Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Main Floor > News

News This is the forum where we post hard news and current events. If it is outside the box then that is where it goes. If it is your opinion, please write in the Op/Ed forum.

Old 09-21-2011, 01:26 PM   #1
Potemkin
Omne ignotum pro magnifico

Thanked 1,698 Times in 1,047 Posts
Default US war against Britain

Maybe it was pay back for burning the White House in the War of 1812?

http://gizmodo.com/5842415/how-the-u...e-world-war-ii

How the US Planned to Destroy Britain Just a Few Years Before World War II

Invasion of Canada. Bombing raids on British industrial interests. Naval blockade. Chemical weapons. Six million troops fighting on the Eastern seaboard. This wasn't a crazy Nazi plan. It was the United States' strategy to destroy Britain as a world superpower.

It was very real. Its name was War Plan Red. Developed during the 1920s, it was approved by the US Secretary of War and the Secretary of Navy in May 1930. In fact, it was active until Hitler decided to invade Poland with his bloody pal Stalin. The plan wasn't declassified until 1974. Now, a new documentary by Channel 5 America's Planned War On Britain: Revealed, shows how this plan became to be alongside other plans that called for war against Mexico (War Plan Green), Japan (Orange), China (Yellow) and even domestic uprising (White).

© Gregori Potemkin. All rights reserved. But wait . . . fair use allowed and encouraged. Actually, go 'head and publish the whole thing as is. I don't care.
Potemkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #2
Glockd
5.56, faster than 911

Um yep, we plan for war against everybody. Somewhere in there is a plan to fight aliens too. Ill bet we still have a plan to attack Britain should the need somehow arise, just as we have a plan to attack Isreal, France, Russia, etc. etc. etc. Overnight, friends can become enemies.

"When the enemy is in range, so are you!" - Murphy
كافر & Proud
Glockd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:37 PM   #3
Toner
Hero of Canton

We already sent in Celine Dion & Justin Bieber

/you lose

Adopted internet dad of CanadaSue and Key

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Toner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
Glockd
5.56, faster than 911

In fact, we should be disappointed in our planners if there was not a plan for attacking "ANY" nation with the power (nukes) to destroy America. I'll bet the Brits have something similar. And I know they and the Germans discussed the potential problems with the uppity bitch America in the 20's and 30's before Hitler. Young pups sending their so called "Great White Fleet" round the world, those little bastards.

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

Yeah, well we sent Rap music and baggy pants, so we win!

كافر & Proud
Old 09-21-2011, 01:47 PM   #5
Potemkin
Omne ignotum pro magnifico

Thanked 1,698 Times in 1,047 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockd View Post
Um yep, we plan for war against everybody. Somewhere in there is a plan to fight aliens too.
Back in the 1980s the old Omni Magazine had an article about what the Earth governments would do about aliens.

Who would talk to them, committed, scientists, UN treaties, etc.

I remember going to the library and pulling out some of the information.

I know it was before the Internet but I can't find a peep about those things.

Even the UN website which posts everything doesn't have it up.

© Gregori Potemkin. All rights reserved. But wait . . . fair use allowed and encouraged. Actually, go 'head and publish the whole thing as is. I don't care.
Potemkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:00 PM   #6
Catbird
Senior Level 4

Thanked 1,272 Times in 697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potemkin View Post
Back in the 1980s the old Omni Magazine had an article about what the Earth governments would do about aliens.
I used to read Omni and I think I remember that. I'll have to do some digging and see if I can find anything.

We need a smilie thingie for "blast from the past".
Old 09-21-2011, 02:00 PM   #7
rryan
Where the hell am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potemkin View Post

Who would talk to them, committed, scientists, UN treaties, etc.

I remember going to the library and pulling out some of the information.

I know it was before the Internet but I can't find a peep about those things.

Even the UN website which posts everything doesn't have it up.

I vaguely remember some of that. If you find it let me know.

It's still we the people, right?
rryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:10 PM   #8
Sysiphus
Senior Level 5

The Rainbow Plans have been around along time, and like Glock I am sure we still have many of them.
Sysiphus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:12 PM   #9
Sonny
Senior Level 4

The War of 1812 is a favorite of mine. Andrew Jackson at the Battle of New Orleans, siege of Fort McHenry and Battle of Baltimore, and maybe most impressive was during the sacking and burned of Washington DC by Gen Ross's troops, The Hand of all mighty God, manifest as a Tornado, smites the English inflicting more casualties than the actual battle with the Americans.

Sonny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:19 PM   #10
Glockd
5.56, faster than 911

There is a line in the movie "Independence Day" where a news reporter says that the "LAPD is urging Los Angelenos (sp) not to fire their guns at the alien spacecraft" and it got me to thinking: You know no matter why the Aliens came to earth, some dumbass is going to shoot at them. Some out of fear, some just because, some because of "anal probing" (I'm just saying, there are some folks that either believe it happened to them or fear that their next - or because they weren't picked) and some redneck just because they aint had fried alien yet, and wonder what it tastes like.

I figure we are probably screwed, one way or another.

كافر & Proud
Old 09-21-2011, 03:21 PM   #11
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockd View Post
There is a line in the movie "Independence Day" where a news reporter says that the "LAPD is urging Los Angelenos (sp) not to fire their guns at the alien spacecraft" and it got me to thinking: You know no matter why the Aliens came to earth, some dumbass is going to shoot at them. Some out of fear, some just because, some because of "anal probing" (I'm just saying, there are some folks that either believe it happened to them or fear that their next - or because they weren't picked) and some redneck just because they aint had fried alien yet, and wonder what it tastes like.

I figure we are probably screwed, one way or another.
Some science fiction writer; do not remember who; said that the moment our technology reaches the point that any dumbass can build a directed energy weapon at their kitchen table, mankind is done. I would change that slightly. The moment any dumbass can genetically engineer a 'slate wiper' virus in his basement, all life on Earth is done. 'Slate wiper' is the cute name that the CDC gave to a virus that has 100% mortality for *all* other kinds of life.

The point is, it is not aliens we need to worry about. The biggest threat to the survival of the human race may be found in the nearest mirror.
* The only usable tools for these tasks are guns, and thus I have the right to shoot anyone who would take my guns from me.
Ought Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:58 PM   #12
Glockd
5.56, faster than 911

Oh yeah, we're dicks, no doubt about that. And, we are pretty stupid.

كافر & Proud
Old 09-21-2011, 04:02 PM   #13
Samen
unregistered

Not science fiction is that almost everyone has a space program as in Nigeria planing to to launch its first space rocket in a few years innovated by all the nice images satellite Nigeria 1 and especially Nigeria 2 with its 20 meter rez is giving them of the world, nice images of US on the web from them and probably strategic ones for sale for anyone who has the dollars.
Samen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:51 PM   #14
Samen
unregistered

Nigeria set to launch rocket into orbit

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/n...et-into-orbit/

Nigeria set to expand its activities in space

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereport...in-space.shtml
Samen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:49 PM   #15
doc_jake
Member Level 3

Location: Northumberland, the last county in england before you hit scotland on the east coast.
But would you buy anything from a Nigerian email ????

I watched the program on "War plan Red" the other night, very intresting. though I think the planners way off with the number of troops that would have been used on both sides.

For those that havent seen it, the conclusion was we would have sacrificed Canada in favour of a draw in the sea battle in order to maintain the rest of the empire.
doc_jake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
britain, war