Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Main Floor > News > MidEast Turmoil

MidEast Turmoil The world has its eyes on the uprisings in Tunisia, Egypt, Jordan and Syria. TBM has created a special forum for up to the minute news and discussion of rapidly changing events.

Old 03-27-2017, 03:31 PM   #26
rryan
Deplorable

Thanked 1,506 Times in 684 Posts
https://komnews.com/close-1000-hdp-a...d-bars-turkey/

It's still we the people, right?
rryan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rryan For This Useful Post:
Sonny (03-28-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 01:01 AM   #27
Oric
El Turco

Thanked 2,264 Times in 995 Posts

A permitted PKK "No" campaign in front of the Swiss Parliament .. Hypocrites
Oric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 01:06 AM   #28
Oric
El Turco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sysiphus View Post
If anti-Erdogan politicians were allowed to organize rallies but pro-Erdogan politicians were not, I agree with you. That is just wrong.
This just is correct. Many "No" promoting politicians cancelled their rallies in Germany and Netherlands after the ban on "Yes" and the fascist actions of the Dutch Government. I gave you an example what is even permitted for "No" above. The Gold-Teeth diggers are back with their democracy
Old 03-28-2017, 04:58 AM   #29
Ter
Voluntary Exile

Thanked 1,962 Times in 689 Posts
Oric, I am taken aback that you have become such a staunch supporter of Erdogan.
He has to a great extent already abolished the realisations of Kemal Ataturk.
Erdogan is power hungry, aggressive, and impulsive. He broke relations with Russia and Israel only to repair them afterwards. He is reintroducing Islamisation in the country.
Now he is using inexcusable language against very reasonable countries in Europe.

Just this morning I had an appointment with a visiting boss from Europe in one of the few five star hotels in the city. There was a wall with pictures of visiting dignitaries and I saw a picture of the Turkish President Gulen from 2010. How life can change.
Ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:32 AM   #30
Oric
El Turco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ter View Post
Oric, I am taken aback that you have become such a staunch supporter of Erdogan.
He has to a great extent already abolished the realisations of Kemal Ataturk.
Erdogan is power hungry, aggressive, and impulsive. He broke relations with Russia and Israel only to repair them afterwards. He is reintroducing Islamisation in the country.
Now he is using inexcusable language against very reasonable countries in Europe.

Just this morning I had an appointment with a visiting boss from Europe in one of the few five star hotels in the city. There was a wall with pictures of visiting dignitaries and I saw a picture of the Turkish President Gulen from 2010. How life can change.
I am not a supporter of Erdogan, on the contrary, these selfless acts of Europe are making him stronger.

Reasonable countries ? Nope, they are reasonable as long as their benefits are fulfilled.

Many of the adjectives you have used for Erdogan can be used equally for Putin, Trump etc... Every bit of news I hear on Trump is 1-1 with what was for Erdogan, from headlines to protests ... It is a Deja-vu.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:02 PM   #31
pave_spectre
Freakin' out the Polar Bears.

If Erdogan didn't want other countries interfering with his political machinations, he should have kept them out of those countries.
As far as I am concerned, all those other countries are well within their rights to allow or deny whatever foreign grandstanding they choose.

And not being able to keep your ideological insults straight just makes you look like a rabid moron. Are the Dutch Nazi or fascist? Just pick one and stick with it.

When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution, and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
pave_spectre is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pave_spectre For This Useful Post:
Sonny (03-28-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 09:17 PM   #32
Sonny
Star Witness

Why are Turkish officials campaigning in Europe anyway?

Turkish law forbids the organization of electoral campaigns abroad or in diplomatic missions. However, Turkish [Erdogan's AKP] officials circumvent this ban by holding what they describe as cultural events with Turkish citizens living in other countries...
>-

Passage of the amendments would formalize the sweeping powers Erdogan claimed after the attempted coup, effectively transforming Turkey into a dictatorship, his opponents say. Or, as an informational campaign brochure distributed by the pro-Kurdish People’s Democratic Party, or HDP, whose leaders have been jailed in the past few months, puts it: “Can the deed of a country be given to one person?”

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Turkish law forbids the organization of electoral campaigns abroad
Sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 10:42 PM   #33
Oric
El Turco

pave Those who act that way in Netherlands deserve both, I am not generalizing to every Dutch citizen but to remind you, Turks receive worse generalizations and insults in Europe, and last point, these are not my ideology, so not my ideological words, I voice what the simple facts show me, although I don't like Erdogan or his point of view, I am seeing worse things being brewed.

Since the 1970ies Turkish parties and politicians go to Europe to ask for votes, it is the first time some European countres object to this and they only object to one side. This is unacceptable and deeply political. Oh by the way, German newspapers publish Turkish articles to ask people to vote "No", how more stupid can they get ? I am beginning to think this is a plot by Erdogan&Merkel to support each other.

@sonny : What you say is true on paper (ban on campaigns by law) but every political party is dong it and we are not talking about AKP prosecuting others while continue to do theirs. On the contraire, as soon as Dutch intervened, all but HDP stopped their rallies, sometimes directly by PKK, (to their free speech posters -Kill Erdogan- most of you are awkwardly silent, aren't YDP/PKK nice allies for you in the Middle East ?)

P.S. I think the name of this thread is Moronic as well, since I objected and nobody usually cares, those people in the streets were not all Islamists and they were protesting, not rioting. We don't have to eat all the shit shoved to us. You understand ?

Last edited by Oric; 03-28-2017 at 10:51 PM.

Tags
allahu akbar, holland, islamists, rioting, rotterdam, turkish