Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Main Floor > Politics

Politics Step up and make your case on all manner of political topics.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:23 PM   #1
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow U.S. Department of State requires long form birth certificate to apply for passport

http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_5401.html

We all know who the Secretary of State is. I do not think that a requirement like this would have been instituted without her direct knowledge and approval. Lots of interesting possible implications here. Barry O must be positively foaming at the mouth.
* The only usable tools for these tasks are guns, and thus I have the right to shoot anyone who would take my guns from me.
Ought Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:44 PM   #2
penguinzee
Not Indebted

oh great... and I was just getting ready to go get my passport, too, now I've gotta check on this crud... funny part is, I'm going to visit my dad, who lives right across the border in Canada (close enough to see the US on a clear day)... funny how it used to be no problem to cross the border (I've done it hundreds of times) and now they're ready to give you the Gestapo treatment for even THINKING about wanting to travel abroad...

Franc (penguinzee)
Old 04-26-2011, 04:49 PM   #3
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

p:
Quote:
"oh great... and I was just getting ready to go get my passport, too, now I've gotta check on this crud... funny part is, I'm going to visit my dad, who lives right across the border in Canada (close enough to see the US on a clear day)... funny how it used to be no problem to cross the border (I've done it hundreds of times) and now they're ready to give you the Gestapo treatment for even THINKING about wanting to travel abroad..."
Oh, it gets worse if you cannot provide that long form BC....

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/were...-info-demands/
* The only usable tools for these tasks are guns, and thus I have the right to shoot anyone who would take my guns from me.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:44 PM   #4
leistb
Senior Level 6

Capital controls.
leistb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:03 PM   #5
rryan
Where the hell am I?

I let mine expire like an idiot.

Better remember to get it renewed shortly

It's still we the people, right?
rryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:41 PM   #6
Potemkin
Omne ignotum pro magnifico

Thanked 1,818 Times in 1,104 Posts
My and Ms. Pote's passport is always valid.

You never know.

It seem like last year when I had a damaged one replaced, it was an extra pain in the rear.

Not only the birth certificate but a lot of other stuff like DL or CCW.

But you can go to the big Post Offices and they do all the work and seal the package.

Don't wait though, with all of the extra paper, people getting them the times are really long if you go directly to the .gov.

There are some services which can speed things up, they make appointments, but can cost $150 on top of the passport fees.

© Gregori Potemkin. All rights reserved. But wait . . . fair use allowed and encouraged. Actually, go 'head and publish the whole thing as is. I don't care.
Potemkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:16 AM   #7
ob1
Member Level 5

Well shucks...Now I can't travel abroad because I can't seem to find mine. However on the up side I could consider running for POTUS instead.
ob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:25 AM   #8
rb.
Hey, USA, you're not the boss of me!

What's the big deal? I had to get my long form to get my Canadian passport...DD's, as well. Good thing, too. Found out what I'd been using all those years wasn't even a birth certificate...just a certificate from the US airbase hospital I was born in. Used it for everything for 40 years.
rb. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:42 PM   #9
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

I got my passport just before they put RFID chips in them. All the new ones have that now.

Tags
apply, birth, certificate, department, form, long, passport, requires, state