Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Main Floor > Science Center > Environmental News

Environmental News Discuss weather, climate, and earth changes here.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:56 PM   #1
linttrap
it's time for the Guillotine, again

Thanked 6,105 Times in 2,645 Posts
Default #Radioactive Japan: Canada-Japan Women's Soccer Friendly Match to be Held in Fukushima City

Sending Canadian athletes to Fukushima City next month?

Somebody really should protest the government sending young healthy Canadian women into this environment. Exactly how does this "support the recovery"?

Quote:
Women's World Cup Soccer [or football for European readers] under the age of 20 will be held in Japan next month. To support the recovery, a friendly match is planned between the Japanese team and the Canadian team in Fukushima City.
http://ex-skf.blogspot.com/2012/07/r...an-womens.html

“When you hear ‘no immediate danger‘ from nuclear radiation then you should run away as far and as fast as you can.”
-Alexey Yablokov, member of the Russian academy of sciences and adviser to President Gorbachev at the time of Chernobyl
linttrap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #2
CanadaSue
SuperModerator

Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,811 Posts
No daughter of mine... etc. Even if I had to 'steal' her passport.

That's idiotic.

Sending young folks in to help clean up - in proper protective gear & under adult supervision is one thing but even then - no, no MY kids. You don't know the results decades down the road or even during the reproductive period.

Tags
#radioactive, canadajapan, city, friendly, fukushima, held, japan, match, soccer, women