Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Our Homestead > Kitchen > Desserts

Old 10-27-2010, 08:22 PM   #1
flourbug
fumbling around in the dark

Thanked 2,669 Times in 1,576 Posts
Default Mini Cupcake Maker

So I am in CVS yesterday and I see this mini cupcake maker for $19 and change (can't remember the exact price) and I think wow, that is a good idea. I never make cupcakes or muffins any more because I end up forcing myself to eat too many before they go stale. Plus there's the mixing bowl, the cupcake pans, the cleanup. Do I REALLY want 2 dozen full size muffins? The answer is usually NO!

But seven minis is just the right amount... a couple of bites for each of us... I could make cornbread, all types of little muffins, stuff them with sweet and savory fillings... and I had visions of petit four like cupcakes dancing in my head. So it came home with me.

It's NICE. Non stick coating. I whipped up a whole cup of batter (Martha White's buttermilk cornmeal, an egg, honey, sugar, butter, salt, baking powder - just winged it) and had enough for 14 minis. They cooked through in 7 minutes and came out nice and puffy and light. The downside is, it didn't come with recipes. So you'll need to modify your favorites.

I told my foodie daughter about it and she said she heard from her friends that it worked really well (unlike all those gadgets we get that DON'T deliver on their promises). So go out and get one, and play.
flourbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:44 PM   #2
Susan4
4ster

Who makes it?
Susan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:53 PM   #3
flourbug
fumbling around in the dark

Thanked 2,669 Times in 1,576 Posts
Mine is American Era but there are at least three other makers that I see online.
flourbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:01 PM   #4
preppiechick
Senior Level 1

Thanks this looks pretty cool! I don't know if any in my house really needs to be able to make muffins that easily, though !! We do like donut muffins, though! I did have to search and found this link, if I can't find FB's deal:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Restaurant...Maker/13032250
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands now deserves the love and thanks of men and woman. Tyranny like hell is not easily conquered yet we have this consolation with us, the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value."

-Thomas Paine
preppiechick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cupcake, maker, mini