Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Health and Medicine > Medical News

Medical News News, information and discussions about health issues, medicine and biotechnology.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:04 PM   #1
caonacl
the truth is precious

Default Library of Medical Lies

Somebody wants me dead (it's no surprise, I know). Today I received a digested copy of this material. I was tempted to scan it into a digital form so I could post it, but I found it on the interent.

I know it's wild stuff, but I'm posting it in the LAB because the material is being mailed to the public.

This is the link:

http://www.drdavidwilliams.com/legac...ookieSupport=1

What follows is some of the content:
>>>>>>
Quote:
WHY ANIMAL FAT COULD SAVE YOUR EYESIGHT
(And vegetables can
make you blind)
>>>>>>
Quote:
Compared to what’s replacing them,
TRANS FATS ARE
FABULOUS
In fact, some trans fats can slash your heart risk and make you thinner. Plus…
>>>>>>

Quote:
The healing miracle of
NICOTINE…

And what works even better. Makes you smarter right now and nearly immune to Alzheimer’s down the road.

Ever wonder why so many scientists, professors and doctors used to smoke? Well…
Many smokers swear
“It helps me think better”
and it turns out they’re right on the money
In fact, several studies have shown that smokers have significantly lower rates of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
The politically incorrect truth. Nicotine boosts your supply of the critical brain chemical acetylcholine. (That’s why tobacco gives you a mental buzz.) And acetylcholine shortages are strongly linked to Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
View the proof in your own back yard. If you want to see what Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s looks like in fast motion, watch a bug after spraying it with pesticide. Pesticides work by destroying the bug’s production of acetylcholine. (That’s why they also may give you these diseases, so forget the spray—just picture it.) However, I’m not suggesting you smoke, because happily…
Nicotine has an even more powerful cousin…
It’s a nutrient called nicotinic acid, and its brain-boosting powers boggle the mind. It raises your supply of acetylcholine astonishingly. One study tested its effects on 815 people for 4 years (J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 04 Aug;75:1093-1099). Those who consumed the most nicotinic acid were…
80% less likely to get Alzheimer’s. It may also
DRAMATICALLY BOOST YOUR IQ …
Best of all, my recommended dose…
Costs about 3 cents a day. Nicotinic acid is quite safe and excellent for your arteries, too. Full details in your free Library of Medical Lies, where I’ll also provide a list of foods rich in this brain-saver, and the truth about so-called “senile dementia”…
>>>>>>

Quote:
Diabetes triggered by
MINERAL WATER?!
Before you fork out the big bucks for
designer H20…
Consumers Union recently found a substance called bisphenol A (BPA) in 8 out of 10 plastic water jugs tested. Researchers in Spain now confirm that the BPA can leach into the water.
Just one dose does it. In new animal studies, a single dose of BPA caused a rapid increase in insulin levels. After only 4 days, they developed chronic insulin resistance. Next step, diabetes.
Smarter idea. Save your money. In your free library, I’ll show you how to make good old tap water totally safe and free of harmful chemicals, without filtering. Simple trick. Order today.

>>>>>>

Quote:
Why aspirin-a-day may
quadruple your death risk
I first started warning against aspirin therapy back in August of 1986. Over the years, I’ve documented how it can destroy your eyesight, trigger gastric bleeding, and increase your total death risk. Now it looks like I may have been too easy on this dumb idea.
A recent review of 17 different clinical studies shows that many people, especially men, are “aspirin resistant.” If you’re aspirin resistant and embark on aspirin-a-day therapy, you are 4 times likelier to die than your aspirin-sensitive counterparts. And you are twice as likely to have a heart attack or stroke. This means that “preventive” aspirin use has actually caused hundreds of thousands of heart attacks and strokes.
What to do. Find out if you’re aspirin resistant immediately. I’ll show you how in your free library. Better still, start taking one of my safer alternatives. For example, I’ll tell you about a special kind of chocolate that’s now been found to provide identical anti-clotting benefits with none of the downside. (No one has yet been found to be “chocolate resistant.”)
>>>>>>

Quote:
Stop a stroke in its tracks with
A BOTTLE OF WHISKEY
Mimics drug that reduces brain damage 80%</SPAN>
A team of neurologists at the University of Texas has discovered a very unorthodox way to protect the brain from stroke damage. Team leader Dr. James Grotta tells me that alcohol and coffee might be as effective in limiting stroke damage to the brain as some of the drugs now being used in emergency rooms.
Dr. Grotta and his colleagues tested these two common substances on stroke-induced laboratory rats. Alcohol alone made the stroke worse. Caffeine alone didn’t do anything. Yet when the two were combined, the brain was protected from stroke damage. Strange as it sounds, if someone you love suffers from a stroke…

>>>>>>

Last edited by caonacl; 10-07-2008 at 07:50 AM.
caonacl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:13 PM   #2
caonacl
the truth is precious

I scanned the table of contents to prove my claim. How can the FDA allow this to be disseminated through the mailed?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Medical lies.jpg (176.7 KB, 17 views)
Old 10-09-2008, 11:00 AM   #3
LizB
Member Level 3

Actually, a lot of what he says - if you'll read beyond the catchy headlines you quoted - is what nutritionists have been saying for years and/or what alternative practitioners have done a lot of testing on and shown to have value.

Sounds like a good book. I'd be tempted to send for it except that I already know most of it, from cinnamon (the real stuff, not the grocery store stuff) being a big help in controlling blood sugar to sunlight vitamin D being amazing in curing and preventing many kinds of cancer - worked for me when I had a pre-cancer!

P.S. Don't forget the butter. Beats any of the substitutes, with the possible exception of olive oil for your bread. And yes tooth enamel can repair somewhat, I heard that from my dentist years ago!
LizB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 07:50 PM   #4
caonacl
the truth is precious

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizB View Post
Actually, a lot of what he says - if you'll read beyond the catchy headlines you quoted - is what nutritionists have been saying for years and/or what alternative practitioners have done a lot of testing on and shown to have value.....!
The healing miracle of nicotine?!
Old 10-09-2008, 11:25 PM   #5
LizB
Member Level 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by caonacl View Post
The healing miracle of nicotine?!
I admit that's a new one to me, so I googled.

"The same chemical found in cigarettes could be the next big breakthrough for patients with Alzheimer's"
http://www.healthcentral.com/alzheim...-30628-49.html
Watch the video - they are talking about using nicotine in a patch and say the patch is not addictive.

"So striking was the apparent protective effect of smoking on Alzheimer's and Parkinson's that increasingly biomedical researchers are experimenting with nicotine to treat the symptoms of these dread disease in-patients who have been diagnosed as having them. Results from these experiments have all showed promise in alleviating the symptoms of these diseases with the administration of nicotine."
http://www.forces.org/evidence/hamil...r/nicotine.htm

I don't see anyone advocating taking up smoking. Merely saying nicotine may have medical uses.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:58 PM   #6
linttrap
it's time for the Guillotine, again

Thanked 6,622 Times in 2,798 Posts
I've worked with brain injury my entire career--not news to me.

Nicotinic receptor modulation for neuroprotection and enhancement of functional recovery following brain injury or disease
Auteur(s) / Author(s)
PAULY J. R. ; CHARRIEZ C. M. ; GUSEVA M. V. ; SCHEFF S. W. ;
Résumé / Abstract
Despite the well-known adverse health effects of tobacco smoking, numerous studies have shown that nicotine, the principal pharmacologically active alkaloid in tobacco smoke, exerts neuroprotective properties in several animal models of neurodegeneration. Furthermore, cigarette smoking appears to significantly reduce the risk of developing Parkinson's disease in human subjects. We review the animal and human studies that investigated possible neuroprotective actions of nicotine and other nicotinic receptor agonists and antagonists. We demonstrate that nicotine is not neuroprotective in all animal models of neurodegenerative disease. In fact, C57B1/6 mice pretreated with nicotine have an increased sensitivity to 3-nitropropionic acid, a neurotoxin used in mice to mimic some aspects of Huntington's disease. The actions of nicotine on dopamine release may explain the variable effects of nicotine in animal models of Parkinson's and Huntington's diseases. Finally, we focus on some future directions for studies that evaluate neuroprotective properties of nicotinic agonists and antagonists.
Revue / Journal Title
Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences ISSN 0077-8923 CODEN ANYAA9
Source / Source
2004, vol. 1035, pp. 316-334 [19 page(s) (article)]
Langue / Language
Anglais
Editeur / Publisher
Blackwell, Malden, MS, ETATS-UNIS (1877) (Revue)
Localisation / Location
INIST-CNRS, Cote INIST : 600, 35400012937612.0190

“When you hear ‘no immediate danger‘ from nuclear radiation then you should run away as far and as fast as you can.”
-Alexey Yablokov, member of the Russian academy of sciences and adviser to President Gorbachev at the time of Chernobyl
linttrap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:10 AM   #7
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

Dr. Williams is a dedicated naturopathic researcher who travels all over the world to study the herbs and other compounds used as traditional by different cultures. He is well known in the natural medicine community. Now, the big pharmaceutical companies are doing precisely the same thing to find new natural chemicals they can synthesize, patent, and make a lot of money off of.
* The only usable tools for these tasks are guns, and thus I have the right to shoot anyone who would take my guns from me.
Ought Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:56 AM   #8
Ter
Member Level 5

Quote:
Compared to what’s replacing them,
TRANS FATS ARE
FABULOUS
In fact, some trans fats can slash your heart risk and make you thinner

Ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:14 PM   #9
lilly
Senior Level 6

Remember at fluwiki when we were all discussing making tami flu last by drinking your own urine. The kidneys filter everything out and urine is sterile plus you get the benefit of all your hormones and medication that have been filtered as you sleep. Been drunk as long as people have existed for health reasons, as a cure for everything.

Go out and suggest that everyone drink a cup of their own mid flow morning urine, and see people gag.

But people do it and thrive.
lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:25 PM   #10
LizB
Member Level 3

"Compared to what’s replacing them,
TRANS FATS ARE FABULOUS"

Did you miss the "compared to what's replacing them" part? The food industry has been forced to reduce the use of trans fats. Instead of replacing them with healthy fats, they've come out with a fat that's worse than trans fats.

Yes he uses startle wording as headlines, he's trying to catch attention. Read the fine print.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:44 PM   #11
caonacl
the truth is precious

I must admit that this one sound interesting...

The world’s greatest joint supplement is free
I have yet to find any supplement superior to bone broth—the kind grandma used to make by simmering leftover chicken carcasses or beef bones. Bone broth is incredibly rich in hyaluronic acid. Take a full 14 days to read Library of Medical Lies, and you’ll have plenty of time to make my own favorite bone broth recipe, including my secret “kicker”…
How to double the healing power of your bone broth. Simmer some eggshells along with the bones. The membrane lining these shells is rich in hyaluronic acid and other joint-nourishing goodies. And brand-new, pilot studies show that people taking eggshell-membrane supplements experienced…
Substantial pain relief in just 7 days
Now again, you could buy these new “eggshell supplements.” I’m convinced they do work, and I’ll show you how to get them in your free library. But honestly, you can’t do better than just use my broth recipe. It’s easy, delicious, and free. So do RSVP for your free gifts, and you’ll also learn how to…
Old 10-12-2008, 03:49 PM   #12
lilly
Senior Level 6

I've heard this before about the membrane of the egg shell. No one eats that. I know we used to eat soup made with a lot of beef bones too. Eat and gnaw the cartilege off the ends of that and chicken bones, eat the gristle, and the marrow too.

Our mothers did what they learned from their mothers way back when. Guess it will be back to the past in a lot of ways.
lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:08 PM   #13
Brooks
Member Level 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilly View Post
I've heard this before about the membrane of the egg shell. No one eats that.
Not so hard. Let the shells dry completely and then pulverize them in a blender or coffee grinder. It will include the membrane. This is a great source of calcium - calcium carbonate but much more bioavailable than synthetic forms. And free, if you use eggs in your household.
Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
library, lies, medical