Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Our Homestead > Preparedness

Preparedness Join us to discuss all aspects of preparedness.

Old 01-20-2016, 09:51 PM   #1
Potemkin
Omne ignotum pro magnifico

Thanked 5,797 Times in 2,870 Posts
Default Couple fighting attackers

I am going to stick this here because I can't confirm what it really is.

I haven't confirmed it but allegedly it is of immigrants (somewhere) getting really close to sexual harassment of a woman with a close male friend (husband? BF?) present.

Sexual harassment may be strong but it depends on your culture. (Man feels woman's hair). At least a masher.

I put it here because it shows good strategy when a couple is attacked be a larger group of males.

Push away, push away, but when fists are thrown, the victim male picks one attacker and gets the job done. No Marquess of Queensberry rules on the street where they hit the ground and you stop and let them back up.

Once on the ground victim male makes sure they stay on the ground but doesn't get out of hand. (Appropriate use of Continuum of Force).

There are other attackers are around and the victim female isn't standing on the sidelines. Maybe she doesn't know how to fight a stronger male or maybe doesn't have the strength but she does her part.

Victim female keeps the other attackers who want to engage the victim male busy by keeping them off balance (pushing) or distracting them. At one point two attackers go after the victim male and victim female peels one of the attackers away (pushing/distraction) so it is one on one.

When some are on the ground and they are thinking of getting back into it victim female gets some shots in.

Perhaps this is the woman's "Code of Conduct" the Cologne mayor was talking about.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Potemkin For This Useful Post:
lisa (01-21-2016), proteus (01-21-2016), Ter (01-21-2016)
Old 01-20-2016, 10:35 PM   #2
CanadaSue
SuperModerator

Thanked 11,047 Times in 5,057 Posts
I experienced an... 'incident' on December 23rd after I finished Christmas shopping that was perturbing on several levels. I was standing, waiting for a bus at a crowded transfer point when my butt was grabbed - not brushed against but GRABBED. I turned around swinging & got in a glancing blow across the guy's throat. I was a little off balance & staggered backwards. That caused a man to take step back & he backed into the second guy trying to lift his wallet from his back pocket. I guess I was supposed to be the distraction. Long story short, they took off down an alley into a parking lot & none of us there saw them long enough to ever be able to ID them - they could have been any young, white punk late teens to mid 20s. Wish I'd hit this dweeb straight on but I DID connect & my knuckles stung for a few hours so I'm hoping he was in pain for some days.

It was the reaction of some of the women around me after that really frosted me. There was an aura of disapproval from a good half of the dozen or so that were there. "My Lord, how could you HIT someone like that, especially when you don't know what he was doing?" Yeah I did know - this wasn't an innocent jostle in a crowded bus, he grabbed me deliberately. Even the younger girls were shocked. "OMG, what if it had been someone you know, you'd have felt soooo awful!" No I wouldn't have. No one I know would have the sheer bad manners to pull something so offensive.
AndreaCA (01-21-2016), Feather (01-22-2016), Jemima (01-22-2016), linttrap (01-21-2016), lisa (01-20-2016), lonfa (02-04-2016)
Old 01-20-2016, 11:34 PM   #3
Mama Alanna
Eat ALL the cookies!

Thanked 5,271 Times in 2,072 Posts
Sue, DD1 was in high school when her butt was grabbed from behind. She spun around and broke a binder over the perp's head. Only then did she see that it WAS a friend -- and she STILL wasn't and isn't sorry! He should have known better. And I bet he never played grab-ass again like that.
Mama Alanna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mama Alanna For This Useful Post:
Feather (01-22-2016), linttrap (01-21-2016), lisa (01-21-2016)
Old 01-21-2016, 12:01 AM   #4
lisa
Senior Level 1

Thanked 1,379 Times in 524 Posts
Wow! Great video!

I've always told my girls... if somebody grabs you inappropriately, get loud and get aggressive. They are looking for a victim and you have to show them you aren't. It's obviously no guarantee against assault but you will not be an easy victim at any rate.
lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lisa For This Useful Post:
AndreaCA (01-21-2016), Feather (01-22-2016), linttrap (01-21-2016), rryan (01-21-2016)
Old 01-25-2016, 11:31 AM   #5
Volunteer

I'd like to watch the video but it has been removed by Youtube.
Volunteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 01:00 PM   #6
Potemkin
Omne ignotum pro magnifico

Thanked 5,797 Times in 2,870 Posts
I don't know why it was removed. Just like a lot of other videos about fighting on YouTube.

Immigrant rights groups are known to use DMCA to remove content injurious to their cause. YouTube automatically removes postings and makes the original poster fight it.

Perhaps the OP hasn't seen it or it isn't worth the hassle to them.

Basically it went the way I said in the OP. Good work by both of them. The woman wasn't a wallflower and did her part based on her skills.

I bet the video is on Live Leak or WorldStar if you look.

Tags
attackers, couple, fighting