Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Health and Medicine > Medical News

Medical News News, information and discussions about health issues, medicine and biotechnology.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:56 PM   #1
CanadaSue
SuperModerator

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,355 Posts
Post Chronically ill baby boomers clogging doctors’ offices: study

Here we come... & the health care system is NOT prepared for us in Canada. And as aging boomers, far too many of us haven't prepared for the next stages of life by slowly down the excesses & taking better care of ourselves:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...rticle2077745/
Old 06-28-2011, 11:58 PM   #2
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

The 'ME!' generation has some serious self-indulgence issues, and the resulting health problems that go with them.
* The only usable tools for these tasks are guns, and thus I have the right to shoot anyone who would take my guns from me.
Ought Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:04 AM   #3
CanadaSue
SuperModerator

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,355 Posts
... and the article mentions they're 'demanding' - I can well believe it of some of them. Like it or not, sometimes you have to wait your turn (prioritized), even in the best of systems. And under a socialized medical system - nobody is going to get cadillac care.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:45 AM   #4
rb.
Hey, USA, you're not the boss of me!

Agree, Sue. Part of the problem is just the sheer size of the boom bubble. Couple that with average weight gain across the board, and diabetes, and right there we're in a world of hurt with increased visits. Then add in the fact that with every decade of modern medicine, many expect more, and better, results from the medical profession. On top of that, we have the rise of pharmaceuticals to fix all (the numbers on meds for depression, anxiety, or stomach issues is shocking), which of course require visits for monitoring...especially since IMHO most shouldn't be on them. (better long term options, or they just plain don't work for many). Mix it all together....Kaboom.

Passing something to see what's in it is usually called a stool sample.-Internet comment
rb. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:42 PM   #5
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

The demographics bomb has not even begun to explode yet. Watching all these welfare states implode and the 'entitled' start rioting in the streets because they are no longer getting enough free milk from the government teat will interesting..... *cough* Greece *cough*
* The only usable tools for these tasks are guns, and thus I have the right to shoot anyone who would take my guns from me.
Ought Six is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby, boomers, chronically, clogging, doctors’, offices, study