Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Our Homestead > Our Leisure Time > TV, Movies and Music

TV, Movies and Music Discuss your favorite television shows, movies, and music here.

Old 10-20-2011, 03:59 PM   #1
flourbug
fumbling around in the dark

Thanked 3,282 Times in 1,866 Posts
Default Okay, about Walking Dead...

Does it bother anyone else that the few remaining humans on earth are driving around Zombieland in rattletrap old cars, with their windows down, and don't seem overly concerned about their children?

If *I* was one of the survivors, I'd find me the nearest Humvee and Deathrace 2000 to the biggest baddest yacht I could find and head out to sea. Five years later I'd come back to find all zombies are now compost. Oh yes, my child would not be told "don't go further than I can see you" as we all wander through a sea of parked cars on the interstate that are harboring dead bodies and wandering zombies. My kids would be GLUED to me with superglue.

Yes, I know... it's silly to nitpick a story about animated dead people. But come on, I need SOME reality with my fantasy, otherwise, what's the point?
flourbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:01 PM   #2
jason
Official Peon

If I was in that group, I'd get everyone to ride a beat up motorcycle with no mufflers. I would also get handlebar extensions, because the ape hangers he has installed still allow him to turn a little bit.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:31 PM   #3
Old Lurker

Default I don't get it

The zombies are slow and easy to take down. I don't get all the panic. I picture myself on the roof of the RV with a large spear playing zombie wack-a-mole. Kill a dozen, back up the RV and repeat.

There are people on this board that would wipe out tens of thousands of zombies like that quite easily. A modified bus with chainsaw slots comes to mind.

I'd love to see a zombie movie where the zombies ran into some preppers. Would make the series kind of short I guess......
Old Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Old Lurker For This Useful Post:
Arianwen (02-01-2012)
Old 10-20-2011, 06:21 PM   #4
lisa

actually the zombies seem faster and more agile this season. I agree about heading out to sea..or atleast swapping out the junk cars in need of constant repair for something decent...seriously there are thousands of abandoned cars...and i dont think the dead or zombies took the keys with them. I think a way to kill alot of zombies would be to attract them to a stadium with lights and noise..lock the doors behind them and blow the place up!
lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:54 PM   #5
rb.
Hey, USA, you're not the boss of me!

A yup...I've been thinking all those things, too. And I didn't see any running last season, but those two in the bush seemed to be doing so.
rb. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:31 PM   #6
Potemkin
Omne ignotum pro magnifico

Thanked 1,820 Times in 1,105 Posts
No, you aren't alone.

I see all of those nice HUMVEES with those nice crash bars which would run over all kinds of zombies.

When he got out of the hospital he walked home instead of grabbing that HUMVEES right outside.

What about APCs?

What about all of those military weapons laying around?

© Gregori Potemkin. All rights reserved. But wait . . . fair use allowed and encouraged. Actually, go 'head and publish the whole thing as is. I don't care.
Potemkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:31 PM   #7
D. Gale
Make a Wish

You can't just just spear them, you have to destroy the brain stem. Head shots, people, head shots.
"The kill rate in humans infected with Ebola Zaire is nine out of ten. Ninety percent of the people who come down with Ebola Zaire die of it. Ebola Zaire is a slate wiper in humans." --Richard Preston, The Hot Zone

"Don't worry. Ebola could never gain a foothold in the west due to our advanced medical infrastructure and rigorous protocols." -- Exodia
D. Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:57 PM   #8
Fartacus
It's like that, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flourbug View Post
Does it bother anyone else that the few remaining humans on earth are driving around Zombieland in rattletrap old cars, with their windows down, and don't seem overly concerned about their children?

If *I* was one of the survivors, I'd find me the nearest Humvee and Deathrace 2000 to the biggest baddest yacht I could find and head out to sea. Five years later I'd come back to find all zombies are now compost. Oh yes, my child would not be told "don't go further than I can see you" as we all wander through a sea of parked cars on the interstate that are harboring dead bodies and wandering zombies. My kids would be GLUED to me with superglue.

Yes, I know... it's silly to nitpick a story about animated dead people. But come on, I need SOME reality with my fantasy, otherwise, what's the point?
That's the problem. You coddle these kids in a zombie apocalypse and they're never going learn. Children need to be encouraged to explore, not be sheltered.

The Dude abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners.
Fartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #9
Ross
Senior Level 6

Thanked 1,578 Times in 896 Posts
I have no idea what this thread is about but must warn you that
I and my family are zombies so please keep it polite .

The discrimination against us is just terrible . Even at McDonalds
people complain about the stink and maggots . Can you believe that .

“Gold is money. Everything else is credit.”

Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ross For This Useful Post:
Arianwen (02-01-2012), Greta (02-01-2012)
Old 10-20-2011, 10:51 PM   #10
lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Gale View Post
You can't just just spear them, you have to destroy the brain stem. Head shots, people, head shots.
double tap!
lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:56 PM   #11
SSG Rex
Disgruntled Armed Libertarian Underpaid Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potemkin View Post
No, you aren't alone.

I see all of those nice HUMVEES with those nice crash bars which would run over all kinds of zombies.

When he got out of the hospital he walked home instead of grabbing that HUMVEES right outside.

What about APCs?

What about all of those military weapons laying around?
No kidding...especially since HMMWVs don't need a key to start - no hotwiring required (not that hotwiring is all that difficult, just remember 3 wires to start, not just the two like in TV and movies). Me, I say screw the HMMWVs, I'm finding me an MRAP

The yacht idea isn't bad, except for storing enough food, and more importantly, fresh water. Now if you got lucky enough to find a Navy ship large enough to have an onboard saltwater processor...

CVMA Full Member #2196
Patriot Guard Riders
American Legion Riders Texas Post 573
NRA Life Member
Oath Keeper
Texas Sons of Liberty Rider

The opinions expressed above do not represent the position of the US Army or the DOD.
SSG Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:51 PM   #12
rb.
Hey, USA, you're not the boss of me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
I have no idea what this thread is about but must warn you that
I and my family are zombies so please keep it polite .

The discrimination against us is just terrible . Even at McDonalds
people complain about the stink and maggots . Can you believe that .
Aw...poor guy...here ya' go...don't feel lonely...

http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead
rb. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:07 PM   #13
rryan
Where the hell am I?

One of my first thoughts was the same thing--how hard can it be to find a Bradley or something armored, preferably with tracks or 6WD.

It's still we the people, right?
rryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:52 PM   #14
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

I also see these guys using crude improvised weapons like baseball bats and woodcutting axes. Every city has a museum with a complete compliment of extremely efficient bladed Medieval weaponry. I would like to see zombies trying to chew through a full set of armor to eat my brains while I am laying blows about right and left with my battle axe and sword. If you are in a rural area, all the road crews and farmers have brush hooks. And just about every gunstore in America has Saiga 12 gauges with drum mags. These amateurs need to elevate their game.
* The only usable tools for these tasks are guns, and thus I have the right to shoot anyone who would take my guns from me.
Ought Six is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ought Six For This Useful Post:
Arianwen (02-01-2012)
Old 10-24-2011, 07:11 PM   #15
flourbug

Just stay at sea, and wait for the nuclear reactors to all melt down...
The Following User Says Thank You to flourbug For This Useful Post:
Arianwen (02-01-2012)
Old 10-24-2011, 07:41 PM   #16
rryan
Where the hell am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ought Six View Post
I also see these guys using crude improvised weapons like baseball bats and woodcutting axes. Every city has a museum with a complete compliment of extremely efficient bladed Medieval weaponry. I would like to see zombies trying to chew through a full set of armor to eat my brains while I am laying blows about right and left with my battle axe and sword. If you are in a rural area, all the road crews and farmers have brush hooks. And just about every gunstore in America has Saiga 12 gauges with drum mags. These amateurs need to elevate their game.
I had an acquaintance a few years back with a Paul Chen sword he dropped a couple grand on.

I want one of those---it was absolutely amazing what that thing would cut through and easy to assume that based on some of the stuff I watched him cut that it would slice a head clean through with little more than wrist and elbow power.

Be careful with the armor--it can throw you off balance

It's still we the people, right?
rryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:43 PM   #17
driveshesaid
Member Level 2

I had to laugh at zombie in the FEMA jacket last night.

drive

The Revolution will be Hand Knit
driveshesaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:28 AM   #18
SSG Rex
Disgruntled Armed Libertarian Underpaid Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rryan View Post
One of my first thoughts was the same thing--how hard can it be to find a Bradley or something armored, preferably with tracks or 6WD.
Depends on how close you live to an Army post or sizable Guard armory. Fort Hood (even with half of it deployed) has at least a division's worth of tanks, Bradleys, MRAPs, uparmored vehicles from HMMWV to HEMMT. Fort Lewis has a couple partial divisions worth of Strykers. I imagine you could have just as much fun "shopping" in Georgia, Kansas, Missouri, Kentucky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ought Six View Post
Every city has a museum with a complete compliment of extremely efficient bladed Medieval weaponry. I would like to see zombies trying to chew through a full set of armor to eat my brains while I am laying blows about right and left with my battle axe and sword.
Now that's thinking outside the box...I like it!
In case I run out of ammo, I do have a German broadsword above my mantel.

CVMA Full Member #2196
Patriot Guard Riders
American Legion Riders Texas Post 573
NRA Life Member
Oath Keeper
Texas Sons of Liberty Rider

The opinions expressed above do not represent the position of the US Army or the DOD.
SSG Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:34 PM   #19
Potemkin

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment...r-third-season

Walking Dead renewed for Season 3.

© Gregori Potemkin. All rights reserved. But wait . . . fair use allowed and encouraged. Actually, go 'head and publish the whole thing as is. I don't care.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:34 PM   #20
flourbug

They're running out of kids.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:14 AM   #21
Toner
Visitor to a strange world of green snow

It's going to be a long wait until February for the second half of the season

Adopted internet dad of CanadaSue and Key
Toner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:32 AM   #22
Toner
Visitor to a strange world of green snow

Walking Dead/Growing Pains intro mash-up

Adopted internet dad of CanadaSue and Key
Toner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #23
Potemkin

I gave up on it. Ridiculous plot right at the end of the season. It was like they were stretching it out.

Interesting to see the racist become the good guy, the go too guy.

I also couldn't stand the stupidity.

All of that National Guard and military gear hanging around and everyone stays with wheel guns, bolt action rifles, cross bow and driving around in broken down pieces of shiate.

I would have taken some of those MRAP (and the 6x6 MRAP) I saw, a fuel trailer pulled by one of them, M-16s, LAWS, and enough ammo for a year. Maybe some of those up-armored Hummers.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #24
Ter
Member Level 5

My kids love it so we keep on watching.
Of course it would be more efficient to kill them with modern weapons but it is a TV series ja ? Where would all the fun be with your scenarios ?
And I am glad the little girl got caught and later killed. She should have listened to the sheriff. And her mother should have kept the kid near her, the bitch. She was already playing sweet with the redneck to make a replacement baby at the end of the series.

Ter
Ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #25
flourbug

Quote:
a replacement baby
Zombie appetizer.

I can enjoy the show if I think of it as a group of stupid people who are going to get picked off one by one.

I'm already staking out my PAW home. It's a 12 million dollar stone mansion on a nice piece of land, in the middle of a big, deep, spring fed lake. The interesting thing is, it is surrounded by suburbia. Very out of place. Can't be seen from the road and it is difficult to find on Google and Bing maps. I came across it because they applied to the town to construct a huge underground 'panic room/storm shelter' that is bigger than my house. Oh yeah, baby. Currently they have a bridge to the property. That gets blown up right after I'm done trucking in enough preps to last the next 30 years.
The Following User Says Thank You to flourbug For This Useful Post:
Arianwen (02-01-2012)

Tags
dead, walking