts, hands etc. It can be inhaled, used as a throat spray or for any number of cuts and abrasions:

20 drops each essential oil: Lavender, rosemary, oregano, tea tree, thyme, peppermint, lemon and pine needle (I don't always use the pine needle, it just depends on my tolerance of its odor-what can I say)

Put these in a 1l spritz bottle then fill with water (the purer the better). Shake before using.

I keep a small spritzer of this in my purse to use along with the dropper vial of elderberry for use when I'm spending much time among crowds.

Women are Angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible like that
blue gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blue gecko For This Useful Post:
free ranger (01-09-2013)
Old 01-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #2
blue gecko
Simplify, Do or Die

With flu season looking ominous I thought I'd bump this thread.

Women are Angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible like that
Old 01-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #3
Shadowfane
Texan Emigre`

Your timing is AWESOME. I was just thinking about this....
Old 01-08-2013, 09:53 PM   #4
blue gecko
Simplify, Do or Die

Well it must be that your thoughts connected!! How are you!!! Glad to see you've come by for a rare visit!

Old 01-08-2013, 10:14 PM   #5
Shadowfane
Texan Emigre`

we're good...tryin to commute to TX....not succeeding real well though.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:32 PM   #6
blue gecko
Simplify, Do or Die

That doesn't sound like fun at all. Are you planning to make a permanent move?

Old 01-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #7
Shadowfane
Texan Emigre`

well... the motorhome is down there and we're kinda stuck here...we THOUGHT we were comin back to sell the house...take all of 10 days...contractors didn't even use vaseline on us, and the housing bubble popped while we were gettin house to salable....fought the foreclosure battle, managed to achieve a tie...
Bride got a decent job so we're KINDA stuck this end of the trip....
Old 01-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #8
free ranger
Perception is reality

Thanks bg - that sounds like it would smell lovely too! I blend up some essential oils to defuse in a tealight burner - I use many of those same oils, but I include eucalyptus, orange, clove & cinnamon eo's as well.

One suggestion - you might want to use some grain alcohol in your spritz to help emulsify the solution for spraying...

And I love oregano eo...it is my biggest gun against the flu. When I am around sickies - I try to have a vial of it with me just to sniff and get it into my blood stream that way...or if I start feeling sick - I put 3 drops of oregano eo into an empty gel capsule and take it orally. I have been very successful in mitigating any flu symptoms with oregano. (Oregano eo is very phenolic - that is why I use the capsule.)

HOWEVER - if you have liver problems - I would not suggest ingesting it. I had a friend who did so (I did not know about her liver issues) and she said it was like a pizza exploded inside her. I never had that problem, nor did any of my family. But if you can't take fish oil capsules because of the "fishy" after effects - I would just stick to sniffing the oregano oil...
The Following User Says Thank You to free ranger For This Useful Post:
Auburn Boy (01-10-2013)
Old 01-09-2013, 11:26 AM   #9
blue gecko
Simplify, Do or Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfane View Post
well... the motorhome is down there and we're kinda stuck here...we THOUGHT we were comin back to sell the house...take all of 10 days...contractors didn't even use vaseline on us, and the housing bubble popped while we were gettin house to salable....fought the foreclosure battle, managed to achieve a tie...
Bride got a decent job so we're KINDA stuck this end of the trip....
That stuff happens at the most inconvenient times doesn't it?

Old 01-09-2013, 11:32 AM   #10
blue gecko
Simplify, Do or Die

I use water Free Ranger because the spritz is used as a "mouthwash" or very light nasal spritz (spray in the air and sniff) to get the oils to the nasal passages. I'm afraid grain alcohol would be too harsh. Shaking is no problem. I have used a bit of grain alcohol in my olive oil spritz bottle for use in the kitchen and it works quite well.

A word of caution to folks who don't know, grain alcohol is drinking alcohol like vodka and it and only it should be used in a formula that might be taken internally. Rubbing alcohol is a big no no, the effects of it being taken internally can be devastating.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #11
free ranger
Perception is reality

Oh ok - I was thinking perhaps since your formula was about 8 ml essential oils in 1 liter water, I would substitute about 8 ml of the water for grain alcohol for the emulsification...but yes - as a nasal spray even that might be much.

But I don't think it would hurt as a mouthwash...Listerine contains ethanol which is grain alcohol. (26.9% in the original formula!)
Old 01-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #12
dreamseeer
Member Level 5

Location: Between Ajijic and Chapala on the beautiful Lake Chapala
BG.........

since I was there with you and you gave me the recipe for the 20 Drop Spritz.......I have used it faithfully and still sing the praises of this spray.

I give it as stocking stuffers for Christmas.

I still keep a little bottle in my purse and just yesterday felt a little tickle in my throat after traversing the big box stores under the full bloom of all day chemical trails.

The oils are so intense and so powerful........that after spritzing into my mouth/back of my throat onto both "tonsil" sides of my throat twice that day..........

tickle all gone and no further problem.

I love this stuff and will sing your praises for it always.
dreamseeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:21 PM   #13
blue gecko
Simplify, Do or Die

i've been using it for 15 years or so (hard to believe its been that long) and I can't think of going through a flu season without it. I too, carry a little bottle in my purse for a spritz before and after I am going into a public place. I use it before and after my clients arrive and leave. I use it like you DS when I get a tickle. I'm really glad that its being shared and passed along!

Old 01-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #14
dreamseeer
Member Level 5

Location: Between Ajijic and Chapala on the beautiful Lake Chapala
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue gecko View Post
i've been using it for 15 years or so (hard to believe its been that long) and I can't think of going through a flu season without it. I too, carry a little bottle in my purse for a spritz before and after I am going into a public place. I use it before and after my clients arrive and leave. I use it like you DS when I get a tickle. I'm really glad that its being shared and passed along!
Like you taught me........and I still do it......I spritz it on the shopping cart handles and on the steering wheel of the car and on my hands too.

The only thing I did was I decided to make it more intense/potent and started adding MORE drops so mine is pretty oiled up so to speak.
dreamseeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #15
blue gecko
Simplify, Do or Die

I guess you're making 20 or More Drop Spritz LOL

Tags
drop, spritz