Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Main Floor > News

News This is the forum where we post hard news and current events. If it is outside the box then that is where it goes. If it is your opinion, please write in the Op/Ed forum.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
Potemkin
Omne ignotum pro magnifico

Thanked 1,809 Times in 1,101 Posts
Default 8yo, cosmetic surgery

Just like Mum!

Quote:
“My children are all well-rounded. I think they’re very fortunate to have a mother like me...”
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...aughter-743670

Mum reveals why she's buying her daughter £8,000 of cosmetic surgery vouchers for her EIGHTH birthday

Sarah Burge believes it’s perfectly OK to introduce her daughter to the world of Botox, facelifts, nose and boob job
Motherly love? Sarah with her eight-year-old daughter Poppy Motherly love? Sarah with her eight-year-old daughter Poppy

For their eighth birthday most little girls can expect a new doll, or a bike, some clothes or maybe a games console.

Not Poppy Burge. When she wakes up to her special day next month, her mum Sarah will hand her £8,000 of vouchers... to spend on plastic surgery.

And while Poppy is so young her two front teeth have yet to come through, Sarah believes it’s perfectly OK to introduce her daughter to the world of Botox, facelifts, nose-jobs and boob jobs.

Sarah, 51, who has already spent more than £250,000 on her own cosmetic procedures over the last 20 years, insists that the best gift she can give Poppy is the chance to be just like her.

[Look, Poppy can be on Page 3 with her mum!

I guess Sarrah didn't spend that money on a tummy tuck. Pote]

© Gregori Potemkin. All rights reserved. But wait . . . fair use allowed and encouraged. Actually, go 'head and publish the whole thing as is. I don't care.
Potemkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:44 AM   #2
CanadaSue
SuperModerator

Thanked 3,127 Times in 1,801 Posts
"8 is the new 18."

"I'm investing in my child's future."

Everything about this 'mother' is wrong. She's teaching her adughter she's not okay how she is. Her party will involve the child JUDGING her 'friends' as they walk down a catwalk. As a fellow parent - that's one party my daughter wouldn't be attending. As to claiing posing for those photos are all about female empowerment? Bullshit. They're about completely inappropriate sexualization of a CHILD.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
ukmum

Madness....

Cheap advertising for her own business...although the results dont look too good IMO
ukmum is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
8yo, cosmetic, surgery