Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Our Homestead > Our Leisure Time > TV, Movies and Music

TV, Movies and Music Discuss your favorite television shows, movies, and music here.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:40 PM   #1
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow DreamWorks Animation unveils China studio plans

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/ente...reamworks.html

Once they get this new Chinese operation up and running, I have to wonder how long it will be before they start laying off employees in their present Glendale, California facility.
* The only usable tools for these tasks are guns, and thus I have the right to shoot anyone who would take my guns from me.
Ought Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:00 AM   #2
D. Gale
Make a Wish

It doesn't sound like that facility is being built to replace the Glendale facillity. It sounds like it is being built to supplement it; specifically, to create movies for Chinese audiences, not Western ones.
D. Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:17 AM   #3
Ought Six
Dismember

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Gale View Post
It doesn't sound like that facility is being built to replace the Glendale facillity. It sounds like it is being built to supplement it; specifically, to create movies for Chinese audiences, not Western ones.
I did read the article. The question remains. They say it is just for the Chinese market, but once they have a staff of skilled animators that can pump out productions at a much lower price, it obviously becomes more difficult to justify keeping all production for the American market in Glendale.
* The only usable tools for these tasks are guns, and thus I have the right to shoot anyone who would take my guns from me.
Ought Six is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animation, china, dreamworks, plans, studio, unveils