Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Main Floor > Politics

Politics Step up and make your case on all manner of political topics.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:04 PM   #1
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow Condom distribution in Provincetown, MA public schools to start as early as first grade

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...m_content=Goog
* The only usable tools for these tasks are guns, and thus I have the right to shoot anyone who would take my guns from me.
Ought Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:51 PM   #2
CanadaSue
SuperModerator

Thanked 2,564 Times in 1,515 Posts
Idiocy IF they're planning on 'distributing condoms' that early but I'm not sure from the srticle that they are.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:45 PM   #3
Cactus Az
Member Level 5

This small town has 1 or 2 6th graders (12 year olds) every year having babies, so this isn`t quite as far fetched as it seems at first glance.

The younger kids would probably find that they make excellant water balloons.
Cactus Az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:06 PM   #4
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

I saw a new report on the idiot box about this story this morning. They are distributing condoms if they are requested by the student from first grade on up. There is no notification of parents, and no way for parents to opt their kids out of the program.
* The only usable tools for these tasks are guns, and thus I have the right to shoot anyone who would take my guns from me.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:17 PM   #5
CanadaSue
SuperModerator

I'm all for sex ed in schools - AGE APPROPRIATE sex ed. Distributing condoms to kids that young is NOT age appropriate.

Ideally, I'd love sex ed to happen at home. That's not going to happen & in many homes inaccurate information is going to be given out which may result in STDs or pregnancy. 'Just Say No' doesn't cut it in an age of raging hormones. Unwanted teen pregnancies isn't a 'modern, culture morally bankrupt' problem. It's always existed & always will. Sex ed is necessary.

But dear Gawd - not consulting parents. not providing them an opportunity to opt out & NOT infomring them if very young folks want birth control is flat out wrong.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:19 PM   #6
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

Agreed. That is just going too far.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:35 PM   #7
kaneohegirl
Transplanted Cali/Hawaii girl...

I think 1st grade is way too young but anything from 5th up would be ok...

sadly I wonder how many of these young ones are getting them for older brothers or sisters that are tooo embarassed to get them themselves
Old 06-24-2010, 03:57 PM   #8
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...uan1gD9GHPHO00

The Governor of Massachusetts is now speaking out against the condom distribution plan, and asking the school board to reconsider it.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:22 PM   #9
CanadaSue
SuperModerator

I'll need to read more recent reports but seems to me parents need to get behind this board wide. Sounds like a very small school board - this shouldn't be difficult.

Tags
condom, distribution, early, grade, provincetown, public, schools, start