Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Our Homestead > Preparedness > Armory

Armory Our modern, fully-stocked armory is where enthusiasts gather to discuss shooting and other martial arts, and related subjects.

Old 08-07-2010, 08:15 PM   #1
DReynolds
irishisasirishdoes

Default Thoughts on the Llama Minimax 9?

A friend of mine who's moving out of state in a week just dropped off a Llama Minimax 9mm handgun and gave it to me as a departure present. Anybody got any experience with the Llama Minimax? Has a nice feel and light weight, seems to be in good shape. Holds 10 rounds+1. Doesn't smell like its been fired lately.
DReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:06 AM   #2
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

http://www.e-gun.net/more.asp?gid=20111&gun=Pistol

http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=2394

A bunch of owner comments here. The reviews are very mixed.
* The only usable tools for these tasks are guns, and thus I have the right to shoot anyone who would take my guns from me.
Ought Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:44 PM   #3
DReynolds
irishisasirishdoes

Just bought a SigSauer P250 9mm. I have two observations:
1) It's amazing how light these modern 9mm handguns are with composite handle. It weights 27 ounces.
2) there's no 3-day waiting period anymore. I was able to buy it on the spot at Academy Sports and leave with it.
DReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:22 PM   #4
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

Sweet! I am not a 9mm fan, but the Sigs are excellent quality weapons. It should serve you well.
* The only usable tools for these tasks are guns, and thus I have the right to shoot anyone who would take my guns from me.
Ought Six is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
llama, minimax, thoughts