Go Back   This Blue Marble, a Global Current Events Discussion Forum > Health and Medicine > Flu Clinic > Personal Accounts

Personal Accounts From those who've been there: self, family, media

Old 11-20-2009, 05:28 PM   #1
Samen
unregistered

Default My symptoms round 2

As this is my second bout with what I think is the Swine Flu the first one being in the summer of 2009 and a very heavy experience to 2 of our family members I am now trying to keep a better record of what happened and symptoms, basically mine if there is nothing out of ordinary in other family members. In the summer episode, DW was the only one who didn’t get ill in our family.

November

17th 8 pm son has first symptoms, sore throat (both our dogs have a fever am to pm).
18th 7 am daughter starts coughing, 8 am son gets Tamiflu, 10 am meeting at the schools principals’ office (yikes) over 50 % of sons schoolmates are ill (yikes x 2) and more leaving during the day.
19th 2 kids still under.
20th 3 pm I feel tired 4 pm I need a nap, 5 pm slight fever, 6 pm sore throat, 7 pm chilly, 8 pm slight headache, 9 pm lower leg muscles ache, 10 pm upper leg muscles ache, 10:30 pm take 75 mg Tamiflu, 10:45 upper arms start to itch, 11 pm upper arm muscles ache, daughter still coughing, son finally up and watching a movie.
Samen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:03 PM   #2
Amberglass
Senior Level 3

Samen,

It's hard enough going through it once. let alone twice. My DD had terrible leg pain for weeks after. Hope you are all over it soon.

My DS has a sore throat starting, I'm crossing my fingers.
Amberglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:57 PM   #3
CanadaSue
SuperModerator

Thanked 11,279 Times in 5,130 Posts
You guys are scaring me. I know those who've had it found it an inconvenience at best. We're entering a very busy & stressful time of year. A second bout doesn't sound like any fun at all, even if it's mnilder than a first.

Be careful, everybody!
Old 11-21-2009, 01:00 AM   #4
MicheleMaBell
Member Level 3

Get well soon, it's bad enough to go through it once I'm sure and hope to never find out now that I've had the vax but twice! Poor thing, feel better soon and keep us posted ok!
MicheleMaBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:48 AM   #5
VT9
Senior Level 2

Wow! Round two.
Sorry to hear that. Hope I don't see it whatever I had again.
Get well soon!
VT9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:18 PM   #6
Samen
unregistered

Thanks for the well wishes.

21st 9 am right hand muscles sore could not raise myself up with it, left hand finger joints sore could not grab glass of water, 2 pm breakfast, 3 pm nose and sinuses stuffy, 4 pm very light chest pain starts and leg muscle pain only in lower legs. All symptoms easily tolerable.
Girl still hacking away and son asked if he could go out, Saturday evening and all.

This seems to be pretty mild in my case, need to look into some antibiotics to start on soon if chest pain continues.

Downside DW is now feeling down, tired, aches, cough and runny nose, she didn’t have it in the summer, hope it goes easy on her.

Here are some of the symptoms I had last time, copying from another board I posted them to.

Quote:
07-08-2009
Day 1
Sore throat
Cough
Slight fever 38 C
Muscles in limbs sore.
Pain in eyes.
Head ache
Nose seems numb to touch

Day 2
Throat more sore than day one
Cough became milder
Slight fever 38 C
Fatigue growing
Slight feeling of lung congestion
Pain in eyes.
Head ache
Overall worse than day 1

Day 3
Throat is really sore only salt water gargling helps
Cough almost gone
Fever on and of mostly of, sweaty moments, mild chills every now and then
Muscle pain has totally gone away
Both ankles hurt
Fatigue growing strong
Disorientation
Itchy legs and can feel my scalp
Lung congestion obvious
Pain in lungs
Pain in eyes.
Head ache
Overall not as bad as day 2

Day 4
Throat is realy really sore woke up many times during night to pain
No couch

Fever on and of mostly of, sweaty moments, mild chills every now and then
Pain in ankles gone
Fatigue growing very strong (went to doctor and she commented on it)
Disorientation easing
Lungs feel like fire in upper part of lungs, the pain is unbelievable, only walking outside helps a little but I want to stress that this was definitely something one has not experienced before, you totally exhausted, disorientated and a pain from hell for 4 hours straight
Had swabs for throat culture and Influenza type, was prescribed pills to dilute mucus in lungs and induce couching with orders for steam treatment.
Manage to cough up every now and then a little with a thickness of “Goo” real thick stuff, during steam inhalation if cough comes almost vomit from it.

Day 5
I though it was all over except for the pain in lungs.
Continuing on pills to dilute mucus and induce cough and steam, some real thick stuff coming out, should have never started smoking 30 years ago
Light fever is back on and off light chills and sweaty moments
Lab results in, throat no bacterial infection and Influenza type A
Throat pain stays at bay with gargling salt water lung pain tolerable.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:16 PM   #7
Amberglass
Senior Level 3

Samen, That sounds just nasty! I hope you are fully recovered soon.
Amberglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:57 PM   #8
dessismama
Member Level 1

Hope you are all better now!!

It seems DD might be on her second round--much milder this time, no fever on day 2, complains of pain in eyes, very sore throat and coughs a bit. Also says her legs hurt.
dessismama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:33 PM   #9
Samen
unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by dessismama View Post
Hope you are all better now!!

It seems DD might be on her second round--much milder this time, no fever on day 2, complains of pain in eyes, very sore throat and coughs a bit. Also says her legs hurt.
keep the lights low for her, and fast recovery,

im only in my second day but son is feeling good and wants out, so he takes the dogs for a walk as other vice keeping him still in.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:42 AM   #10
Samen
unregistered

Update

20th 3 pm I feel tired 4 pm I need a nap, 5 pm slight fever, 6 pm sore throat, 7 pm chilly, 8 pm slight headache, 9 pm lower leg muscles ache, 10 pm upper leg muscles ache, 10:30 pm take 75 mg Tamiflu, 10:45 upper arms start to itch, 11 pm upper arm muscles ache, daughter still coughing, son finally up and watching a movie.
21st 9 am right hand muscles sore could not raise myself up with it, left hand finger joints sore could not grab glass of water, 2 pm breakfast, 3 pm nose and sinuses stuffy, 4 pm very light chest pain starts and leg muscle pain only in lower legs. All symptoms easily tolerable.

22nd Not a bad day at all, went to do some work on the tug, all symptoms really in check.

23rd 9 am Lungs are starting to clog up, can’t get a full breath even if one tried hard, only muscle pain left is in lower arms, and only joint pain is in left hand index and F finger, no throat pain just a slight sensation. I think now is the time to start antibiotics.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:42 PM   #11
dessismama
Member Level 1

Hope you got the antibiotics and are feeling better!!!

DD is all better today, only coughed maybe 10 times and it was productive. Her energy levels are almost normal, so she will go to school tomorrow.
dessismama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
round, symptoms