Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Main Floor > News

News This is the forum where we post hard news and current events. If it is outside the box then that is where it goes. If it is your opinion, please write in the Op/Ed forum.

Old 12-16-2010, 11:36 PM   #1
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow Woman sues McDonald's for using Happy Meal toys to market children

http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2010/12/16/...toying-around/
* The only usable tools for these tasks are guns, and thus I have the right to shoot anyone who would take my guns from me.
Ought Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:49 PM   #2
ob1
Member Level 5

Insidious? Pulllease. What next? Maybe sue all toy manufacturers as well so the little rugrats won't keep pestering us to buy them toys? This is ridiculous and frivolous. In my humble opinion as always.Which is why she'll probably win a settlement and Big Macs will go up 20 cents.

Last edited by ob1; 12-17-2010 at 08:52 AM.
ob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:18 AM   #3
lisa

It's called being a PARENT and saying NO sometimes...
lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:05 AM   #4
flowerchild
Member Level 5

I was channel surfing, I don't even remember which one it was on. But a woman reporter was saying that she was a mother, and as far as she knew little kids weren't working, they didn't have money to buy these meals. It was the parents buying them. She is a parent, and says no if she doesn't want her kids having them.
flowerchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:38 AM   #5
ukmum

lisa, flowerchild I totally agree with you.

Sometimes I think the whole world has gone stark raving mad.
ukmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:53 AM   #6
DReynolds
irishisasirishdoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmum View Post
Sometimes I think the whole world has gone stark raving mad.
A lot of times when we think the world has "gone nuts" in some way, it has. I was just thinking yesterday about how, when I signed a mortgage in the late 1990's, the law said you could only borrow 80% of the house value, but banks somehow got around this by giving an 80% loan and then another 20% loan with another name. And I remember thinking: wait a minute, they just lent me the full value of the house. It made no sense that it was legal, and made no sense that the bank was willing to do it.

And then at closing, I was signing doze'ns and dozens of documents, to make sure nothing could possibly go wrong. Then my lawyer just crosses off a bunch of lines he didn't like in the documents, and the whole thing went thru anyway! It made no sense, since it was a CLOSING. I think my lawyer coulda taken a crap on the documentation that day and it woulda gone thru. It could only have made sense if nobody was really reading the documents, and the whole thing was just for show. I remember thinking: how in the world can this be?
DReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:54 AM   #7
Exodia
Khan of the Golden Horde

Thanked 1,269 Times in 700 Posts
It's called being an adult. Maybe read up on that. Or sue your parents for not equiping you with the skills to navigate life.

Tags
children, happy, market, mcdonald, meal, sues, toys, woman