Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Main Floor > News

News This is the forum where we post hard news and current events. If it is outside the box then that is where it goes. If it is your opinion, please write in the Op/Ed forum.

Old 09-25-2011, 03:36 PM   #1
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow Man opens fire near WA school during football game; shooter killed by police

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...earschool.html
* The only usable tools for these tasks are guns, and thus I have the right to shoot anyone who would take my guns from me.
Ought Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:56 PM   #2
dyrt
. . .

The article does not say where he was aiming and why he was shooting.
dyrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:05 PM   #3
Glockd
5.56, faster than 911

That is pretty irrelevant dont you think.

"When the enemy is in range, so are you!" - Murphy
كافر & Proud
Glockd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:07 PM   #4
dyrt
. . .

No I don't. Shooting a gun is not against the law. I am curious to know what laws he was violating. Was it zoned for no shooting? Did he point his weapon at a kid, a policeman, etc.?
dyrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:30 PM   #5
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyrt View Post
No I don't. Shooting a gun is not against the law.
Yes, in the city of Issaquah, it is.
----------
Quote:
I am curious to know what laws he was violating. Was it zoned for no shooting? Did he point his weapon at a kid, a policeman, etc.?
If he was out in public a block or so from Issaquah High shooting a gun, he was putting people in danger. There is a middle school a block up the road and a large church across the street from IHS. It is a suburban area. Even if he was in Park Pointe, behind the school, you do not go into a large public park and open fire.

EDIT:

More info.
Quote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44653671...ws-seattle_wa/

Exceprt:

The man, said to be in his 50s and from Maple Valley, was driving his car on Front Street when he stopped in the middle of the street, got out and started shooting, King County Sheriff’s Office spokesman John Urquhart said.

“A bullet went between me and my friend Tony. We started running and we could hear bullets bouncing off the concrete behind us,” said Shanae Hover.

The man proceeded to walk toward the elementary school and high school, where a youth football game was going on.

“Where we were alongside the elementary school we got shot at about nine times,” said Jason Gerth.

Police emptied the field and evacuated the stands filled with young football players and their families.

“They're huddled under the bleachers staying close together, scared out of their minds,” said Chase Hawkins.

“In my whole life I've never seen anything like this,” said Jack Hover.

The children that live in the house right next to Clark Elementary found themselves in the middle of gunfire.

“I was so scared, I was shocked and couldn't move, I heard the gunshot, I don’t know it was like a like and death situation so I ran inside as fast as I could,” said one boy.

Richard Denbey lives just a few doors down. When he heard a barrage of shots he went outside and saw a herd of teenagers, running toward him.

“Came sprinting down the street, terrified looks on their faces,” he said. “We hustled them into garage and they were nearly sick to their stomachs with fear.”

David Korpi also saw that group of teens. He was at a church yard work party. He picked up a rock as a weapon and ran toward the chaos and ended up seeing a gunfight between the shooter and police.
Front Street is the main business district street in the old historic part of Issaquah. It is lined with shops, businesses, schools and churches. Go a half-block off of Front Street and you are in the older residential neighborhood of Issaquah.
* The only usable tools for these tasks are guns, and thus I have the right to shoot anyone who would take my guns from me.

Last edited by Ought Six; 09-25-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Ought Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:05 PM   #6
Glockd
5.56, faster than 911

Well then, good shooting by the officers. I pretty much figured from the initial article, (very near a youth game, folks scrambling for cover) that the shooter was up to no good.

"When the enemy is in range, so are you!" - Murphy
كافر & Proud
Glockd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fire, football, game, killed, man, opens, police, school, shooter