Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Main Floor > Politics

Politics Step up and make your case on all manner of political topics.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:58 AM   #1
Lars
berserkergang

Default Obama Supporters Call Sarah Palin A C*nt- Where Is The Media?

October 12, 2008

http://wwwwakeupamericans-spree.blog...palin-cnt.html

Obama Supporters Call Sarah Palin A C*nt- Where Is The Media?

The media has been busy reporting the "anger" of the conservatives at the McCain/Palin rallies, how supporters want McCain to get tougher on Obama and force Obama's terrorist associations into the eyes of the public and how McCain has been forced to "defend" poor little Barack Obama.....but where are the media reports about Obama supporters wearing t-shirts calling Sarah Palin a Cunt?

Have you seen this reported anywhere at all?

Please let me know where and I will add the link as an update.

This picture came to me via email, the email text is below:

I was at a Sarah Palin event in Philadelphia, at the Park Hyatt Hotel - late Saturday afternoon (Oct. 11th). If you are easily grossed out by the "C" word, I am sorry. But as Andrea says below, if McCain supporters wore a shirt that said "Obama is a Nigger" or even "Obama is a Bastard" or "Obama is a Terrorist" at an Obama Rally, they would either be thrown off the premises, have their heads kicked in, or even be detained at the local police station (I know this for a fact: I just had on a McCain button at a recent Obama event and I didn't think I was going to get out alive).

Sorry the picture is not clearer. But these four young people were right in front of the hotel. They have on the nicest shirts. There were worse. There was group as well carrying around a fake dead fetus - exclaiming that "abortion should have been the path for Bristol(?) Palin". And quite a few smoke bombs, etc. etc.

I also had some nice words thrown at me.

There were about 500 organized protesters. And about 500 not so organized at this event. The police and hotel security and secret service were letting me all the way up to the hotel steps. In a few cased ... a few protesters got into the lobby.

In my family, the "C" word is about as bad as you can get.

Was this reported on the Philadelphia News. No!. Was anyone outraged? No!. All that was on the Philadelphia local news last night was: Obama was at several rallies in Philadelphia earlier in the day (but went home Saturday night to be with his children). Obama and Palin were in Philly on the same day. And was there any mention of Palin - No!. In the Sports section of the local evening news at 11:00PM, they did mention that Palin was at the Philadelphia Flyers game "dropping the first (hockey) puck". The guy said it with a smirk. Then he added that Sarah Palin WAS NOT going home to spend the evening with her children.

Sorry the attached picture is not clearer. I need a new camera. Please circulate this to as many people as possible and let them see the double standard.

Not good stuff for a Sunday morning. But this is the REAL AMERICA!.

- Frank (Last name redacted for privacy by WUA management).

A PS from Andrea (last name redacted by WUA):

Calling Sarah Palin a cunt would be the equivalent of a group of protesters calling Obama a nigger. If that ever happened you know we would be seeing it for weeks replayed endlessly with discussions about how the race is still close because Americans are racist.

I wonder what is taking the media so long to report something this obvious?

[Update] More hatred and vitriol from the left via Malkin.

Thanks to Flopping Aces for the link and welcome FA readers!

Welcome Logistics Monster readers as well.

~Ronald Reagan

Last edited by Lars; 10-13-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Lars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:33 AM   #2
rb.
Hey, USA, you're not the boss of me!

Never fear, lars. Fox News has been talking about it this morning, showing a picture of the lovely tee, with the last word pixelated...as well as the guy's face.
rb. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:55 AM   #3
Lars
berserkergang

Where are the Feminists?

~Ronald Reagan
Old 10-13-2008, 10:58 AM   #4
Fartacus
It's like that, is it?

Quote:
In my family, the "C" word is about as bad as you can get.
In John McCain's family, it's a term of endearment for your wife.

The Dude abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners.
Fartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:03 AM   #5
Sonny
Senior Level 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars View Post
Where are the Feminists?
Feminist?? Gee Lars, you haven't even read the cliff notes have you.

“We shouldn’t forget that this is a disease of poverty, of dysfunctional health systems –– and of distrust,”

" For this reason, information, communication and involvement of community leaders are as important as the classical medical approach."

--
Sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:59 AM   #6
Michael
Senior Level 1

And a McCain good old boy supporter said he wanted to kill Obama. Where was the media? They censored his comments for obvious reasons. Does that mean McCain wants to do the same thing???

Same old, same old, same old, same old tactic. Take the worst possible example of the opposition's supporters to stereotype the candidate.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:59 AM   #7
nmp

Obama has millions of supporters, as does McCain/Palin, 4 douchebags in T-shirts do not speak for the campaign or people that support the candidate. Now if Obama was selling the shirts at his rallies or his website you would have something to pretend to get indignant about.

Btw, good to see you back Lars, no one does these posts quite like you.. although not for lack of trying
nmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:04 PM   #8
Teal
Not Active

A guy who lives next door (or maybe down the street, I've forgotten) to a person my aunt ( or maybe it was my cousin) used to know in Cleveland, (or maybe it was Chicago) called Palin a cunt, too. I'm enraged. Where is the media when these outrages happen?

It's a huge left-wing plot to cover up these horrific events. Where is the media when things like this happen? If the press wasn't bought and paid for by the stinkin' left-wing commie pinko fascist 4th estate, we'd get the real news instead of a giant cover-up.

The reporters in Chicago (or maybe Cleveland?) are just left-wing flunkies!
Teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:30 PM   #9
Potemkin
Omne ignotum pro magnifico

Thanked 1,807 Times in 1,099 Posts
Hipocrits are out in force.

If someone wore a "No N*gger in the White House" at a rally certain members would be stroking this all over.

© Gregori Potemkin. All rights reserved. But wait . . . fair use allowed and encouraged. Actually, go 'head and publish the whole thing as is. I don't care.
Potemkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:04 PM   #10
Teal
Not Active

You don't understand the difference in calling someone a c*nt (meaningless insult) and calling someone a n***** (commentary on ethnicity)?

Ummm. Yes you do.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:13 PM   #11
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

T:

You seem to feel that gender bigotry is somehow less offensive than racial bigotry. I think the two terms are equally offensive and hateful. But perhaps I am just more of a feminist than you.

================================================== ==================================

So far as supporters making stupid and obnoxious remarks, you really cannot hold the candidate themselves to account for that, so long as the candidate, their staff and their very close associates are not making those sorts of remarks. And hopefully the candidate will strongly repudiate such statements, as both candidates have done in this election.
* The only usable tools for these tasks are guns, and thus I have the right to shoot anyone who would take my guns from me.
Ought Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:22 PM   #12
Potemkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal View Post
You don't understand the difference in calling someone a c*nt (meaningless insult) and calling someone a n***** (commentary on ethnicity)?

Ummm. Yes you do.

So, if a black conservative were to wear a shirt saying "No N*ggers in the White House" that would be OK? (Since it is a meaningless insult thrown around by some African Americans.)

Do you think the 4 people in the picture below meant it to be a meaningless insult?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SPCunt.JPG (24.0 KB, 15 views)

© Gregori Potemkin. All rights reserved. But wait . . . fair use allowed and encouraged. Actually, go 'head and publish the whole thing as is. I don't care.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:36 PM   #13
lilly
Senior Level 5

I have only been called cunt once and only once in my life by a alkie, who calls many men and women cunts, douche bags and so on.

Considering the way Palin lies over and over again with a big smile, I have begun to regard her as a sociopathic narcissistic woman. My opinion has gone down, down, down, from the first impression as a likeable woman, with an Annie Oakley background, to a dangerous rabble rouser.

Her time as a run up beauty queen and T.V. sports announcer have served her well. Say anything you want. with a big grin and a wink.

Now sociopathic narcissist, is a term that can be applied equally to men, and to women. She will go down in history as a rabble rouser. I only hope violence doesn't break out as a result.

Cunt? that is nothing.

I'll be saying what I think of her as long as she is on the campaign trail, but will shut up once she has been booted back to Alaska.
lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:51 PM   #14
Lars
berserkergang

From the Obama website--

http://74.125.113.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=3&gl=us

~Ronald Reagan
Old 10-13-2008, 02:14 PM   #15
nmp

Lars, I can't find where the profiles are on the actual site but since you are posting a google cache I can only assume that it was taken down. Does Flourbug endorse everything that is posted on this site by you and I?
nmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:15 PM   #16
lilly
Senior Level 5

A t shirt worn by another woman.

Not something I would ever wear, but I would never wear any political phrase in a item I wear.

Perhaps a button, if I genuinely supported a candidate, but I don't like any of the candidates.

I'm only voting for Obama because I find Palin unacceptable on any level in the White House, as VP or as Pres.

I was going to vote for McCain because Obama struck me as wrong, but Palin is like a Elephant in musk, compared to a small pampered dog carried around in Paris Hiltons purse.

I don't see that Flourbug is endorsing ANY of our opinions in the Soapbox. She has her own point of view of the candidates. Just as we do.

I thought that we could do as much, but not attack each other.
lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:22 PM   #17
Hannah
Member Level 1

The C word is not meaningless at all, it is just as hateful and harmful as the N word.
Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:47 PM   #18
Curious
Member Level 4

Now if the person who wrote this is truly as "outraged" as they make themselve out to be why aren't they also taking McCain to task for publicly calling his wife that in front of a bunch of reporters a while back?

Personally since he didn't take BOTH parties to task it seems to my mind that the writer is a Hypocrite with an Agenda to push. ... but of course that would NEVER happen in a political campaign would it?

Last edited by Curious; 10-13-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:33 PM   #19
Fartacus
It's like that, is it?

Where can I get one of those delightful t-shirts?

(cuz you know I've never been called that by a Republican)

The Dude abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners.
Fartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:50 PM   #20
Potemkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious View Post
Now if the person who wrote this is truly as "outraged" as they make themselve out to be why aren't they also taking McCain to task for publicly calling his wife that in front of a bunch of reporters a while back?

Personally since he didn't take BOTH parties to task it seems to my mind that the writer is a Hypocrite with an Agenda to push. ... but of course that would NEVER happen in a political campaign would it?
Because someone writing a book and quote anonymous sources means it is true?

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/McCain...n_92_0407.html
Three reporters from Arizona, on the condition of anonymity, also let me in on another incident involving McCain's intemperateness. In his 1992 Senate bid, McCain was joined on the campaign trail by his wife, Cindy, as well as campaign aide Doug Cole and consultant Wes Gullett. At one point, Cindy playfully twirled McCain's hair and said, 'You're getting a little thin up there.' McCain's face reddened, and he responded, 'At least I don't plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you cunt.' McCain's excuse was that it had been a long day. If elected president of the United States, McCain would have many long days.
Speaking of campaign, did you ever get the read on the "reporter" who asked McCain if he called his wife a c*nt?

Guess what. Marty Parrish was the former campaign office manager for Joe Biden and a HuffPo writer.

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/20...er-huffpo.html

Old 10-13-2008, 06:23 PM   #21
Teal
Not Active

I can't imagine how anyone can think that the totally racist word *NIGGER* is just another ordinary curse-word.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:29 PM   #22
Hannah
Member Level 1

Teal:

Since you quoted my remark about how the c word is not meaningless and you then wrote, "Edited to remove that I called her an Idiot" (which has now been completely removed) I'm assuming that you were referring to me as the idiot. So I'd like to take a moment to explain how the c word is anything but a "meaningless insult."

The c word is an expression of deep contempt and hostility towards women. If you honestly believe it is meaningless, then you clearly cannot understand what it is like to have a complete stranger hiss that word at you as he walks past on the street late at night. You have no idea what it is like to feel the menacing hatred coming from that man who has decided to stop in his tracks, whistle at you, change directions and follow you home. I do know what that is like. There IS a connection between a person's choice of words, spoken when he or she does not have to worry about consequences, and that person's character and intent. In my opinion, using the c word is as deliberate, provacative and hateful as using the n word. And it is not just women who recognise it as a very powerful, vitriolic word. I know if my boyfriend ever heard a man call me or any other woman by that name, that unlucky man would end up in the hospital.

So I’d appreciate it very much if you would refrain from calling me an idiot simply because I happen to have a different opinion on the c word than you do. Rather than being meaningless, it is absolutely full of meaning.

PS - Thank you for comfirming in a PM that yes indeed, you were referring to me as an idiot. Very classy.
Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:30 PM   #23
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

T:
Quote:
" I can't imagine how anyone can think that the totally racist word *NIGGER* is just another ordinary curse-word."
Since nobody said it was, I cannot imagine why you would try to pass off that fraudulent arugment. People said that both "n*gger" and "c*nt" are hateful, offensive, and unacceptable; the very opposite of "just another ordinary curseword".
* The only usable tools for these tasks are guns, and thus I have the right to shoot anyone who would take my guns from me.
Ought Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:32 PM   #24
frodo
Not Active

This is another one of those self pitying Republican rants. Not content with owning and dominating the mainstream media, the Republican party then yells that the commentators are "biased agaiunst Republicans" - it's called having your cake and eating it too.
frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:33 PM   #25
Renegade
Certified Southern Moderator

Not content with owning and dominating the mainstream media

Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
call, cnt, media, obama, palin, sarah, supporters